Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Freddy Garcia's Interesting talent
I'm just glad we have the depth. I'm honestly comfortable with him or Hudson heading into ST and to the season. It's good to know the rotation is the last thing we all have to worry about (man.. how long has it been since we said that about our 1-5?) or the last thing that is questioning this team. (Danks [circulatory/blister in finger] and Floyd [hip], injury wise were answered this fall/winter thankfully)
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 10:24 PM) I'd love to add McGrady. He's always been a favorite of mine, and on top of it, we'd be getting a GIGANTIC amount of cap space for the summer. Ditto. Used to be one of my favorite NBA players (Him and Jason Kidd... still have his jersey's from Toronto and Orlando, and promised myself I wouldn't buy another one when he went to Houston ) I don't know if he has anything left from all the leg issues, but I would love to see him play here even if he doesn't play much... as well as the huge cap space. (Deng, Hinrich, Miller, etc.. I'll gladly drive you all to the airport)
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 10:33 PM) Keith looked like s*** as well. Dallas just gives them fits. I pray that we don't have to face them in the playoffs. Dallas and Detroit (when healthy) are very dangerous matchups for the Hawks. So far though.. both are out of it as of now.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
Dallas is one of those teams who have the Hawks number. I believe they have beaten us twice in both meetings.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 03:43 PM) I hate casinos. Not a fan either.. then again.. I got no one to blame than myself. I always win money, but then I get too cocky and keep gambling that same night... that is when trouble starts.
-
Who are you pulling for as the DH?
Thome. If we stick with the rotating DH.. Tyler Flowers. I love the young guys getting shots so... Hopefully he rakes.
-
Reverse Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Bears win...Cutler has time in pocket... makes sense for 2010.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 11:04 PM) Did Jared Allen play tonight? F*cking redneck Chris Williams had a hellova game against him. Good to see moving forward as I want a young OL next season and he's the only guy I can see comming back as he is still learning.
-
Revisiting the Quentin Deal
As League pointed out, Quentin was better in the minors .314/.429/.527/956 than Carter was .290/.383/.542/925 but they both hit much differently. (Q obviously more of an OBP guy.. Carter will probably have the higher slugging %) Q's value as an OF outweighs Carter's value as a 1B as well.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
I still can't believe they still talk before the playoffs. The Patriots obviously tied their record in the regular season, not to mention had more wins overall than them, and of course lost in the super bowl so they didn't go "perfect" as far as the entire season. (inc. playoffs) News to Mercury, Walsh, etc.. If your gonna talk, do it in the playoffs if a team goes 16-0 since one team already did that.
-
Week 16 Lineup Help
QUOTE (The Beast @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 10:58 PM) Time to celebrate in front of the Bears bench tomorrow - I got tickets yesterday and am prepared to make a scene directed at Ron Turner, the offensive line and Jerry Angelo. Haha very nice... If you can somehow squeeze Pep Hamilton in there (Bears QB coach.. never developed a QB at all in his tenure) that would be awesome.
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 11:14 PM) So I've got a PS3 and barely play games on it. It seems like I buy a game, play it for a couple weeks and then abandon it. Buy another one, same thing. It's like I've lost interest in playing games yet still like them... it's weird and hard to explain. This ever happen to anyone? QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 11:24 PM) Yep, I'm constantly trading in games. I gotta say you both would/will make terrible boyfriends/husbands in the present/future.
-
Post Like the Person Above You Game
QUOTE (JPN366 @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 09:39 PM) Ribbie and Shack did a better job. Smoak>Beckham. The White Sox needed to draft a buzzworthy offensive prospect that could breeze through the minors like a Jay Bruce or a Ryan Braun. Not some douchey infielder named Gordon.
-
The Alex Rios Mystery
QUOTE (Ranger @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 04:25 PM) Absolutely. Of the multitude of issues they had last year, outfield defense is pretty low on the list in regard to things that hurt them the most. Fewest hits in the league, Fewest extra base hits, one of the worst in OPS and runs scored, unearned runs, errors (in particular on the left side of the infield), 4th and 5th starters...those are the biggest reasons things went the way they did. I'm not sure how many mental or physical errors our OF defense cost us those created big innings, but from what I watched all year it was more than just "pretty low" but I will agree about the others, which I said earlier KW did address, especially extra base hits (Beckham, Teahan and Rios will be the catalyst of that) not to mention changing all 3 guys in the OF spots (Q moving to RF, if you don't want to count Rios, then 2) for this upcomming season. (as he probably saw the same thing) But the offense overall was always suspect in Walker's tenure (and no I'm not saying he is the problem) Hell even our W.S. year, our offense overall was pretty much average, but our pitching and defense was what got us to the promise land.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 04:26 PM) Took an hour and a half to get all the snow out of the driveway. I'm about to go out there in 30 minutes myself..
