Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 12:54 AM) If Cabrera can be "fixed", he'd be a better option over Williams as a bullpen lefty. Daniel is right handed.
  2. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 10:17 PM) That doesn't matter to me. I'd put our rotation easily over anybody in our division. That's all that matters until October. Pretty much sums it up. Though I gotta say as our offense stands right now (especially with the lack of OBP) we might be in alot of 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 etc.. type games this season. QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 10:25 PM) Does anyone know if this blister thing Danks has can be something that might be totally healed and gone after the offseason is over? Or might this be a re-occuring problem? I believe that was taken care of (tobacco gum or something had alot to do with it) I was actually more worried about Floyd's hip alot more as he's had that same problem flare up for two years now. Glad he is okay from the rest though.
  3. QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 10:19 PM) finding a slut that will keep her mouth shut is pointless.... Had Woods' wife never found his cell phone, we wouldn't even be talking about Tiger. (not to mention he would still be banging whomever white girl he finds ) I gotta say this.... J.J. Redick?!?! Really?
  4. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 09:05 PM) It sure looks a lot easier without Garnett and Davis, and a whole helping of Scalabrini... You mean KG and Sheed (Davis had a good game) but I don't care who the Celtics miss, KG is by far the worst guy they can afford to lose. Though that in my mind loves Atlanta more cause they beat them three times WITH all of their players in the lineup. I hope Rose or/and Noah can break the long drought of Bulls w/o an all-star. I heard Iverson will pull out if/when he is voted in, so that's good news for Rose. I hope guys like T-Mac, etc.. do the same as they doesn't deserve it at all, and it would be good for the league.
  5. Kane was just good tonight even though he didn't have a point. (could of had 4 assists if Brouwer and Byfuglien would had stuffed chances they had) Very nice win all around.
  6. QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 04:37 PM) The person in the truck approaching from the bottom of the screen was probably just thinking to them self, "Why the hell is this car not tur....OH MY GOD DID THAT BUILDING JUST COLLAPSE?!" The guy on the bike was probably thinking "I can't get jiggy with dis shhet."
  7. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 02:11 PM) Damn, this thread looked a lot more compelling before i opened it. I know... quite the cock tease. Wite was an all-state bowler at one time I believe. Quite the athlete he is. EDIT: Booo, he beat me by a minute.
  8. QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 03:06 PM) I like the idea of Daniel Cabrera being signed to a minor league contract. I like that idea a lot, actually. As do I. Minor league deals never hurt. Coop could find something wrong with him mechanically in ST, and have him work on it (sox have wanted him for years) and could have a good year in AAA, furthering our depth with Garcia/Hudson. I'll be keeping an eye on Daniel alot.
  9. http://soxbronzetitan.wordpress.com/2010/0...daniel-cabrera/ Many knew and figured we would be looking at Cabrera..
  10. QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 08:53 PM) Pirates sign DJ Carrasco. Not a bad deal at all for the Bucos, especially if D.J. pitches as well or better like he did with us.
  11. QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 13, 2010 -> 09:21 AM) Bolland is back skating, its hard to believe, but with this team having so much great success I almost forgot about him. He should be a huge boost. Will Sharp move off of center with Bolland coming back? I know injuries are bound to happen, but there are more forwards than spots when everyone is healthy... I could see them moving sharpie back to wing, and moving brouwer to 4th line, but it seems as if they like having his big body out there when Kane is on the ice. Either way someone gets moved off the rotation when bolland gets back....who's it gonna be? Kopecky? Then when Burish gets back i have no idea what they will do.... Hmmm.... Sharp-Toews-Kane Ladd(Versteeg)-Bolland-Hossa (don't think Q should break up Ladd & Bolly, but who knows) Versteeg(Ladd)-Madden-Brouwer(Byfuglien) Eager-Fraser(Kopecky)-Burish (don't want Byfuglien or Brouwer on the 4th line) This is more or less putting the other guys at their natural positions.
  12. I've said it all along. This is more or less Ozzie and what he wants this year. This offseason just doesn't seem like a usual KW offseason other than the Teahan addition (still loved that addition especially with the lack of XBH we had... I.E. the lowest in the league). Ozzie got Kotsay back, wanted a speedy/slap leadoff hitter (Pierre), etc.. If we don't win in this crappy weak AL Central (especially with our pitching staff) then Ozzie would/should face some serious heat.
  13. I was gonna say 1 mil was more than I thought was needed for Ramon Castro, who Flowers himself can put up the same numbers at league minimum, but I was going to hold that to myself. We better have a DH soon, cause I was liking the idea of Flowers hitting/rotating at DH and backup.
