Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. :wub: I came. But seriously let's forget the bulls*** and sign Nick Johnson please. Lets start the balance of the OBP in the right order. Dunn would be fantastic as well, depending on what the Nats want back. Matsui I also wouldn't mind.
  2. Looks like Ladd has a broken nose. Hawks gain a point, but lose in the shootout.
  3. SoxAce replied to Vance Law's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (tommy @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 06:01 PM) RF Crawford 2B Beckham LF Quentin 1B Konerko DH Flowers C AJP 3B Teahen CF Rios SS Ramirez I only count 3 guys that can get on base with at least a .350 clip (4 if you count Flowers). Flowers has the potential to do it, but counting on a rookie to do so right now is asking alot. And to hint.. Crawford has only done that twice in his career so I excluded him. We have the OPS guys.. I just want our offense to be alittle more stable all around with some OBP guys which I hope KW addresses this offseason.
  4. SoxAce replied to Vance Law's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 05:49 PM) Even in that one big year he had with Atlanta he demonstrated his penchant for vastly different pre/post AS break splits. With a .200 point difference in OPS between the 2. Also, success with Atlanta and failure with Pittsburgh doesn't equal success in Chicago. Well... that means he's getting hot at the right time for a contending team..
  5. I see Jason is giving you great hints on interracial dating huh Jeff? Bumpy road, but you'll love it. And learn to at least "tolerate" Perry movies. Some not even I am into, but he is pretty good. And if not, then yea say that's probably a rare case you don't have in common, but get the other things you do into effect.
  6. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 05:13 PM) This coupled with the LeBron leaving the court without shaking the Magics hand makes them one of the least classiest teams in the NBA. Not to mention ordering tapes to be burned from some unknown kid dunking in his face. LeBron is a joke.
  7. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 05:20 PM) I don't think the trade has much of an impact for them this year. Both of their guys are going to the bench. I can definitely see Fields platooning with Jacobs at DH or 1B sometimes against lefties and Getz as the full time 2B or also platooning against righties. You could also see Callaspo either traded or moved to another position. Alex Gordon is really falling out of favor over there.
  8. Royals fans love the deal as well BTW. I'd say it could be a nice deal for both sides when it's all said and done.
  9. QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 01:22 PM) Well, the one thing this trade does is increase Beckham's chances at making the Hall of Fame. Haha, no doubt about it.
  10. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 02:48 PM) I hope this means Beckham moves to 2B. That's probably the only way I'd like the move. You will be missed Chris Getz. That was the best scenario I wanted in the first place. Now we can watch Beckham turn into an all-star at a position he should win 9/10 times in the future.
  11. I didn't think it was possible to like the guy even more than I do... I guess I do now.
  12. QUOTE (The Bones @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 01:49 AM) Uh...this was so difficult. I'm not even sure if my #1, the Beastie Boys, counts as a Rock band. Also, I doubt that half of the artists on my list even make the cut. Yea they were in my top 5. Of course I'm biased towards Linkin Park.. so sue me.
  13. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 6, 2009 -> 12:58 AM) ...and arguably our two most gifted players have been out. I know, I miss Burish and Eager myself.
  14. Hopefully we don't get away from what we should be getting and that's OBP guys. As we all know though.. KW is never done.
  15. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:29 PM) Bye, bye first place... Thank god it's just the beginning of November.
  16. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:02 PM) BWAHAHA @ Lebron James. You expect to get that call 100% of the time, even though you initiate the contact. Of course if that was Dwight Howard, a foul probably would have been called. But a very nice win for the Bulls, and the Cavs look the worse out of the big 3 right now. If that was Dwight Howard, he woulda dunked the s*** out of that ball. Great win for the Bulls though in probably the toughest stretch. They have really beat some legit teams so far, and it looks like Deng is on a mission and Noah is near a double-double average per game. Good to see Rose get 10+ assists as well.
  17. Teahan has been getting his back strengthened out this offseason as well. Supposedly has had some lingering back spasms.
  18. Very nice trade for Boston.
  19. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 03:55 PM) The Rays just traded a better than average 2B with good OB and defensive skills for a mediocre middle reliever. The White Sox traded an unproven prospect who struck out 40 times in 116 plate appearances for a mediocre middle reliever. You tell me who got better value. Chavez is also 26, and actually had a solid season last year with a live arm (I know.. sounds similar). The Rays scouting could have also liked him alot, not to mention I've always thought Iwamura was overrated. There's a difference from a player and a top org prospect. Now if you woulda mentioned the Sanchez/Alderson trade.. then yea.. I see your point. Again.. I'm done with the issue.
  20. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 03:34 PM) Yep. In this instance though I was really hoping the Sox realized that the vets were in the wrong and that this team needed more guys like Getz. Ozzie certainly liked Getz and I definitely did too. He was the type of guy you need. And by no means am I saying Getz is a star, just that I liked his intangibles and the tools and thought he had the ability to be a .300 hitter with a .360 or so OBP, solid D, and 30+ steals and some good base-running. Agreed 100% and I really hope and it's disturbing to think that Getz was possibly traded because of this.
  21. QUOTE (BFirebird @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 03:34 PM) Not to try and talk bad about Allen, but I think we loved him (myself included) more on this board than is warranted. I am not sure he will ever be more than a platoon 1B. I don't care if he sucked his career, it was more on "value" which I never liked. But yea I don't want this into a B. Allen thread. It's bad enough that people brought up Nix even when Getz is now gone.
  22. Thank god. I'm glad he cleared up that rumor that the sox were potentially seeing the injury being "worst than most thought." I would say now getting married this offseason should be his only "hump" till ST hits.
  23. Maybe KW can get that Olney rumor in effect, roll up his sleeves and also net Ellsbury and the bullpen shore up with Bard and Okajima. I won't doubt KW at all and only have once before really (the B.Allen trade) so that won't change.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.