-
3 Australian young men competing for Darwin Award
QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 02:33 PM) The rangers shoudl have said somethgin like "If we find out just who these young men are, we would like to give them another opportunity to remove their genes from the gene pool by giving them a detailed map of all the traps in the area for them to try." DBAH0 has got to be one of them. Seems like his M.O.
-
Per TSN White Sox have #3 rotation in MLB
I love the comments on the bottom of his article.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 09:56 PM) Wow, is Tyrus Thomas that important? Well I wouldn't say THAT important, but he is a huge part of what they do on the defensive end thats for sure. Having another big body really is beneficial to Noah, who seems to take a heavy load of work in the paint guarding the really skilled players, not to mention with Taj usually in foul trouble (also a rookie and the mistakes), JJ never really seeing the floor (though he had a solid game yesterday) Miller... slow and not a defensive guy, etc.. Plus he can give you that 10-20 ppg the Bulls really need, since points at all is really hard to come by with this team. Now.. not saying this means anything, but I love Tyrus of course and I'll throw this out there and end the homerism. Bulls are 4-2 with Thomas, and 7-15 without him.
-
Happy Birthday qwerty and DePloderer!
Happy B-Day to a good friend of mine and one of the best posters on ST in qwerty, even though you suck at life. You better drink a few cold ones A.J. :cheers And a happy b-day to the England native and the best graphic designer on ST.. Mr. DePloderer.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 05:33 PM) I don't understand why people shovel during snow, just wait until its over and do it once. I'm waiting till tomorrow personally. Then again... looking out now.. might have to shovel once tonight, then tomorrow morning. (don't want to shovel snow too heavy)
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
Nice article on Toews and his new condo here in Chicago. Sweet pics of the inside of it.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 01:26 AM) The thing that saved VDN is that none of the players want Bickerstaff to take over, and none of the other assistants would do a better job than what VDN is doing right now. Like it or not, the Bulls are going to have to wait til the off-season to upgrade their coaching position. And they're going to have to make a big splash if they want any chance of attracting a quality FA. Agreed. And honestly if they dropped VDN (I believe there was a report anyways they wanted to wait till January to see where we are) I wouldn't mind seeing Pete Myers (who the players really like) take over. Sad to think he had much more experience than VDN did when he was hired.
-
The Alex Rios Mystery
QUOTE (Ranger @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 01:19 AM) Should I apologize for always having a point? Why would I post if I didn't have one? If I'm wrong about something, I'll admit I'm wrong. On the other hand, if somebody else is wrong, it's ok for me or anyone else here to tell them such. Also, if somebody has an interesting question/answer/post/whatever, I'll respond. And if they weren't quite following what I was getting at or I didn't explain myself clearly enough the first time, I'll clarify. And as you will read if you go back to my post, I don't think UZR should be ignored. But I also don't think people should be married to it, which seems to be a prevailing thought with people like qwerty (who, I believe, had the intent of being a smartass toward me in his last post...if not, I hope he'll accept my apology) People shouldn't look at a player's UZR and then say, "oh, well he's a terrible defender because of this number." That number can be misleading and it isn't proof of anything. It's really a suggestion and doesn't take everything into account. However, I'm thrilled about the new data that will become more available in the near future when defense can be more accurately measured. That is going to change things. The constant contradictions here is cute, but basically what I was saying was in regards to this. This team had a ton of problems not just in one area, but to completely eliminate the OF defense as even people's eyes watching the games all year is completely foolish. That was one of the many problems that team last season had. That is what some posters here wanted to mere merit and they have excellent points and pretty much what KW and company certainally addressed from the additions. I agree 100% with this BTW. There are some things here people can see with eyes instead of the stats. But what I saw added more of with what the sox did was in the OF FYI. Hope you had a good X-Mas Chris.
-
Post Like the Person Above You Game
I'm pretty much in the single name phase like Cher, or Prince. I am this name from here on out just like my lone star state.. but I refuse to change my sig with the star and the old name of "Texsox" on it.
-
The Alex Rios Mystery
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 25, 2009 -> 11:04 PM) No you don't...