Leno going back to Late Night

Brian

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
Conan would likely go back to 1135 or maybe ABC?

Although, its all speculation at this point.

He's got to go to ABC if they'll take him. He can't let them screw with him like that at NBC. Let them hang their future hopes on Carson and Fallon, while he builds up a long term fan base on another network.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
Conan on FOX at 11?

I think he'd be a great fit on Comedy Central or even USA too. Either of those would give him the opportunity to get at least the same ratings he's been getting at NBC with his s***eous leadin.

He's not taking the Daily Show.

Conan is much better with a younger audience than Leno is, perhaps he wasn't a solid enough 11:30pm fit.

In my opinion though, this move is more to placate Leno than to deny O'Brien's ability.

NBC finally realized what we all did months ago - a daily 10pm TV variety show is a stupid idea.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 06:03 PM)
Conan is much better with a younger audience than Leno is, perhaps he wasn't a solid enough 11:30pm fit.

In my opinion though, this move is more to placate Leno than to deny O'Brien's ability.

NBC finally realized what we all did months ago - a daily 10pm TV variety show is a stupid idea.

You are 100% right on everything.

Conan grew into the 12:30 slot over time, that's exactly what he would have done in the 11:30 slot. But Leno already has that fanbase that he's developed over 2 decades and after having the Carson fanbase handed mostly to him. The problem is, that fanbase is almost as old as the average Fox News audience.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 07:20 PM)
I don't know if Leno was an official lead in show.

The news is in between them.

Well Leno was the lead for the local news which has been killing local affiliates. That couldn't help Conan.

The things that Leno is "famous" for as far as "comedy" bits are concerned is Jaywalking and Headlines, neither of which involve him being funny.

They're about pointing out simple typos in newspapers and interviewing people with are f***ing morons (some of whom I'm sure are faking it just to get on TV) f***ing ANYONE could do that. Those bits arent dependent on Jay Leno being at all humorous...

Jeff Dunham and Jay Leno...Oh how the cotton hairs love 'em...