Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. HA! Joe Alexander.. I remember I was a huge fan of his. Raw as s***, but hes got good potential. A crazy athlete (in other words.. white boy got hops) but a project. (sounds familiar I know, but at least his B-Ball I.Q. is much better, not to mention coachable comming out. Typical Paxton move actually at least going for potential) Not a bad chance for him to audition maybe. Worst case, you let him walk anyways (don't think he will "figure it out" really). I'll stomach Warrick here I guess... (nothing against his game, per say, I just hate the guy) I would prefer the 1st deal since both players are younger, but I can care less either way especially since who knows how Noah will be and Taj and we need some bigger bodies too.
  2. Got a hit off Cesar Carillo (SD pitcher who was just sick back then... I think I was like 0-20 before that hit though he was like 2 years older too) I believe I was 10 or 11 (though my team lost the W.S. a year later and we were the heavy favorites ) but I won the W.S. at age 13/14 couple years years later as the leadoff/2 hole hitter. Best feeling of my young life at the time (still got the shirt and the trophy FYI. Got a couple High School moments too, but thats another day.
  3. QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 10:14 PM) Getting Salmons off the roster is enough for me. ^^^^^^^^ I personally don't care if Tyrus is moved or not, he is basically an expired anyway for the Bulls, and if they sign a big time FA, the average fan could care less they let him walk for nothing. The Bulls HAVE to trade Hinrich or Deng though.
  4. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 04:29 PM) I'm thinking about running some Sox projections with Damon in the lineup. I think i'll use CHONE this time, becasue James is a bit too optimistic. Don't worry, when Damon is inked, you bet your ass there will be a thread regarding people's views on our NEW lineup.
  5. QUOTE (Tex @ Feb 17, 2010 -> 04:28 PM) Funny how many people that have said f*** Boras, the Sox should never sign a Bopras client, aren't so worried now. Well when your on the verge of signing two of his clients in one off-season, I would some people's opinions have changed alot.
  6. As of today now.. I would say 80-90%..
  7. My goodness. :o :o :o
  8. Hopefully this happens. I would hold off the lineup stuff till after (or if) we sign this guy (I, or someone else, will personally make a lineup thread for us to have fun with) but I'm holding out hope we get Johnny first.
  9. Man Canada and Russia are loaded. Canada didn't even break with an 8-0 win and Russia is leading 4-0 right now. They are the co-favorites for a reason though.
  10. This is going to be an interesting week for sure.
  11. QUOTE (Ranger @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 05:27 PM) Well, you'd likely still have to pay them, which would completely defeat the purpose of getting rid of them so you can create salary room. If no other team wants to pick them up off waivers, then the Sox would end up being responsible for their contracts. You can't just release a player or outright a guy without having to pay him. Again, unless somebody else wants to pick them up. I highly doubt the sox would whine about releasing 500K of Andruw Jones if it comes to that. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 10:59 PM) And somehow I doubt a woman who uses words like "cosmopolitan" to describe ideal living situations drives a truck for a living. Just a guess, but I imagine she's used to being pampered and as a result doesn't exactly jump for joy at the thought of sleeping in a cardboard box somewhere in West Baghdad. Well just by looking at her... I'd pamper her myself.. She can continue the "hot wives club" we usually get every year with sox players (Lisa Dergan-Podsednik, Jaime Kotsay, Michelle Damon hopefully) And I would say 40% as well.
  12. Jeremy Reed.. :wub: Oh.. nevermind.. 5 years. WILLIE HARRIS, Sweeney, B-Mac, Swisher, or Chris Carter.
  13. I gotta say.. reading what I missed theres some gems in this thread.. Some of you posters crack me up.. "I believe", "I heard" this and that about Damon and A.J... Yes you did... I just said the same damn thing what came out of A.J.'s mouth on CTL 28 pages ago in this same thread! Oy.....
