Everything posted by SoxAce
-
9/13 Sox @ LAA - 2:35pm CSN - Buehrle vs. Kazmir
If there's another main thing the sox need to work on next year is situational hitting. KW can only do so much trying to fix a problem I.E. pos. player needed or a bullpen arm, but it's up to the players and Walker to install that mentality to not do too much/get the job done with runners in scoring position. I don't even remember the 90 loss sox being this bad in situational hitting.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 02:37 PM) About what i expected.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 02:59 PM) