Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
God I love Cutler.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
Turner has no more excuses, especially having a pro bowl quarterback on the roster. His ass needs to go. QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 04:21 PM) Did Goddell make the NFL season only 3 games long? Unless he goes Adrian Peterson the next 3 games, he won't match anything from last year at all.
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 04:15 PM) Sucky season, but they look better than they did at the end of 2007. /post 100 Attention whore.. BTW I'm 2-0 in game threads this year.. **Attention whore as well**
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
Forte = sophmore slump. Weird enough he's running worse this year than when the O-Line was much worse last year.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
This O-Line still isn't that good. Omiyale is terrible to watch. OT: Mark Sanchez might actually be worth the hype.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 03:52 PM) Damn hell of a play by Greg Lewis to win that game. I hate the man to death, but Brett Favre will be a god send for the Vikings. He is still very good even with the gun slinger mentality.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 03:28 PM) That's just an awful play by Cutler. Have to value the ball more. Orlando Pace didn't help much either.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
Geez on that possession. I guess Tillman and Hillenmeyer forgot how to tackle.
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 03:00 PM) Here's the question I have about the draft and Beckham. Are you or anyone sure the Sox would have drafted Beckham had they had a higher pick and someone else was available? I think the Sox had the worst record in baseball at one point in August that year, but had a decent September. If the Sox had the 4th pick, or 1st maybe they pick someone else. I really don't know. Maybe they had Beckham #1 on their board all along. I think he will be #1 on that board 20 years from now. They were 15-12 in Sept. that year. Maybe they would have drafted Smoak. He'll probably be a pretty good player, but I think Beckham is and always will be better. Laumann, KW etc.. have already been quoted that Beckham was #1 on their board, they thought he had no shot on falling to them. And I didn't like Smoak comming out but the kid looks like he's going to the real deal and don't be surprised as other scouts have said that he will be better than Beckham in the long run who beat him here first.
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 03:00 PM) Is is bad that as soon as you said Anthony Ranaudo, i dropped my pants? Not at all.
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 02:55 PM) Greg, you were saying the same stuff to us in 2007 about not worrying about losing games because we shouldn't care about the draft. I can't believe you're still saying the same stuff after the Beckham experience. It's unbelievable really. I don't see you as a troll at all Greg, but I can now understand why some posters here say it cause you like to get a rise out of people. I'd rather be picking in the top 10 than in the 11-15 range anyday. That's a difference on potentially getting Anthony Ranaudo (who me and Thunderbolt really like) and Kyle Blair.
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
Hudson is done. 6 IP 3 H 2 R 2 ER 5 BB 4 SO The walks won't get it done up here rook, but he was very effective today which is good to see. I usually hate seeing the sox win nowadays to mess up their draft status, but I want to see Hudson get his first ML win today so hopefully the lead holds up.
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
I can honestly say I've never loved a prospect more than I love Gordon Beckham and that counts Jeremy Reed.. Well he might be 1A, but still .
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
5 BBs for Hudson who never showed this wildness in the minors. Goes to show that he might be quite ready yet, or needs a tad more work on his location. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 02:21 PM) This game is familiar to yesterday. Our starter will get hit in sixth, seventh and no offense. Trouble is brewing. How can you pitch such a fine game and walk the bases loaded suddenly? Youth. Probably why more people are more comfortable with a veteran manning the 5th next year especially a cheap Freddy. Let him get his arm stronger in ST and he'll be very effective.
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 01:45 PM) Wow, great turn-around by Hudson. He's gotten alot of breaks so far, but has battled his ass off. If he can give us a Freddy-like game as far as 6 solid innings from yesterday, we'll be in good shape. I just wish he got more run support.
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
Since I'm a spect lover, and Huddy is one of my boys, figured I'd start a game thread. Better late than never. And of course Granderson takes Huddy deep.
-
Ozzie explodes
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 01:01 PM) Hasn't attendance been great? There weren't 50 percent Tiger fans there last night. No way. Tiger fans don't travel that well. Fan support has been great. Meh.. all year. And I'd trust someone who was actually at the game last night then someone who speculates. I can believe it, but then again it was a Saturday night.
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 12:33 AM) Freddy got his ass kicked, Greg. 10 hits and 1 hr allowed is not a very good night. He was left one inning too long no doubt. He was really good for 6 innings, and even fans from the park were yelling at Ozzie why he was left in, in the 7th. As soon as the first 2 men got on, he should had been pulled. Freddy is still not quite there yet as far as arm strength.
-
Who should the Sox trade for this winter?
QUOTE (stretchstretch @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 10:46 PM) I'd say trade Ozzie, Cox, and Cora for the LSU staff While were at it, let's net this top 10 pick and hope Anthony Ranaudo from LSU falls to us to take as well..
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 10:38 PM) There's something really wrong with the clubhouse because a few guys want to watch football after games... after we've been mathematically eliminated? (eyes rolling) Must be that time of the month for Ozzie... BTW, with the wins from Oakland and Cincy, the sox are now tied with Cincy for the 11th overall pick, and move a 1/2 game past Oakland. We are currently 2 back of San Diego who also won against Zona.
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 26, 2009 -> 09:51 PM) Relievers are different than any other player. I think it entirely possible Pena and Linebrink are actually good next year. I got a real good feeling about Pena as well. A good full year, especially with Cooper possibly working on tweaks in spring training and it wouldn't surprise me if he's our best reliever next year even with Thornton. Linebrink is more hit or miss, especially being older and the AL knowing him more now.
-
Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
Ha, I turn on the game and the Tigers promptly score 6 runs. That's funny. I can handle losing to the Twins but the Tigers always piss me off, contention or not.
-
Fun Denard Span article
Very cool interview from a down to earth guy. Love this one.
-
9/25 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (daggins @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 08:55 PM) The top ROY guys are probably Gordo, Porcello, Andrus, Anderson and Romero. Of those guys i'd take Anderson or Gordon, with Andrus real close behind. Reimold and Bailey are up there as well. But I have to agree though I think Andrus might get it as he's getting more pub.
-
9/25 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
Man Peavy is getting me excited for 2010.