Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Very solid move. Kotchman won't hit for power, but he is a good hitter for average, he will not strike out much (probably BB more than K) and he is a gold glover with very good range at 1B. Still only going to be 27 this season and can get back on track with consistent playing time. Mariners have had a very good offseason.
  2. QUOTE (T R U @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 04:03 AM) And I don't know whats goin on in playstation world, but last I heard they didn't have party functions on their system and stuff like that.. maybe it does now, but either way xbox is still better.. No.. I'll take ps3. Now I'll say I don't own one yet, but I loved ps2 over xbox back then. If what I've heard from my friends personally, Steve, etc.. on ST, then it won't be any different. I've always been a bigger playstation fan though.
  3. QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 09:30 AM) Cust struck out 197 times in 08 and 185 times in 09. Strike outs are rally killers. No thank you. No. I consider a double play a huge rally killer than a strike out that only counts as one out. Paul Konerko as been one of the biggest rally killers in the last 50 years according to an article qwerty brought up to me, but he will be our 1B and he will GIDP/SO/PO/etc... (and he can get clutch hits at times as well [05' W.S. reminds us of that]) I like Cust, but I keep telling people if you hate Nick Swisher, you will hate Jack Cust as a player and I was a big fan of Swisher's game. I know Jason hates Cust and Swisher. To each his own.
  4. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 12:36 PM) Which makes sense. TE coach failed to develop Davis/Olsen. WR coach did his job. Oline coach, uggh. And Pep didn't fit well with Jay Bears need to bring in a high profile QB coach and a high profile OC. My first choice would be Weiss. Yes, I would take Weiss over Martz. I would do as most would. Weis is more of what Lovie wants and more of a guy who will pass and run the football. Martz hates running the football and is more of a gun slinger coordinator (same type of QB Cutler is) so Weis probably makes the most sense followed by a Martz and Bates. Then again.. there are other candidates out there that we don't know yet.
  5. Neal Cotts a Pirate. Probably won't pitch till 2011 though.
  6. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 11:23 PM) I liked TNA more tonight in terms of overall show. If it wasn't for Bret, I honestly would've watched the Bulls game over the WWE. Well I was flipping back and forth between the three myself. Caught most of the Bulls game till the 4th quarter. Caught alittle of Raw (mostly the Hart/HBK/Vince counters) and alittle of TNA. (mostly the Angle/Styles bout) Overall, Raw was better (Hart alone wins) I'll say 7 and TNA... 5. For a guy who had a stroke and was on alot of drugs (painkillers) Hitman looked better than I thought he would look personally, though he does look alot older (or actually... more his age than before when he used to look alot younger than his age) I still remember when he was the face of the WWF. (the anti-steroid champion who was promoted during that era) God I miss 90's wrestling.
  7. Ah f*** you Vince for kicking him in the nuts/guts. Still cool as hell to see Hitman though.
  8. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 09:50 PM) Wouldn't surprise me if they bring in Zorn as a QB coach, and Martz, not because he's Lovie's friend, but he would be able to fully utilize the Bears' offense strengths which is speed. Also, I could see Rod Marinelli becoming the new defensive coordinator tomorrow or someone other than Lovie, but who still runs the cover 2. I would support that actually. Martz is a very good coach and a proven winner. Just tired of seeing the Bob Babichs of the world get jobs when they suck. I mean some of these issues they have is obvious which is what Turner was lacking (especially with Garret Wolfe) Guys like a 6'7 Kellen Davis would have been ideal to use for Cutler in the red zone, Hester could have been used better (I know Slav likes him as a Wes Welker type of role in the slot) etc.. etc..
  9. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 09:45 PM) BTW, this AJ and Angle match is great. I gotta agree with this. Though I must say, I hope they get rid of the whole 6 sided ring thing they got going on.
  10. Bears will announce their coaching changes tomorrow. I'm almost banking Lovie will be back. It'll be interesting to see if Turner will also. I doubt Pep Hamilton will be back. I just hope IF Lovie is back, he stops with the whole hire your buddies bullcrap.
  11. QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 08:02 PM) Havent watched the WWE/WWF since 2000 but I got to tune in for The Hitman! My god it's good to see Hitman again.
  12. SoxAce replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 05:05 PM) ANd Shawn Johnson is a cute girl, but she will look like she is 10 for the rest of her life and that is dirty. Her face looks like a chipmunk, but I gotta say she is very thick from the ass down which I love about her. Great body. I like short girls like her in real life. (the kind you can "throw around" if you know what I mean.. ) As far as gymast go though.. I prefer Alicia Sacramone aka Brady Quinn's girlfirend...
