sox close to another deal?

chisox2334

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
http://twitter.com/SoxNet

# With the leadoff spot filled, Kenny has turned his attention to the middle of the order and we are told he's close on another deal. about 2 hours ago from web

My guess is Vlad/Thome/Agon/Dunn... Thome or nothing sounds most likely for $$$ reasons.

Edited by b-Rye

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 07:50 PM)
My guess is Vlad/Thome/Agon/Dunn... Thome or nothing sounds most likely for $$$ reasons.

It's weird. Thome was one of our best hitters last year, but I don't think I'd be too excited for him to return. I think I'm just ready to move on.

Edited by chunk23

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 01:53 PM)
It's weird. Thome was one of our best hitters last year, but I don't think I'd be to excited for him to return. I think I'm just ready to move on.

I couldn't agree more, its time to turn the page on the Thome era.

QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
Same guys who "broke" the adrian gonzalez trade right?

I remain skeptical.

What trade are you talking about? I read here that the Sox were talking to San Diego. Which probably happened. I don't remember anyone here saying a trade is occuring. Can you please post a link to this? I remain skeptical that you can.

There was a 67 page thread about it. Kong to Angels, etc. If it had just said there were discussions with SD that would be one thing. But particulars were discussed as if an actual 3 way trade was being considered, which of course, no other outlet had heard or discussed.

No need to be defensive, just sayin.

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 02:01 PM)
the only way i ever see the sox getting agon is with alexei, hudson, flowers, morel being shipped out; but i don't even see why SD would trade him while he's so cheap the next two years.

They're rebuilding. Dealing a cheap star like Gonzo is a great way to get a boatload of young talent.

QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 03:06 PM)
There was a 67 page thread about it. Kong to Angels, etc. If it had just said there were discussions with SD that would be one thing. But particulars were discussed as if an actual 3 way trade was being considered, which of course, no other outlet had heard or discussed.

It did. And it said what some of those discussions entailed.

QUOTE (daggins @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 02:06 PM)

Hey, I am going to stand up for the guys who make this place happen. I hope you can handle that.

I gotta say over the years being here there are certain people that you can trust as far as whitesox happenings and I trust my guys running soxnet cause they wont say something just to throw s*** and see what sticks. That just isnt their style and they operate with a lot more professionalism than that.