Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Week 4 WR Question
QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 06:51 PM) I said that Ocho and RoyW should be the starters only because they are the name guys. Your WRs are a crapshoot. None of them are consistantly high point scorers this year (although Sims-Walker is getting that way). Garcon has started to get more touches but Manning spreads the ball around a lot. Also, I did recommend Jones to you -he did very well points-wise. Don't even bother. Slav is too thick headed and stubborn for his own good. Oh s***, it's like I didn't say Sims-Walker was a sleeper and the Titans were last in receiving yards allowed. Damn Ocho-cinco "Ohhh yeaaa" never posted it. I was wrong on Randle-El but I DID SAY "unless Santana Moss steals all the glory" who had a big night. And I was right on Roy Williams which was retarded to start him when he's going up against Champ Bailey. I don't think Romo likes it either. If you ask for an opinion we will give you it, but don't rip us (especially when we were right) otherwise when you wanted the advice/opinions kid.
-
Rogers suggests trading for Fielder
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 10:35 PM) You know what would be both badass and implausible? Doing a Fielder trade with Danks in it, and then trading Paulie for Homer Bailey and Chris Heisey. Sadly, this is both unrealistic and rendered impossible by Joey Votto. I thought the same thing, then they drafted Yonder Alonso....
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 05:27 PM) And just from an outsider looking in, I love Stafford's potential. If he can work on those deep throws which will come with experience (showed flashes though) he will be a pain in the ass for the North for a long time. Hopefully that knee injury he suffered isn't too serious cause that'll be a crippling blow to the Lions org. if he misses a long time, especially with experience. And just as I say that from earlier, Stafford might have a dislocated right knee cap.. Ouch.
-
Rogers suggests trading for Fielder
QUOTE (VAfan @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 10:14 PM) I still don't get why so many guys here talk about trading a ton of talent and depth for Fielder or Gonzalez. Why not try to improve the club without sending out players? Matt Holliday has nearly the same value as Prince Fielder (5.4 WAR v. 6.2 WAR) and Adrian Gonzalez (6.4 WAR) but would cost only money -- probably less than it would cost to extend Fielder beyond his current deal. Granted, Holliday is a righty, whereas we need some lefty power. But still, doesn't it make sense to add some valuable bats without weakening out starting rotation, bullpen, or depth? For the 1,032,409,354th time on this board, Matt Holliday=Bora$. It's not going to happen. Plus I'm sure the Cardinals will go balls out to try and resign this guy. They gave up a very good prospect (well they all were, but one was more known to many) to net him, and don't want the C.C. effect happening to them.
-
Draft pick
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 05:22 PM) Someone posted an interview with Laumann on the FutureSox forum and he says the Sox are going to go after pitching, pitching, and more pitching. I love to hear that. We need it. Bring in another good group of SP prospects (not signing Justin Jones hurts here) and put them behind the wave of guys going from Kanny to W-S next year, then do the same in 2011 and so on. It would be nice to get a couple college arms who could touch Kanny at the end of the season for a game or two if they sign early, because Holmberg, Heidenreich, and Upchurch will all probably start in Rookie ball next year. I dream of the day when the Sox have at least two pretty good, non-fringey SP prospects at every level from low-A to AAA. Realistically I can see us picking a good looking lefty pitcher (which we are lacking, though we need pitching entirely) with our pick if we find one we like. But if we pass on Ranuado if he falls to us, I'll be pissed (though I doubt he will).
-
Predict now; What Happens on Sunday w/Twins, Tigers?
QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 05:27 PM) Do I get bonus points if Detroit burns? Your already right about that. Their city looks like it's been burned to the ground.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
Cutler didn't have the sexy numbers, but his TD/INT ratio stands at 8:5 heading into the bye which is very good especially since that 4 INT game. In 3 consecutive games now, he's had a 100+ QB Rating, and 7 TDs and 1 INT in those last 3 games. And just from an outsider looking in, I love Stafford's potential. If he can work on those deep throws which will come with experience (showed flashes though) he will be a pain in the ass for the North for a long time. Hopefully that knee injury he suffered isn't too serious cause that'll be a crippling blow to the Lions org. if he misses a long time, especially with experience.
-
Predict now; What Happens on Sunday w/Twins, Tigers?
