Everything posted by SoxAce
-
i am drunk in 2009
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 12:50 AM) How dare this thread make it to page motherf***in' 3? Wite? Heads? Ace? Where my brothers at? I'll keep it going. Ladies and gentlemen of Soxtalk. What do you do when a girl wants to bang you just to make her friend mad? And I know what you're gonna say. f*** HER! Problem is I kinda like her. And I would feel bad if I hit it and then I never heard from her again. Why you say? Because I f***ing like her. There, I said it. I'm officially a p****. Man I had a f***ing .29 alcohol level just last week, and was drunk the night before too. I keep forgetting to log on and find this damn thread. I think I'm drinking Saturday, but I might pass out though... as my friend is leaving for the force, and he wants to challenge me one last time before he goes. Thanks for the shout-out though J4L.
-
Arizona Fall League
QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 10:43 PM) Two of the HR's off of Strasburg. You can see C.J.'s. Danks in the video as well. Stras hung that curve, C.J. did not miss it.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
Ya we all knew Derrick Rose was sexy.. but I guess in good-looks as well, right Marisa Miller?
-
Oh Steve Phillips, how do you surprise us?
QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 04:08 PM) Honestly, who is "good" then? I don't get this. I was thinking about it the other night before this crap with Phillips even came up....why is Tim McCarver "awful"? Why is Steve Phillips? Other than the fact that it makes people feel good or somehow knowledgeable to claim a professional is "awful," what do they say or do that is so bad? And if they are so bad, who is good? I would love to hear... Your an awful poster. Is that good enough for you?
-
Arizona Fall League
QUOTE (CSF @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 03:59 PM) I hope Viciedo's okay. He was in the original lineup on Tuesday, then apparently Peoria went with Green when the game started. And he hasn't been in the lineup since. Hope he is as well. Really sucks he missed out on a great test like Strasburg.
-
White Sox show interest in Aroldis Chapman...
Maybe Alexei and Viciedo (and even Contreras from a far) can talk him and his agent into dropping his range down for us so he can play with his fellow Cuban mates.
-
Getz vs. Nix
QUOTE (son of a rude @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 03:15 PM) And is it impossible that he had an off year defensively? Maybe he had a nagging injury he was playing through. Hmmm... Chris Getz had a few injuries that killed not only his offensive production, but his overall defensive play as well... hmmmm. As a matter of fact, I had to commend Getz for all the crap he had to go through the year, and still played through it, and wound up having surgery for a sports hernia (or was it a herniated disk?). Whoops. nevermind this, your banned.
-
Getz vs. Nix
I'm one of Jayson Nix's biggest fans on the board, because the man has insane potential if he figures it all out (called him a RH Chase Utley many times here, if everything goes right) with his crazy good defense at 2B (if he ISNT moved around) but with all that being said, I want Chris Getz potential Mickey Morandini ass manning 2B for us for a long time as he's convinced me enough that even with a limited ceiling, he's a much better asset for us. We don't need every guy hitting 20 HRs at every position for us. He plays the game right, he will only get better in every stat (even homers though he won't be that good there) and he can hit both LHP and RHP if given the chance (hell, he hit better against lefties in the minors) where that is Nix's biggest flaw, not to mention he is way too pull happy which was one of his main weaknesses comming up. (Getz is a spray hitter which I love)
-
Getz vs. Nix
QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 22, 2009 -> 09:33 AM) He was a rookie this year. He had an OBP of .340 in the second half of this year. It just completely baffles me how people continue to ride this guy. Look, he'll never be an all-star. We get it. But we're also not the Yankees, we can't have 9 all-stars hitting 20 HRs a year for us. Getz looked fine to me in the field and does little things much better than Nix; making contact, hitting behind runners, bunting etc...Getz is a baseball player. He plays the game the right way. He also was 25/27 in SB this year and missed a bunch of time. What that tells me is if he can raise his OBP and stay healthy he could potentially steal 35 bases a year. You put him in the 9 spot in our lineup and I'll take it. I've said it plenty of times but Chris Getz reminds me of the prototypical Minnesota Twin little infielder that doesnt seem to have great tools but just gets the job done and we all wonder how or why. Then we complain we don't have anyone like that blah blah blah. Well now we do. I'd think more people would be happy about that and recognize that what someone does in their rookie year plagued with injuries shouldn't be viewed as their ceiling. Nix supposedly has so much room to grow but somehow Chris Getz has topped out? Sorry, I just don't buy it. Getz is a gamer, I expect him to have a solid 10 year career in this league. Jesus Christ. Somebody f***ing gets it!!!
