Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Chicago White Sox waiting for free-agent market to evolve
  2. Seems like when they shot the ball everyone knew it wasn't going in. It's bad enough many people have to see Kirk Hinrich out there more than usual, now it seems John Salmons doesn't wanna do s*** offensively.
  3. SoxAce replied to kwill's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 10:10 PM) Does Boston even have a need for Gonzalez? It's an interesting question actually. I'm assuming they would move Youk to 3B, and make other moves to help that. And of course Big Pappi ain't gettin any younger, so I'm sure they can "squeeze" Adrian in there somewhere. I do agree with one poster as if it was a farm's game, Boston would crush us. Buchholz, Bowden, Lars Anderson, Bard, Josh Reddick, Kalish, Raymond Fuentes, even a Jed Lowrie, etc.. (though a couple more overrated than others) they are much deeper than we are now. Though of course what shack said.. it depends how much of that talent they want to give up. We might be willing to include a Danks2, Viciedo or possibly even Tyler Flowers whereas they wouldn't.
  4. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 04:55 PM) Look for the doctor with the license plate reading "Assman" Mr. Ass is offended.
  5. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 12:31 AM) I don't think chemistry is all that important, but all word is that Teahen is actually a really cool guy. Big in the community, very outgoing. He'll fit well here. To think.. just a couple years ago when he did an interview for a KC radio station he hated us the most, more than any other team in the league. Now he's traded here. I'm sure he'll have the A.J. effect with us.
  6. What a horses*** call that was for the Bulls. Ok I'm done now.. moving on......
  7. QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 10:09 PM) somebody watched South Park tonight. :lolhitting Whats funny is I know a couple guys, they are brothers and are mexican, but have red hair and freckles (though aren't as light) and we call them gingers all the time. God damn Gingers!!
  8. What an awful call on the "visual evidence" to overturn that one, but that was a very exciting game. Though I must say great defense on Billips Kirk... NOT! The thing that annoys me the most about that call, is usually home teams always get that kind of call no matter what.
  9. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 04:29 PM) So in his career he's had a shoulder problem that dated back to his college days, a hamstring injury that held him out for less than a month in '07, he punched a bat/locker/wall in '08 and contracted Plantar Fasciitis in '09. If he tears his ACL next year I'll jump on board but right now there's no reason to believe he needs to be protected at the DH position. I guess sixth years' the charm in Kalapse's eyes.
  10. QUOTE (beck72 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 04:24 PM) I agree. But with the way things are looking, esp. at the payroll, I have a hard time seeing the sox making many more changes than that. Not gonna happen, but net Doc Halliday.. you can live with that lineup.
  11. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 04:07 PM) How exactly does that help? Are there a lot of guys out there who are good LFs but terrible RF's? Or are people just saying RF as a stand-in for "corner outfielder with a decent bat and hopefully decent glove" I have no idea what your talking or comming from with this. Quentin was once a stud RF for Stanford and through the minors comming up with Zona not to mention it's his natural position and some FA guys or guys to be traded only can play LF. I doubt any org. would put Bay, Crawford, Holliday, Cust, Burrell etc.. in RF when a couple of them listed are very good defensively in LF. All I'm saying is KW is definitely keeping his options open. There's always Rios as well though KW did say he's gonna be in CF. I would honestly prefer Q to be at DH myself though.
  12. All this talk about a RF, where KW could just as easily get a LF and move Quentin to RF. There is always that option as well.
  13. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 12:41 AM) There's a tidbit on hockey buzz that Bolland might need surgery on his back. I'm sure the Hawks brass won't say anything as of yet though. Annnnnnd it's official. Bolland to have back surgery Very disheartening to hear anyone, athlete or not, having back issues (surgery at that) at the ripe old age of 23.
  14. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 09:18 AM) Hm. Take out "more" and I'll believe it. ^^^^ This.
  15. QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 10:50 PM) KYLE ORTON = BEST QB EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Just glad at Broncos team is getting exposed a bit these last 2 weeks. There overrated-ness not to mention the slurping from Kev was really annoying.
  16. QUOTE (SnB @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 09:27 PM) frank thomas. that swing contributed to my little league downfall. Ya I was the same, cept I wanted to be like Ken Griffey Jr. I played CF, batted lefty and had the same stance till high school because of him. I did go through the whole Astronaut stage when I was a tike as well. And who didn't want to be like Jordan also?
  17. Um.. ya I gotta say (and state the obvious) they are a way different team when Toews (and even Eager) is on the ice.
  18. I gotta say.. it's looking more and more like a talk up. in my eyes, though I could be wrong. And KW.. Adrian, Crawford etc.. are all nice for trades.. but Nick Johnson is sitting there free in FA and he's a LH OBP stick. Please sign him.
  19. QUOTE (YASNY @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 04:10 PM) You can forget that dream rotation. Acquiring Halladay would cost at least one of Floyd or Danks. Well the sox could pull it off without giving up those two, but it would probably cost Beckham which would be a terrible idea.
  20. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 03:57 PM) I'd rather go after Holliday (he's a free agent, right? maybe I am wrong) than Halladay. Bora$. That's even less unlikely. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 03:48 PM) I would. I'd have a huge problem with that. You also can't ignore the fact that Halladay is not a free agent, you'd have to relinquish a whole hell of a lot of talent in order to acquire him. Win your W.S. first, deal with the other crap later.
  21. QUOTE (longshot7 @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 03:43 PM) It would be the best rotation of all time but there would be no one to hit the ball. Halladay-Peavy-Buehrle-Floyd-Danks.. Jesus.. I don't care if our offense blew chunks and we played the rookies Danks2 and Flowers everyday (or even Lillibridge everyday), we are not being touched. KW is always thinking big regardless if it happens. Even with talks about him, Hudson is as good as gone though I doubt we have enough or even really made a run for it.
  22. Who knows.. maybe something can happen or be a jump start to something before the December meetings. Still interesting none-the-less. General managers' meetings give Chicago White Sox opportunity to deal Some interesting tidbits.
  23. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 12:29 PM) http://notqualifiedtocomment.com/2009/11/c...-80s-on-us.html Love Deng. :lolhitting
  24. There's a tidbit on hockey buzz that Bolland might need surgery on his back. I'm sure the Hawks brass won't say anything as of yet though.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.