Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 04:38 PM) Well, I could see how someone who is mixed with any combination of races could be racist against a completely different people-group or may have some amount of self-hatred/racism. It's not impossible. It would have to be really, really something wrong in that persons past. Hell I'm mixed with the world and I make fun of every race as a joke, and my friends make fun of me (and my mixtures) sometimes as a joke, but nothing of hatred and I know some pretty racist bastards who are more or less just people I "know" not befriending. You are right though, it isn't impossible at all, but it's very rare, and really, really weird. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 04:36 PM) Ace, Havent you seen the David Chappelle documentary about the black blind KKK member? Yes I have actaully. Good call.
  2. How can a mixed man be racist anyway? That is just silly.
  3. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 02:32 PM) From moron's twitter: Ugh I am actually shocked that Ozzie said Quentin for RF. If he''s anything like he was in Zona a couple years back and in the minors/college, our OF will be greatly improved defensively with Rios in CF and Q in RF.
  4. Its a pretty safe bet that Bob Howry will never wear a sox uni again, although if I remember correctly, it was Eyre who had more problems with the org though. I could be mixing those two up since it's 4:30ish am here.
  5. QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 03:41 PM) He sure didn't sound very surprised nor very excited. I'm pretty sure he either doesn't know how to ride it, or can't really ride it until he is retired (could be a clause in his contract since that is pretty dangerous, I.E. Rowand) So right now.. that's mostly all for show. But he was feelin the bike though. He LOVED the scoreboard reference and the baseballs on the wheels it seemed.
  6. So what happened Brian?
  7. What a way to show Chris Bosh that we completely suck. Geez if they are gonna show this type of crap to these coveted FA, other than the whole large market, big city ordeal (though the friggin Knicks can say the same crap with that horrid team) than we would be in terrible shape. BTW.. Noah can taken over as the team leader in every way.
  8. It's official with Figgins so update when you can.
  9. QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Dec 4, 2009 -> 08:23 PM) Seen Ozzie is at the Hawks game!! Not to mention sweet goal by Toews! Those (and the hot brunette who shot the puck today after the 2nd intermission) are probably the only good things that came out of that game today. BTW, a friend who was at the game, said when they showed him on the jumbo-tron, Sox fans cheered and of course Cubs fans booed, so Ozzie did what A.J. did and showed off his World Series ring. They showed him again with a Blackhawks sweater later and everyone cheered that time.
  10. QUOTE (daa84 @ Dec 4, 2009 -> 09:25 PM) LeBron acting like a clown.....I hope someone puts him on his ass one of these days. He doesn't deserve to wear 23...Jordan didn't dance and s*** like that on the floor...he had way too much respect for the game. I don't care what anyone says but Lebron is a douche amongst douches I said it earlier in this thread that as a person, the guy is a complete jackass. His ego/immaturity is beyond sickening. He is an amazing player, tremendous talent, but the s*** he does is just foolish. I guess we can say Noah ruined our chances on landing him next season though.
  11. Royals showing interest in Pods.. http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2009/...e-interest.html
  12. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 4, 2009 -> 04:26 PM) He hits more HR's. Great. Alexei is better at every other facet of baseball. He can take a walk as well (improved in BB/KK rate every year) I just don't like comparing a guy who plays 2B and a guy who plays SS.
  13. QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2009 -> 03:51 PM) Rumors all over the place that Umaga has died from a heart attack. Yea... he was taken off life support... and not in the good way.
  14. I believe that was a co-run site that I made my first post on ST here.. Irony. Welcome to ST man. :cheers Interesting read none-the-less.