-
Ozzie to work as TV analyst during World Series
Wow.. I guess he changed his mind. He already rejected the divisional and championship series. I guess he was waiting for it to be important. Classic Ozzie.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 04:17 PM) Oh, they'll make the playoffs. I don't expect they'll do much in the playoffs, but they'll get there. Pretty much sums it up right here.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 03:46 PM) Keeping healthy won't even get the Bulls into the playoffs. Lets just give you the ol' Stacey King line.. "Your a hateeeeer!!"
-
White Sox claim Alejandro De Aza
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 03:46 PM) Carl will get a kick out of this. No doubt. And yea, injuries have killed Aza's development (ala Quentin a couple years back) but he can actually surprise people. Marlins' fans really liked him.
-
White Sox claim Alejandro De Aza
So long Scott Podsednik!!!
-
Something to consider on the potential trade front.
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 21, 2009 -> 02:02 PM) It's a serious package but it's not one that other teams (i.e. Boston, NY) couldn't beat. Naw they couldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole.
-
QB start Q
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 01:44 PM) That's just bad luck... I still think it was a better bet playing Rivers than Ryan heading into the weekend. The way the Broncos D has been playing.. I woulda picked Ryan personally.
-
Jaramillo available
QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 06:29 PM) According to Dave Kaplan on todays CTL he is going to the Cubs. Yea.. 800K, largest contract ever given out to a hitting coach, supposedly.
-
**Official Yankees vs. Angels Thread**
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 08:53 PM) That might be the worst call I've ever seen. Wow. What happened? I highly doubt it beats the missed blatant call from the Yanks-Twins series and Joe Mauer's "foul ball" but I'm curious to hear it.
-
Arizona Fall League
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 20, 2009 -> 03:49 PM) All I know is that, if he's still here come Spring Training, Jayson Nix has a hell of a battle ahead of him if he wants to keep his job. Let's let the kid hit in AAA first before we make assumptions, though if he hits like .700 in ST, then yea that might be a different story though usually a rookie competing for a potential contending team (minus Hudson) probably won't have a chance. C.J. will make an outstanding utility man in the future, unless he keeps overachieving his talents, then maybe he can have a Craig Biggio like career.
-
Gordon Beckham named Sporting News ROY
Outstanding news for Gordo. Thought he was out of luck of any award for ROY. Congrats to him!!
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
I hope SD pulls this out. I'm tired of Kev sucking the Broncos and Josh McDaniels "genius" cock everyday to me on AIM. Nvm.. Denver will win.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 10:49 PM) On a sidenote, I want more Wolfe. When he's in the offense looks so much better, well at least the running game looks semi-existent. If he is used properly, he could be a really good asset to this team.... if he's used properly. Enough of the run up the middle high percentage of times bulls***.
- Happy Birthday SoxAce!
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 09:23 PM) Here Turner. We bought you a corvette. Can you explain why the cops pulled you over for 10 under the speed limit. I've been here since 2004, and read the boards since 03. I gotta say this is one of the best analogies I've ever seen on this site. I love this post and agree completely. BTW, Forte still isn't over his hamstring issues. Probably why he looks more slower than last year. I hate losing like this, and it stings more on the birthday boy.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 18, 2009 -> 10:34 PM) That was the only critical mistake I saw Pace make that night, and it really wasn't even that bad, you're on the road in a dome and he probably couldn't hear. I saw Pace throw pancakes like 5 times tonight. Yea, Pace was a stud tonight. Unfortunate penalties kinda mulls some excitement from this game and from himself, but he was very good.