Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:35 PM) I think Pierre will bring a winning attitude to this club. I hope Kenny is thinking big for the DH (ie Dunn) if so, this team could be really dangerous if healthy. Give me Dunn or Adrian like I said.. I'll stomach Pierre as the leadoff guy.
  2. I would say a better comparison to Pierre in regards to a leadoff hitter was his old teammate and pretty much a leadoff hitter his whole career.. Luis Castillo and Castillo still walks a bit more but also K's a bit more. I would take Castillo over Pierre anyday.
  3. QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:18 PM) talking about how obvious it was the Lakers were just half-stepping it and it was going to be made obvious in the 4th. Ah gotcha.
  4. QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:24 PM) no,im saying that its not necessary for a leadoff guy to have a high walk total. ill take sizemore as my leadoff guy anyday and he walked 60 times only . even with his .248 avg Sizemore also has a career .367 OBP, not to mention hasn't had been below a .340 OBP since his rookie year, and he (nor Granderson) are really "leadoff" type hitters, cause of their power (or power potential).
  5. If Juan Pierre hits like he did last year overall a FULL course of a season (just give me an average .350 OBP) then I'll be more than happy with him, cause we all know he will hit for average. I guess we can say our overall team K rate will definitely be down this season.
  6. Don't think he went around bragging that to his friends.
  7. A positive I can take from this is I only count 2 guys so far in our lineup who are slow, so we will be a much faster team this year, and less station to station which is what Ozzie wants. Damn near every guy can go from first to third, or second to home.
  8. QUOTE (Ranger @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 09:42 PM) Who cares about strikeouts if he's hitting close to 40 bombs with 100 RBI and an OBP of nearly .400? OPS of .900. If you wouldn't want that, you'd be nuts. No.. stop.. Your making too much sense on this board Chris.
  9. QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 09:27 PM) The Bulls are so predictable. Of course they'd pretend to be in the game and then lose in the 4th Against the Lakers?! Are you kidding?! I thought they'd get blown out by the 2nd/3rd quarter. (ala Boston/Atlanta/Toronto etc..)
  10. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 07:11 PM) Oh, you mean like Alejandro De Aza Which is a shame cause I was gonna pick him as my dark horse to win the LF job and bat leadoff in ST sadly... I think Ozzie would have really liked what he brings. After all this, I'm gonna be glad (and it's gonna be interesting) to see how Quentin handles RF again. And I hope we see a big move (Adrian/Dunn/etc..) for DH instead of the rotating bulls*** Ozzie wants, to help stomach Pierre hitting leadoff. (I pray he hits like he did last year or the Marlin years)
  11. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 04:33 PM) You aren't feelin' him in the right places then. I don't think I want to..
  12. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 04:31 PM) What about his 2009 seems like a fluke to you? Is it his .374/.438/.496/.935 line in his first 147 PA and .273/.326/.337/.663 in his final 278? I wasn't feelin Juan Pierre as much as you are either Kalapse.
  13. QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 04:18 PM) Well, I just pray that Ozzie's not the one making decisions about our personnel. I said this earlier today, but if Pierre's the last impact player we add, this offseason has been an absolute disaster. And even "impact" is a strong word to consider Juan freaking Pierre personally. Man I was liking the idea of Gardner...
  14. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 11:37 AM) I expect Putz to be just fine and I really believe that Tony Pena is going to be an absolute stud this season. Jenks and Linebrink still worry me to death though. Thornton is going to do his thing and I believe Huddy will provide quite a boost to the club. Lots of question marks obviously but if(big if) Jenks can bounce back then I think we'll have a real solid pen, no matter what Liney brings to the table. As do I, maybe not a "stud" per say, but definitely pretty damn good for us. I also wonder if the sox will carry 12 pitchers this season, as it has been speculated they might go 11 because of the stronger rotation. Honestly, I feel this team has as many question marks as last year personally going into the season. (How is Vizquel and Jones gonna do? Is Putz gonna pitch well like his Seattle years? Is Juan Pierre gonna not be worthless? How is Alex Rios gonna do this time around? Will Beckham hit the sophomore slump? Is Freddy gonna pitch well? etc.. etc..)