  13. SoxAce replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    Well she isn't as famous as her father, but she is still known... Ivanka Trump.
  14. QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 11:49 PM) According to the Comcast post game show, the hot dog vendors little sidekick Jiggets thinks that we should bring back Turner because it was the QB and not the play calling that cost the season. Turner did a bang up job according to Jiggets. The defense and everything has been fine. Its only the QBs fault. If we only had a Kyle Orton according to the hot dog vendor and his sidekick we would be on the way to the playoffs. Jim Miller of course thinks that bringing back Turner is a wonderful idea and if anything only Pep Hamilton should be gone. Everything should be the same as this year. Just add a safety and poof fixed. Jiggs used to be a very good analyst. I can't blame his I.Q. dropping working with Mike North most of the time.
  15. SoxAce replied to Brian's topic in SLaM
    When gas was cheap as hell in Indiana when Chicago's went up.
  16. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 01:48 PM) I'm pretty sure I've caught a glimpse of her when flipping by an episode of Impact, but I don't remember her being that amazingly attractive. I'm a bigger Madison Rayne fan myself, but I can't complain.
  17. I'll say a big congrats to Gavin, have fun on the honeymoon Gavin.... Poor Gavin, and you are screwed Gavin.
  18. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 09:48 PM) Bulls haven't yet lost since TT came back. They are now 6-2 with him, and 7-15 without him. Though today, this was more or less a team win.. (or pretty much Derrick Rose dropping 30-6-7 on them and Dwight Howard not doing much. )
  19. SoxAce replied to witesoxfan's topic in SLaM
    Me and my friends might be "youtube famous" in the next 48-72 hours, unless the guy who has the tapes is bluffing.. :ph34r: I believe he is though. Doesn't bother me as much as it would several others on that video. Man what a crazy f***ing night for new years eve/new years day.
  20. QUOTE (qwerty @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 12:52 AM) A couple of my friends came over in the last 40 minutes, and have fed me 8 shots of new amsterdam gin, chill. Daymn son.. getting new years eve off to the right foot eh? Naw I posted that in mere minutes from shack. My bad. Glad to know the choice though.
  21. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 12:32 AM) Who is your preference, Q? The suspense is killing me as well A.J. Fess up you pansy.
  22. Don't remember when Beckham won the R.O.Y. award, yet alone playing in the N.L. but that was a nice video. Beck has some nice tricks over there, teaching the youngsters.
  23. SoxAce replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 04:56 PM) I have a crush on: *Tiffany "New York" Pollard from "I Love New York", I think she's freaking hot! *Jennifer Hudson *Eva Mendes *Serena Williams *Kelly Starr (porn star) *Jada Fire (porn star) *Vanessa Blue (porn star) *Jessica Alba *Michelle Rodriguez *Bahar Soomkeh *Kellee Stewart (I think she's HOT) UGH!! You and my best friend are the only two people in the world that I know of, who have crushes on New York. I would take damn near every other contestant on that show over her. (cept girls like Pumpkin.. yuck) You won't be alone with the porn stars.. though I'll keep those to myself unless people start naming girls. Good call on Hudson though. Eva Mendes.. the things I would do to her.. Looks like I might be buying lotion tonight..
  24. SoxAce replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 08:56 AM) I miss the fun Kalapse that's posting in this thread. PS, I still like Serena Williams. I'm right there with ya bud. Nice rack, ginormous ass, I'd definitely give her my whole 2 minutes... Embarrassing crushes: Serena Williams, Topenga, Rachel Ray, Sarah Silverman, Sue Bird, Alex Mack, Jeanette Lee, Misty May, etc.. etc.. Good crushes: Shakira, Jessica Biel, Alicia Keys, Eliza Dushku, Kristen Kruek, Naomie Harris, Stacey Dash, Brenda Song (mmmm.. ) Nikki Cox etc.. etc.. QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 03:05 PM) ^^^^^^^^^^ My biggest celebrity crush atm. Isn't she (Taylor) like 6'0-6'1 though? Not saying I wouldn't mind climbing that mountain of course. I more or less like shorter women, unless they are stacked. Swift is a cutie though.
  25. SoxAce replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 03:15 AM) Ace I saw you browsing at this thread, so I thought it may be bumpworthy. God damn you Andy. I saw a guest browsing it, and it was during 2005, which was the year (most of 06 as well) I was never on ST. (aka the W.S. year. ) I gotta say I'm surprised how this thread changed from what was it's original origins. Didn't finish reading the entire thing, but some guys (slavko/soxfan1, kalapse, mike/wharris1, jeremy/knightni etc.. just to name a few) have great taste in women IMO.. some others... not so much.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.