Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 03:51 PM) Skille didn't make it, even with the injuries. Wow. Yea.. Interesting to see Hendry on right now. I like him enough. Can't wait to see Hjalmarsson for a full season and I have no idea why the org. doesn't like Aaron Johnson at all. I have no idea who the hell Radek Smolenak is though. Tony, Jeff, Andy, Mike, Critic, Steve, etc.. Anyone?
  2. I think Chicago gets it, but I WANT Rio to get it.
  3. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 02:42 PM) Case in point: Freddy Sanchez for Tim Alderson No doubt since the new guys took over, their draft philosophy (actually giving the $$ to Pedro Alverez) and some of the trades they've made, they are a different org. than in years past.
  4. Ha nice find. Happens all the time in baseball.
  5. QUOTE (coco1997 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 02:15 AM) I'd say a package of Fields+Lillibridge+Wise should do the trick. You better add Betemit and Kroeger to put it over the top.
  6. QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 10:41 PM) yeah, let's do our part to get MN in the playoffs! Agreed.
  7. Wow.. the Pirates finally beating up on the Cubs. Even in non contention that never happens. Good to see.
  8. Not counting rainout games.. This might have been the shortest game thread in soxtalk history. A historian here should look that up.
  9. Very weird hearing Mr. bachelor Jason is getting married. And to miss future.. "Gage"?! Oh dear...
  10. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 04:03 PM) I had a difficult time not telling David to get as far away from the White Sox organization as possible. I don;t want to see him go, but I know it's for the best. What did you mean by this..."I still don't know how you think you come across sometimes"? I'll pm it to you, but ya I have to feel bad for David. He's been getting the ultimate screw job it seems for alot of opportunities.
  11. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 03:51 PM) Offesne looking great as we face Cy Carmona with his 6 1/2 ERA Well to be fair he isn't some unknown who is shutting us down. This guy does have a history, and a very good year a couple years back.
  12. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 03:49 PM) I never said I hated Beckham coming out of college, I admitted that I didn't know anything about him and that I had tunnel vision in regards to Justin Smoak. As you can see, I've fully embraced my dumbass statement during the 2008 draft. When it comes to certain players, I think they should be retained as AAA players, expecially in the case of David Cook, Lee Cruz and Robbie Hudson. It's difficult not to like David Cook, who's hit 125 homeruns in the minors and has major league power. I just want him to get a chance...anywhere. I don't know who you think I've deemed "great," I only talk about what I see and what potential there is. I don't understand why you're accusing me of being pompous, I attend almosy every Barons game and I was asked to write about it as frequently as possible on Future Sox and here. I've been inundated with questions about the players since April. I have seen them play in person more than anyone, that's just a statement of fact. I never said you don't know anything, I just asked if you had seen them play. A simple question. You could have asked in the first place why I included them on my list and we could have discussed it without strife. I don't understand this comment at all..."I miss the old JPN when he had no idea that he was a rare guy watching Baron games and he just "watched" the games. People have been asking my opinion all year, what exactly would you like me to do? If I'm excited by what I see in a player, I want to share it with you guys so you can get excited too. Where's the harm in that? Things were different this year with all the scrutiny on the Barons. That's not my fault. I've just tried to be a gateway of information to everybody. Let's keep in mind that I am in no way a professional scourt, nor would I want to be. So my opinion is just that, an opinion. My observations are just that, observations. I've been asked to share them, don't point a finger at me and accuse me of being a smug know it all. I'm just passionate about minor league baseball and I support the guys who play their butts off who deserve a chance. You can't discount all but a few of the minor leaguers just because they're not super studs. 4 out 6 teams made the playoffs and won a lot of games during the year. I think that means the Sox have a lot of talent in the system to choose from. Well I'll use the "Don't trust this man" from your sig next time then. And i'll personally apologize for the miscommunication of your question which I thought you were taking a shot at me. Ya I also listen to guys like you, Ozzie Ball, Rex Hudler, scenario, Jim Spencer etc.. most of them who actually watched the games as well, and some who I agree with more than others sometimes cause of what I have seen from them and their quick adjustments since college/high school which is believable. I just don't understand keeping the old guys/giving them a roster space unless they are late bloomers or really are good guys for the clubhouse which is what I'm saying. David Cook will never get a chance here so why keep him in taking away playing time for other younger prospects? Unless it's another minor league deal and unless the sox stop dicking around with him and put him in AAA let him thrive elsewhere. I still don't know how you think you come across sometimes, but personally I'll apologize that I came across too strong in this regard and just like both of us watching our minors and spects.