  15. QUOTE (chunk23 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 03:44 PM) If there's any team that will have to pay an absolute full premium to get Gonzalez, it'd be Boston. Hoyer obviously knows everything about the Boston system and would demand the best. He knows who is all hype and who can cut it. He's not going to bend over for his old team. And if he did, he'd probably be accused of collusion. I don't think they can pull it off without given up Westmoreland, Kelley, and Buchholz as a start. Their farm... is much, much better and I'm not even counting Buchholz.
  16. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 09:56 AM) *claps extremely slowly* I always laugh when I see this. Nicely done Sqwert.
  17. I really think it's going to be Adam Dunn. At least I would love it to be. I think the Pierre deal eliminates the ol' OBP only guys (N. Johnson) so I'm thinking KW will find that big power guy.
  18. Ugh... and we gave up Ely?! (not a great prospect, but still solid) Wow... Carlos Quentin is definitely our RF now. I hope Pierre hits like he did last year. If he does.. we will be ok.
  19. QUOTE (Ranger @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 01:05 AM) Oh no. None of you buttholes will be invited... OUCH!!!! Ban his ass. Wait.. so this means I'm invited since I'm not part of the buttholes right?
  20. Can't believe his wife didn't see this comming even from the hints. Nike - Just do it. Boat named "Privacy" - Been living up to that name. Lives in BMW Mansion - Banged Many Woman. General Motors - .... nuff said Gillete Fusion - The Best a Man Can Get Gatorade - Is it In You? Upper Deck - ... nuff said Owns a Chevy (Accenture Ltd) - Like A Rock Name is "Tiger" "Woods" - I mean c'mon. Should I go on here?
  21. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 12:10 AM) The Celtics are really good at basketball. I think they're clearly the top dog in the east. I won't say "clearly" (2 of their 4 losses were against Atlanta and Orlando) but they are indeed up there as the top team. A part of me though still thinks Atlanta can beat them this year in the playoffs with their athleticism and they always give Boston fits. I wouldn't be shocked either if Orlando can bounce them out. This will be all moot though, when the Lakers beat any of them.
  22. QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 11:12 PM) He had a .337 OBP which is pretty wretched for his current salary level. His slugging was nice --it's true that 2008 was much better than than his awful 2009. Not every hitter with a .800 OPS will have a .350 type OBP for their career(s). This is what separates certain players for debates good or bad in the world. You can have your OBP freaks, but a .810 OPS career guys like an Ichiro or your .820 OPS guys but sucky OBP career guys like a Russell Branyan. It depends what type of hitter he is. Alex Rios was never an OBP guy for his career, but he is a very good XBH/gap to gap guy (solid OPS if his season goes well) which he, Beckham, Teahan will be the catalyst from which we sourly lacked, as we were last in the bigs in XBH last season so it'll be good to have those guys in scoring position which can also reduce the GIDP for certain guys in the lineup. A.J. was never an OBP guy, but certian guys have certain traits/talents they bring to the table. Sometimes.. it's those certain stats that can be overlooked or there's "stats" that you can never tell about a player.
  23. I think people should hold off on the criticism till this is final, especially considering there's many rumors saying Aumont/Drebak/Happ etc.. etc.. is or isn't in the deal.
  24. QUOTE (b-Rye @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 09:35 PM) Ramon Castro to Toronto.... Thanks for calling Buehrle's perfect game Ramon. And good luck to ya.
  25. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 14, 2009 -> 09:41 PM) I'd totally be in favor of this. Adding Upton and Johnson to this team would be awesome. The OBP potential of that top 4 is scary. Agreed. Any idea with Nick Johnson in it is a win in my eyes, and I love me some Upton. Hell even if it was Crawford instead (though like I've said before he is still very overrated) I still wouldn't mind it at all.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.