Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 02:24 PM) Warner officially retires. Think he's a HOFer? Matt Leinart finally gets his shot!!!.... er.... nevermind.
  2. QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 29, 2010 -> 02:06 PM) Yuniesky sounds super Russian; is that dude from Cuba? Yes and he's probably the most talented cuban of them all. That guy is really special and I hope someday he defects.
  3. Well they are average at their positions. (though Beckham will be/should be very good changing positions to 2B) I wanna see Alexei make that next step though, as he still has some upside left.
  4. QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 09:58 PM) White Palace Grill on Canal and Roosevelt and Lawrence's Fish Market were first choice. Harold's Chicken or Rosie's Gyros worked as well. Fox's thin crust was not me favorite but it's right up there, and the one on Western used to be open late enough for a drunk pizza. Oh hell yes. Great taste you have sir.
  5. SoxAce replied to Linnwood's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 05:20 PM) Weaker bullpen? I have to wonder about the bullpen myself as well depending on Putz' health and Pena pitching to his potential (though I like his arm) not to mention second half Linebrink. And of course theres Randy Williams..... Thornton and even Bobby will be fine. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 07:54 PM) There is no way the division is won with 82 games. Agreed. But ya.. this division is that bad.
  6. Very exciting game to watch. Troy Brouwer bringing his AHL game to the NHL.
  7. SoxAce replied to Marky Mark's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 04:10 PM) Thank you. You'd think that "he's only a dog", but everyone at home including me has been broken up about it for two days now. Poor innocent thing died and he never knew what happened. He was older but died from injuries resulting from falling down the basement stairs. Damn I'm sorry to hear that Jeremy. As a fellow dog (animal) lover myself, it kills me to see any dog (or animal) die, especially if it wasn't natural causes. My little guys are definitely part of my family no doubt. RIP to the little guy.
  8. QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 28, 2010 -> 12:57 PM) Little bit of a spoiler
  9. QUOTE (Sox72 @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 10:45 PM) ??? Because they don't want to risk losing their site due to copyright laws??? I'm confused. He was giving good and valid advice that should probably be followed. I see you didn't read the second sentence. Though I meant to say "and I don't mean the copyright bulls***" so that's my fault for the mishap. And I know what Rooney is saying, though it's happened sooo much over the years here and we are still here. If anything, we should have been removed since 2006 on alot of crap we've done/pulled (not just this subject). But I'll stay out of this one. Just don't want the internet police on my case. (or anyone changing what has made ST what it is) QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 06:18 PM) The legend of the internet attorney tracking down mischievous users posting content is just that, a legend. It has never happened in the past years on this website, and never will. It's no different than someone copying pages from a book, or pasting a copyrighted image. Let's just say it would be known FAR before it reached Soxtalk that ESPN is tracking down those who post their content. You'd see several stories coming up from more well known blogs, message boards where content is posted. Well, I noticed you caved. That's fine. You can still basically summarize everything he says without putting it word for word. Great post.
  10. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 10:27 PM) Best west coast road trip since the Jordan era? I think I heard CSN say since 2006, but wasn't sure.
  11. QUOTE (Ranger @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 08:31 PM) WSI, for example, routinely removes copyrighted text because of it. There's a reason why they are WSI and we are soxtalk. And I don't just mean the copyright bulls***.
  12. He's the guy I'm most excited about and like I said before.. has the most potential of any player currently in our system. I'm talking superstar potential if he puts every damn thing together.
  13. Bulls are on a nice roll. 4 game win streak ON THE ROAD?! (not to mention against over .500 teams) Very nice. 22-22 now.
  14. QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 03:15 PM) Crasnick said Boras is also trying to engage the Reds. Reds are also looking into Jermaine Dye (flashback.. Dye for Bailey.. ) right now as well who might be even cheaper at this point.
  15. If the Bulls lose tonight, we'll know why.
  16. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 02:05 AM) uh-oh f***ing Cannucks. Link to Story: http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...-road-trip.html From what I heard, the photos were seriously photoshopped. But if the team is contacting the site, then maybe not all of them were...
  17. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 10:53 PM) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqXRtchhDsk I love you man.
  18. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 04:02 PM) Who are you, Yogi Berra now? :lolhitting
  19. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 12:19 PM) This OC job is the equivalent of Sofia Vergara wearing nothing but Heels and Honey. Though not nearly as attractive.. :wub:
  20. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 08:27 AM) Seriously, is there a cooler player in the NBA than Joakim Noah? I struggle to find someone out there who you can tell loves the game as much as he does and loves to win as much as he does. I don't think we give the organization enough credit for this draft pick. He is playing through a lot of pain, and this quote makes me giddy. ''When you get caught up in the game, you start forgetting about it,'' Noah said of the pain. ''It was pretty painful. It just feels good right now because we beat three solid teams in a row." He doesn't care about personal stats which is why I respect him more. That is why I take jabs at Luol Deng a few times when Joakim had a quote after a game. Something like "He (Deng) was mad at me cause I stole a rebound away from him. But I don't care about statistics and all that stuff, I play to win."
  21. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 03:28 PM) The rest of us should just take what they say as canon. Which is what I'm doing to your post in this thread badge. Luuuuv youuuuuu.
  22. QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 01:59 PM) Beastly and CubsSuck1 spoke well of them, too. Which makes it all the more strange that someone can have this alternative personality on the internet. I'm sure if his career is anywhere near the intensity of his rants he is living successfully somewhere. Never had a problem with him when he was here. In fact.. at times we used to agree on alot of subjects. Dunno if it's age (the whole caps wearing backwards, get off my lawn approach he's doing is sad) or just anger, but he's changed from his style of posting over the years.
  23. QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 02:36 AM) I wouldn't be so quick to put a fork in Andruw Jones. Power can come from more sources this season than last, esp if Q and Rios rebound. It'll be interesting to see how he does. As Gonzo said on CTL, Sox feel he's got something left in the tank. Texas thinks he is flat out done. We'll see who is right this comming season.
  24. Keep reading past replies on other soxnet threads.. It's even better.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.