  13. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 09:08 AM) Have you watched them play??? I watched Cruz in college (actually liked him, thought he'd rise up through the system but at his age, his window is closing) and so far judging by your assessment of players you either fall in love with these guys (esp. the old ones) too easily or you are terrible in judging them. Unless the sox feel they should keep them to trade or to be good clubhouse guys they have no future with the sox org. and ever since you've said you have "seen them play" your chin has been so far up in the air when only a few guys you've named make sense at all and this is comming from a guy who hated Beckham comming out of college. No I don't get to see some of these guys when they hit the minors after college, or sometimes high school ball when I get to see them or some that I actually played with but unless they have potential, changed their style, or are younger I don't see how you can deemed them great. I also saw Ricky Brooks and still know the sox are high on him even if he was overhyped. I miss the old JPN when he had no idea that he was a rare guy watching Baron games and he just "watched" the games. No doubt I'm not perfect in judging right either and if I was I would be a scout. Said it in the past I thought Jeremy Reed when gonna be a star (especially when he signed a baseball for me when I went down to Birmingham for a family reunion and fell in love with him ) and of course that never happened, but the old' "oh you don't know anything cause you haven't seen them play" only works to some degree with posters.
  14. Huge risk even with his potential, but the spect lover in me loves him for 3B. Sell low KW.
  15. QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 12:05 PM) Lee Cruz KEEP Robbie Hudson KEEP Ew..
  16. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 04:55 PM) My arguement is to stop Wise from playing. Put Fields in the OF, let Nix and Getz gets more AB's. Well Getz is done for the season, so now Nix can play everyday now and I guess we'll have to see Wise get more abs.
  17. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 02:48 PM) I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Twins make the playoffs over the Tigers. I'm very comfortable that they'll be destroyed by whomever they face. This way it's like a double b**** slap for Detroit and the Twin City. I absolutely hate Detroit entirely, especially the Tigers (just a dick organization, always has been putting up with dick players like Weaver, Fick, etc.. in the past) and anyone who wants them to win this division is beyond me. I hope the Twins beat them and give the Tigers a nice choke job. Kinda nice seeing orgs with low payrolls win too, and it's hopefully nice seeing our org. learn to play the game right right down to the minors like the Twins do.
  18. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 04:18 PM) Awesome That is unbelievable.
  19. Ima mention this also as no one else has stated, but special props to Tyler Flowers calling the game with Danks. I gotta say since he's come up here, and from what scouts and personel have said about him as a catcher, his game calling is very good. He hasn't looked to the dugout that much (if at all from what I've seen) on his game calling to pitchers. Very bright future for this kid.
  20. Here's another vid. http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/media/vid...tent_id=6902199 Fast forward to about 1:30. That might be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in a celebration. This can only help LAA try and resign Abreu (who they really want back) and possibly Figgins. (if the price is right)
  21. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 02:53 AM) Props to the Angels for winning their 5th AL West title in the last 6 years. It's hard not to feel good for them after the mess they've had to go through this year. No doubt and couldn't have said it better myself. Wouldn't surprise me (shouldn't to anyone really) if they play out of their minds in the playoffs and wound up winning the W.S. in honor of Adenhart. I mean this is just terrific here. http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/media/vid...89&c_id=ana Even the final out when they clinched you have to feel good for them. The injuries, the passing of a potential stud pitcher in Adenhart, etc.. the Angels are a real feel good story. Them, the Dodgers/Colorado, I'll be rooting for in the playoffs. FYI: I called Morales exploding this year when givin the chance finally. I wanted him here for two years now, and knew he was gonna be good. Also Scott Kazmir was a brilliant addition late for them.
  22. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 11:29 PM) It's not all that difficult to beat the Indians these days. That said, great job by Johnny Danks. He definitely didn't stop.. get it get it.
  23. QUOTE (3E8 @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 11:15 PM) Step 4: anal. You nearly ruined the joke. But that was funny.
  24. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 10:20 PM) Zip it with the shockiness, k? You'll be shocked next year when it's still going. Assuming we about 3 months going into "next year," I won't be that shocked.
  25. X-Rays were negative today from a potential broken arm. And yes, I'm still shocked this thread has lasted this long STILL!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.