SoxAce
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by SoxAce
-
"Chicago Things" you don't like/do
QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 04:00 PM) I don't like Deep Dish, I prefer the thinner crust. I prefer regular softball to 16", it's like playing baseball with a basketball. I like ketchup on my hot dogs, now, and when I lived there I liked it. I have to agree with all this also. Not to mention I talk my Chicago slang (of course "Joe" which means "Yo" is notorious here) not to mention the word Chi-Cah-Go I also say, not to mention you know what was invented here (you know what "Bin Laden" means here for my pot heads. not to mention the "dip spots") I guess I like to say "not to mention" alot in this post too.
-
Soxfest 2010
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 10:00 PM) I got KW mad at Soxfest today! I asked about the failure of Sox draft picks and if there has been a shift in draft philosophy. He was quite terse. Someone in the org (cause I know some lurk here) should tell KW that if your getting a question from a soxtalk poster (well... most ST posters), you better be damn prepared for it.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Jesus it's nice to watch Rose play night in and night out. What a game he had (Deng, Noah, etc.. were solid too). And even though I hate Kirk Hinrich, I gotta admit he was very good defensively against Nash tonight. Total team win, though I have to imagine they will be tired tomorrow against Houston. Rose played what 43 minutes?
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 08:17 AM) Calgary is a team I love to beat, they are f***ing assholes. Canucks (esp. their fans) are much, much worse.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 11:00 AM) They're sending Brian Stokes to the Angels, who, outside from one bad year, is a decent reliever. Even if he were free, GMJ has no value, so I don't get this trade. I didn't get why the Mets traded Stokes... then I saw the Angels are paying a s***load of money in the deal... It's worth it.
-
The Jim Thome Saga Ends
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 12:07 AM) I know this must disappoint you, but I agree with everything you say here. You've been in agree mode today it seems. Your suppose to be the Ying to my Yang.
-
The Jim Thome Saga Ends
I gotta say if this is the way we are going, I don't wanna see one Greg Walker thread this year about our lack of offense/scoring runs. I mean seriously, it's bad enough I'm trying to stomach a guy whose highest OBP in four seasons was .331, prior to last season, leading off for us and now the whole rotating DH thing possibility. Walker doesn't have much to work with especially with with the lack of OBP (only Quentin, Beckham, Konerko are pretty much solid locks) guys in our lineup. We are pretty much hoping Pierre can hit like he did last season, Teahan to find that once solid "moneyball" discipline, and Rios to either have a career year, or hit like he did in 2007 (A.J. will not give you a high OBP, though he's important to the team/staff) It seems Ozzie is actually having more of a say in personnel decisions than usual. Though Ozzie did say him and KW are gonna sit down tomorrow to discuss it further on CTL today, so I'll hold my tongue till pitchers and catchers report.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 11:05 PM) Wow, what homers. Kiprusoff got the 1st star. To be fair, the Hawks scored 6 and 7 goals the last two times vs the Flames (I know they werent all against Kip though). I gotta admit though. Kipper kept that game from getting out of hand by himself. Madden should of had a hat trick.
-
All White Basketball League to Form
QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 04:27 PM) Some of this has to do with the home mentality as well. I'm black & I speak proper, but I never thought of it as "talking like white people" until I heard someone refer it to as such. QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 06:15 PM) Ha... I just joined a Facebook group today called I'm Black And I Speak Proper English. Stop Saying I'm "Trying To Act White" You both sicken me.
-
The Jim Thome Saga Ends
Looks like the rotating DH is looking more and more definite by the day.. http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/...e-in-plans.html http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2010/01...eve_of_sox.html
-
2009 Soxtalk Awards Nomination Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 04:23 AM) Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time for change. Vote SoxFan1 in 2010. Or has that whole thing lost it's juice already? Gregory Pratt would disagree!
-
Celebrity Crush
QUOTE (NIUSox @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 02:22 AM) <!--quoteo(post=2073642:date=Jan 21, 2010 -> 12:55 AM:name=MHizzle85)-->QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 21, 2010 -> 12:55 AM) <!--quotec-->I'd give J-Wow the business. Now, with that being said I wouldn't be caught holding hands with her in public. Just remember that's a 15 yard penalty Now thats hilarious. I love how the players numbers are 99 and 69 also.
-
Gordon Beckham, from Third to Second
If there's one guy who many of us will enjoy watching play the game this season (and many years to come), it's the 23 year old Gordon Beckham.
-
Celebrity Crush
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 10:04 PM) I think people are trying to choose girls that arent so obvious. Uh.. that ended like 45 pages ago. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 11:30 PM) Thats because she's one of the hottest women on the planet. What I can't believe is that no one has said a name from Jersey Shore yet... DBAH0 said Snookie sarcastically.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Derrick Rose vs Baron Davis. It's been fun as hell to watch those two go at it. Davis is a talker, and he's even got Rose talking trash on the court going one on one.
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
Sox have signed alot of younger minor leaguers this year at different levels.
-
7-11 Sponsorship Ends
Now that is f***ed up.
-
Fun Game: DRAW and DISCARD
Grady Sizemore for Juan Pierre. There I solved our leadoff problem with a bunch of other problems with a stud (though Grady can bat 3rd in my lineup anyday). I would do Hanley for ADD Alexei as well. In fact.. that might make the most sense. I'll also give some love for Matt Weiters for A.J. or Nick Markakis for Pierre (Q back to LF)
-
2010 Cubs Thread
Don't know why it's such a big deal. Hendry will do what he usually does to an overrated prospect in his system. Fall in love with him, and hold onto him for way too long.
-
NBA Slam Dunk Idea
That for sure would draw a ton of interest.
-
Crypt's 2010 3b Rankings
No Joe Crede?
-
All White Basketball League to Form
- Workout Tips & Tricks
QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 11:20 AM) Well I'm around 6 feet tall 145-148 lbs. so I'm definitely trying to gain muscle/weight. Man.. I'm only 5'8 but I weigh 180.. Though now I'm down to 170 since working out. Still got a long way to go though. Good thing Reddy, Mike and a couple others are here. I feel at home with my shortness with them.- The DH Quandry
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 06:25 AM) now you are a liar too No.. I'm not. Pure fact my friend.- Buehrle has had shoulder problems
QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 11:58 PM) Isn't Buehrle taking part in a shoulder strengthening program this offseason for the first time? I thought I remember reading an article about him going to some camp that other players have had success with after attending. Yes he is. Coop addressed that as well on CTL. Said he's looking real good. - Workout Tips & Tricks