Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 05:26 PM) That would be a mistake to deal Sharp. I keep hearing that it is more Mcdonough inquiring because Sharp (and Versteeg) was one of Tallon's prized acquisitions and the fact that they both didn't like each other (in order for Mcdonough/Bowman to more or less put their "acquired" guys on the ice) though I'm not sure if that is correct.
-
Miguel Cabrera could be traded?
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 10:26 PM) He didn't say arrested, he said Jailed. That is actually correct; Dombrowski had to get him out of jail at 6:00 a.m. Either way you slice it, it was still "not a bright" comment IMO for that one incident to not want a guy like that on your team, (unless you don't like him personally like Quinarvy, which I can respect) especially with Ozzie's relationship with him. Hell if it wasn't for Ozzie getting in his face about his weight the prior offseason, Miggy probably wouldn't have been as good of shape as he was in the Tigers ST camp. (though I'm sure he would still hit at a stud level)
-
Miguel Cabrera could be traded?
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 09:58 PM) I don't think Cabrera will be moved, but if he is, it'll be kind of like the Peavy deal: a grossly low cost paid in talent for a truly elite player in his prime. Now this part.. I agree 100% actually and you are probably right.
-
Miguel Cabrera could be traded?
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 07:54 PM) I wouldn't trust anything Olney is saying here. They do not need to trade Cabrera unless ownership is mandating something like a $70M payroll or less in 2010. Keep in mind the Tigers were also paying Sheffield this season and now that one is off the books. I believe Detroit is in alot of financial trouble with their organization and their city itself in the very near future, so I believe they are probably forced to have a payroll in a year or two in those effects. (Cincy as well) Thats why said players like Miggy and Granderson will probably become "dangled" by them to see what they can possibly net. QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 12:59 PM) Discussions should start with Buchholz. This isn't Victor Martinez we're talking about, this is Miguel Cabrera. No doubt about it. It's a shame though.. it would probably take a Beckham, Danks, etc.. crazy like that to make Dombroski even think of moving Miggy to us in the division. Miggy is a hellova talent and would just be a nightmare especially in this park. He is very much worth what he makes, but we are tied ourselves with 2 big contracts. I've made my Miggy love known with that Adrian thread from pages 17-19 a while back. Scary to think he will probably be much better this comming season improving from making the AL jump.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 04:23 PM) I don't think Hester's been shying away from contact, at least i haven't seen it that much. He's gotten hammered pretty hard, and there's nowhere you get hit harder than on special teams, where he came from. Bennett and Knox though... yeah. They probably account for 5 of Cutler's INTs just on that alone. No I agree with CanofCorn. Devin is more or less the one who definitely is shying away from it. The usual catch then go to the ground or just go out of bounds (especially on kick offs) has always been his M.O. (he used to just take it to the house all the damn time on special teams back then which of course.. you don't get contact) Bennett I've actually been impressed with the beatings hes taken this year with some of the grabs and getting hammered. He's caught alot of balls in the middle and just paid the price. You can only count on one hand the amount of times he just went to the ground/etc.. Knox though I pretty much agree with. Olsen is quickly getting up there as well. Since that helmet to helmet, he's been shying away himself.
-
Sox ask Tampa Bay about BJ Upton
Whats this certain fascination now with Heath Bell? He closed for the first time just this past season and now he's considered a top closer. He's a very good reliever (though he was rocking the 5 era's with the Mets and has now gone down pitching in SD) but I would like to see a Bell, Bailey, Soriano etc.. do it for more than one season in the closers role before I call them "elite" in my book.
-
White Sox Interested In Coco Crisp
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 03:48 PM) Well our top 4 are already better than pretty much everyone in baseball at this point and we also have 2 pretty damn good candidates for the 5th starter, which not a lot of teams can say either. Ya if he isn't traded, I pretty much see Hudson taking over in the second half for some odd reason and being very good for us, but that's another story/subject to talk about later. Man our future in the rotation is very, very bright.
-
White Sox Interested In Coco Crisp
I actually wonder if Crisp was the guy docsox was talking about.