  14. Wang will thrive much better in the NL (esp. in that park) than he would in the AL. (esp. in new Yankee Stadium) Nice low risk, potential high reward for Nats.
  15. Down to 160 on the nose right now. Feel stronger than I was a month ago for sure (couldn't even do 1 set of 20 man pushups a month ago.) Now I'm doing 2 sets of 40. I got all year, so I'll probably be in the hundreds come summer time. I gotta do somethin with these stretch marks though..
  16. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 16, 2010 -> 12:13 AM) RicBucher Source says Clippers have dealt Marcus Camby for Travis Outlaw and Steve Blake. Details and deeper confirmation to follow on the mothership. Wow.. Great trade for Portland.
  17. QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 09:50 PM) I'm not saying VDN is a good coach, but Mike Brown isn't exactly a great coach or anything. He gets away with a lot just because he's got LeBron. Your correct, but he is still miles better than VDN. Sucks to hear about Karl, but I would love to see us land Byron Scott. (job he did with CP3 from his rookie year on, was amazing and even CP3 credited Scott) I still feel Derrick has lost some development from the VDN regime, especially playing in a half court set.
  18. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 07:32 PM) It sounds pretty dumb to fire DePaul if he really was involved in getting good players to the Bears. He was the one who also advised Pace, Omiyale, Shaffer, Manning Jr. etc.. Like any personel guy, he did have his faults.
  19. SoxAce replied to greasywheels121's topic in SLaM
    f*** qwerty.
  20. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 02:19 PM) A general question I was thinking about Re: Damon. Hypothetically let's assume the Sox sign him. That makes our bench/DH rotation Vizquel, Kotsay, Jones, Damon, and Castro, if they go with 12 pitchers. (12 pitchers, 8 everyday players, 5 man bench/DH rotation). Are people comfortable with a 44 year old Omar Vizquel being our only backup IF for 3 separate positions? At least to my eyes, we're pretty much required to carry either CJ or Nix just so we have 2 backups to cover the IF. That limits us to an 11 man pitching staff, and I'm not sure the org would be thrilled about that. Anyway, you don't avoid signing Damon because of that, but I'd say it ought to be something they think about beforehand. I would think they would have Vizquel manning 3B and SS and Nix to handle 2B (though I know a bench player only playing one position isn't ideal, but that's the only one he's good at defensively though I'm sure Ozzie will have him play some SS [maybe corner OF] and Vizquel some 2B) and you have Kotsay play 1B and the OF (preferably corners) and Andruw (if he makes the team) to play all the OF spots and of course Castro is the backup. Though Ozzie likes carrying 12 pitchers even though the rotation is really good, so I would say Andruw or Nix could be gone in ST IF we sign Damon. I don't think they have a problem with Vizquel (dude still looks like he hasn't aged one bit) backing up 3 IF positions especially considering he won't be playing every week and the whole rotate DH thing to give a guy (or two just for rest) a day off from the field. This also means KW could make a move trading Nix before the season starts to get a more versatile backup IF for Ozzie.
  21. Indeed. I'll be watching.
  22. All-Star game was alot more competitive than in recent years, though there wasn't as many "spectacular" plays/dunks as well. Nice to see Derrick have a strong game, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one drooling seeing him assist Bosh and Wade.. :wub:
  23. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 15, 2010 -> 01:04 AM) I grew up in the late 70's and 80's, and many of those players had Chris Berman/ESPN nicknames. Theres your first mistake....
  24. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 09:45 PM) I voted for the 2nd option, though I think "satisfied" is a bad choice of wording. I'd say I'm content with what we've got, but craving more. We can succeed with this roster, but we can also improve. Very well said Slav. I gotta say I hope our rotation and bullpen can hold down 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 games at the moment. Not that Damon would drastically improve our overall offense, but he would certainly help it. Hopefully Teahan, Rios, and Alexei have big years, Pierre gets a serviceable OBP etc..

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.