  14. SoxAce replied to Marky Mark's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 12:39 AM) What kind of pup, SA? Family got a toy poodle. (I like bigger dogs personally, but I can't deny the cuteness of the little guy) Other than my mother, I'm the only one who pretty much takes care of them/knows a thing about dogs.
  15. SoxAce replied to Marky Mark's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 11:43 PM) Are you leaving her water bowl out? Excellent point. Also it is good to discipline them (take them to where they pee'd/poop'd at tell them no/bad dog/etc.. and hit them, doesn't have to be super hard, but they know you mean buisness) so they will think twice. Dogs are obviously very smart. I have a 5 month old myself. Yes he still slips up from time to time, but not nearly as much as he used to. When he slips up, he runs right to his dog cage cause he knows he f***ed up.. I also credit my other dog too (older) who shows him the ropes sort of speak. I.E. where to do his business at outside (amazing that I can let him out at 5 months in my backyard with no fences, etc.. and he does his business and heads right back into the house not worrying about him running away, pooping/peeing in the neighbors yard) not to walk in the living room, etc.. QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 12:36 AM) No, no treats. We trained her so that she knew that she could not go outside without ringing the bell. When we let her out, she pees within 10 sec and is ready to come back in. She seems like she must be really having to pee, I hope holding back her water outside of meals will help. What I also like to do is stay out there with my dog just to be on the safe side. My dog also did the 10 sec. thing, but I stayed out there with him, kinda ran around with him a bit to get more out of his system (luckally there was no snow during the time ) But ya, my other dog does help alot with that regard as well. Same with taking a dump. I never trained with a bell as I pretty much knew how the little guy operates (pees every 2 hours cept when he eats... thats when he pees every hour) so I try to keep him on that kind of schedule just to be on the safe side (though now he can hold it for alittle longer than 2 hours.. it's more or less the dog learning to hold it/bladder)
  16. QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 10:12 PM) Wow, absolutely terrible show. That ending with Tyson and DX was really, really weak. QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 09:26 PM) I'm guessing Tyson is working with DX and will mke Jericho lose. Called it right on the money.
  17. Bulls beat the living crap out of Detroit today. Beating the crap out of Detroit in any sport never gets old in my mind.
  18. QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 04:04 PM) Pants is right. That's Marlo Thomas. Alright then. Quick edit time.
  19. QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 03:53 PM) Was that Rosemary DeCamp or "That Girl" I could swear that was Marlo Thomas. I believe it was her (I think she was the daughter though she could have been the mom), but my movie memory is shot. Here is a pic of her just to be on the safe side..
  20. It's an interesting debate on that. You have guys like Perry, Wilhelm, etc.. who have doctored up the ball, etc.. but put up the numbers, and guys like Rose, Shoeless Jackson who aren't in cause of gambling. The Hall of Fame does have it's flaws in those extents, not to mention the whole steriods era which of course really does help hitters performance. Even if Mark never took any substance to me, he is still not a hall of famer. His numbers besides his homeruns does not scream H.O.F. (then again.. alot of guys who I thought would never get in, have been getting in) whereas take away Bonds 2001-2007 numbers.. he is still a hall of famer and I would still vote for him.
  21. Not as old as some people here, but I do remember some old movies.. Jo Morrow Marie Ockelman Marlo Thomas (middle) Joan Leslie
  22. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 03:05 PM) If all it took for Gonzalez was Hudson, Flowers, and D2 then that should have been done on Day 1 of the offseason. I don't buy that though, at all. That's paying dimes on the dollar and Hoyer is going to want a make a splash with an Adrian deal. I do actually. And KW and the front office probably sees Hudson alot differently (and alot higher) than some of us. Though of course it could also mean they are still trying to hype him up. I definitely trust the source (docsox) in those categories. I would think there might be another piece or two possibly, but it isn't that unrealistic. More than likely though.. they might look into it next year or possibly at this years trade deadline. And yes.. I'm a big Tyler Flowers fan and I hope he steps in and gets a ton of at bats this season to replace A.J. next season.
  23. QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 02:56 PM) I figured. Part of me didn't want to believe it, but most of me was waiting for an admittance. Good. I still couldn't believe you defended him Jeremy.
  24. SoxAce replied to Jenksismyhero's topic in SLaM
    For a man who lives in Steger now (Crete right here basically) I love it here, but would love to live here when I'm 30.. not as young as myself. But it is really peaceful here.
  25. SoxAce replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 12:25 AM) Saw Daybreakers. It was ok. Not too much was special about it, and the ending worked out a little too neatly. Saw it today. I liked it, even though a couple scenes were really "meh" for me.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.