-
Sox ask Tampa Bay about BJ Upton
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 11:22 PM) Heath Bell Francisco Cordero Andrew Bailey Rafael Soriano I would rate all of those closers as being better than Bobby Jenks. I'm just going to assume you meant they were better this past season, especially seeing most of that list quoted were either first time full closers and/or a rookie reliever. Even Valverde is debatable. If you didn't.. shame on you. OT: But I would like to reiterate the fact that Trevor Hoffman is still a freak at 41 and should also get some recognition out there other than Rivera all the time. Thank you.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 09:50 PM) Noah just posterized Greg Oden. Did not see that coming He gave Oden a facial (so did D. Rose actually), but Oden got the last laugh with just beasting Noah the whole game on the glass, and the Blazers winning.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Zip your pants up in your avatar.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
Tee Hee.
-
Official: Omar Vizquel Signs with Sox
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 07:12 PM) It definitely appears the Sox will have one of the older benches in baseball. We've also gotten older since the offseason especially with Getz and Fields traded. Not that I'm complaining about anything, just stating it.
-
Official: Omar Vizquel Signs with Sox
QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 01:49 PM) Any news on the "second" signing that was suppose to go along with this signing? Well he did say "probably on Monday" but it also could be tomorrow or later on this week as well. QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 02:42 PM) Any hints? Position player? Pitcher? Or was one of the predictions from an earlier poster right?
-
Mauer wins AL MVP
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 01:22 PM) After Pujols win the NL MVP, I think this might be the first time in my almost 20 years as a hardcore baseball fan that I haven't had a single issue with any of the award winners. Agreed. I think the only award where I can see an argument was the NL Cy Young with Lincecum winning it, but it doesn't "bother me" at all.
-
Is anyone as nervous as I am?
QUOTE (ozzfest @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 01:53 PM) you guys are right. permission to delete thread. You got 3 pages with this thread. To me.. anytime you get 2+ pages (minus an article or blog), that means it was a pretty damn good one.
-
AGon discussion, et. al.
QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 11:16 AM) a poster on southsidesox.com met Jake peavy over the weekend and was told from peavy that the w sox are trying to get A. gonzo. The article is up there with pictures of him and jake peavy over the weekend. Here is it for the lazy posters. http://www.southsidesox.com/2009/11/23/117...peavy#storyjump Hey Cowley. Even Jake Peavy said it.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 03:02 AM) Why people give a s*** what other people put on their hot dog has always befuddled me. If someone's not forcing you to eat it, why do you care? X marks the spot with this post. And I love ketchup.
-
Official: Omar Vizquel Signs with Sox
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 12:29 AM) I'm going to go with Chad Cordero. But I actually don't know if he is a FA. I believe he is actually.
-
AGon discussion, et. al.
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 23, 2009 -> 12:17 AM) It was basically coming off the end of 2007 when our bullpen was probably in worse shape that it is now. I thought the Dotel signing for 2 years was a pretty good deal for both sides, but giving 4 years to Linebrink was just far too risky, as he wasn't a good pitcher outside of PETCO back in his Padre days, although I remember KW saying something to the thought of his power sinker would fit in well with the Sox or something like that. The no trade clause is what really puzzled me.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
Antti Niemi was just amazing. I hope Hawks management would stop signing these FA and just stick with in house guys from now on. It seems that its really backfired (minus Madden) or destroyed their cap flexibility. Guys like Campbell, Sopel, Kopesky, Huet, (though he's been good this year) etc.. I would think guys like Beach, Aliu, Pepin, Bickell, etc.. are pretty good and cheap.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
Broncos to lose again. Kev finally understands they were/are overrated. I'm a happy camper today.
-
Sox ask Tampa Bay about BJ Upton
I've said it in the past how much I love B.j. Upton. His potential (not to mention his incredible discipline) would be just lovely to have here. It won't mean that Teahan would have to play RF as people keep saying. Remember.. Alex Rios would still need a position. (which he would probably move back to RF) But I won't get too far ahead of myself since I doubt this would get done.
-
Official: Omar Vizquel Signs with Sox
Hopefully It's Austin Kearns. QUOTE (League @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 10:36 AM) This is really a shot in the dark, but I've been thinking about the possibility of going after Joaquin Benoit all offseason. Actually... I could see this signing as well.
-
Arizona Fall League
For those who missed the C.J. bomb. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/vide...tent_id=7137159