  15. QUOTE (VAfan @ Dec 4, 2009 -> 11:43 AM) I would agree with this. Delgado could be the power lefty the Sox could really use if he's healthy enough. He'd put down the nonsense of having a rotating DH, which never works. If you sign Delgado, the Sox hitting roster would probably be set, assuming we carry 12 pitchers again. C - AJ 1b -- Konerko 2b -- Beckham SS -- Alexei 3b -- Teahan LF -- Quentin CF -- Rios RF -- DH -- Delgado Bench: Kotsay, Flowers, Vizquel, Nix, Jones With this group, the Sox would be forced to rotate Kotsay/Jones/Nix in RF, or cut Nix and sign a RF. Not the best solution, but probably better than signing a RF and rotating Kotsay/Jones at DH. (BTW -- Ozzie will not DH his back-up catcher.) Jesus... It's bad enough that people are actually mentioning a 38 year old, doesn't like the National Anthem, vetoed two trades to come here Carlos Delgado as a good acquisition (if we are going that route, just give me Jim Thome), but you do realize that is 26 overall on the roster (12+14) you just named (assuming as you said the RF spot gets filled as we don't want a ghost out there)? If there's one player I would love to see the sox buy low on (perhaps a minor league deal), who actually could go back to his numbers a couple years ago and is still in his prime years (I believe is 29 going on 30) is Austin Kearns. He was a superior defensive RF (top 5 in the fielding bible from 05-07 and still is very good looking at his defensive metrics and hell even a pair of eyes you can tell he's good, but was limited to injuries/bad play this past season to really show much.. good LF as well) and could be one change of scenery (maybe one Walker teaching ala Quentin) away from getting back on track as a player. The guy can definitely take a walk (and hit respectively) when he's on. This is assuming KW doesn't make any trades/other signings for the OF (though I will never count him out) during the winter meetings. You get a career .353 obp in Kearns and hope at ST he shows signs (if not I'm sure KW will sign an insurance vet/trade, maybe De Aza shows something with Ozzie?), you can sign Johnson at the DH for more obp (which this team really, really needs to manufacture runs), and try your damnest to see Yo Adrian! on this club (though Konerko is fine) and suddenly your offense becomes much, much better overall.
  16. IMO.. our IF is set. Unless its a considerable upgrade at a position (something KW operates in or for example.. an Adrian Gonzalez at 1B) we are pretty much set and usual rumors about players at IF spots (though it's nice to talk about) should not be getting riled up about. I'm more interested to see what we do in the OF spots (minus Rios in CF) and possibly DH and the bullpen.
  17. Right Field.... thats the position I see him taking over/getting moved to down the line. That's probably our weakest position in depth in the minors. Fits well with that cannon of an arm he's got.
  18. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Dec 3, 2009 -> 04:53 PM) And he goes to Church every Sunday unless there is a game on Pretty much the entire Royals' clubhouse is very religious FYI. In fact, I believe Grienke, Mark Grenzailinefchdjvdk, Gload etc.. all love (or loved) it there because of it.
  19. QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 05:55 PM) Suntimes Press conference tomorrow, actually. Ah.. finally.
  20. Lobbied for this guy for two years now. He's basically a DH, but has a ton of potential with the bat. I'd love to get him, but I'd rather us fill the needs of other areas first and also see if we can find a LH Power and/or OBP hitter.
  21. QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 11:48 PM) I think you over-value your own importance... Just a word of mouth.. cool it with post like those bro. Don't like seeing posters (in general) go out on a bad note. **EDIT: Saw you deleted your post, but still an FYI.** God damn I hate my slow ass computer.
  22. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 09:44 PM) I think you over-value your own opinions... Very well said.
  23. Sloppy, but solid win for the Bulls. Brad Miller was just outstanding today. Now I don't really care about the other soon to be free agents leaving us next year, but if he takes a good pay-cut (which I doubt he'll find 13 mil a year on the open market anyways esp. with him aging) I would love to see us bring back Brad Miller as a backup center next year. Sure this is also pending if we leave Noah at the 5 or move him to the 4. (also the Omar Asik scenario as well)
  24. SoxAce replied to Lemon_44's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 04:15 PM) Kalapse just pwned Wite. Blake hasn't had a good week up to this point.
  25. QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 03:14 PM)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.