So far me, knight and daggins (despite wrong score) are right. Lets see if Detroit wins (daggins prediction) or the Twins (me and Knight's prediction) this Tuesday.
-
AND THIS BASEBALL SEASON IS OVA!!!
Thank god. Minus Beckham, Hudson, Buehrle etc.. we were not a joy to watch.
-
Predict now; What Happens on Sunday w/Twins, Tigers?
QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 4, 2009 -> 02:46 AM) Both Det and Min win. Game 163 on Tues in Min - Min wins. Detroit burns. ^^^^^^ This.
-
2010 Offseason Fantasy Lineup Thread
Lets get OBP freaky please or maybe potential guys. Nick Johnson, (.400+ career obp) Bobby Abreu (.380+ career obp) Adam Dunn (.375+ career obp) or potential guys like Jeremy Hermida, Brandon Wood, or maybe even a J.J. Hardy. The potential guys are obvious where they should play. Don't really care where the OBP guys play, who we have to trade, etc.. I just want them to live up to their billing.
-
10/3 Sox @ Det 6:05pm CSN
Wow.. what a crazy choke job for the Tigers. Still not over yet, but they are in real trouble. Reminds me of the Mets choking the division away to the Phillies. On the other hand, what a crazy comeback for the Twins! They are playing out their minds right now. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 09:15 PM) anyone know a good tigers and twins forums? I'd love to see what their fans think of what's going on...Go Sox! Motownsports is always good for the Tigers message board. Not real sure about the Twins.
-
10/3 Sox @ Det 6:05pm CSN
QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 09:02 PM) He was going to get lucky sometime. He's had one solid hit today. Hey at this point I'm sure he'll take it. Good to end the season on a good note. His speed/stealing bases will be sure welcomed next season as well.
-
10/3 Sox @ Det 6:05pm CSN
Rios.. have yourself a night.
-
10/3 Sox @ Det 6:05pm CSN
QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 06:16 PM) any idea how long? I'd say about 6 inches as of right now.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Keep the hate to yourselves ladies.
-
2009 AL Central Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2009 -> 04:02 PM) ZG Down to 2.02 If he gets pulled at 6.2 IP, giving up 0 runs, look out for Kalapse on a killing spree watch.
-
What Would A.J. Bring back Via Trade?
I'd LOVE the idea of trading A.J. especially considering this is the highest his value will get from this career year, not to mention he probably will ever duplicate, but we don't have a Joe Mauer waiting in the wings. (as much as I love Flowers, he's no Joe Mauer) Unless KW finds something in the offseason or they really love Flowers enough to start full time, I just can't see us trading A.J.
-
MICHAEL BARRETT ARRESTED for videotaping Erin Andrews naked
Wow.. He is screwed. He's from Illinois too. Go figure.
-
how about konerko to the giants for
QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 11:44 PM) I wouldn't take Sanchez for our 5th starter spot. He's simply not good. He pitched a no-hitter. He says f*** you dan.
-
Week 4 WR Question
I wouldn't mind sitting Williams either. He's going up against Champ Bailey and the Broncos rank second in receiving defense so it's a safe option, though Romo can explode in any week. I'd start Randel-El cause the Bucs suck in pass defense, though that also depends if Santana Moss steals all the glory. Ocho-Cinco... ohhhh yea. Sims-Walker is a hell of a sleeper though. Just my 2 cents of course and knight is more of the fantasy guru than I am.
-
Madden 10 PS3 Dynasty League
QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 08:06 PM) Ashamed to say this, but I'm the first to lose to the cpu. Damn turnovers. If you can pull the upset against Badger, all is forgiven.
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
Wow.. looks like quite a few of the Blue Jays players want Cito Gaston gone.
-
According to Sun Times Kotsay wants to be back
QUOTE (son of a rude @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 08:03 PM) Herm will be out of the organization before Wise is. His contribution to the clubhouse must be unbelievable. Well he does have alot of friends.. D.J. Carrasco said he's his best friend on the team and some of the guys said he is really a good teammate to be around.
-
trading buehrle
Welcome to soxtalk! :cheers Though I disagree with your assessment, I'll admit your proposals (especially the first one) are not bad at all (or just terrible/don't make any sense for us as even some vets here do). I would drool if we ever got Cody Rasmus.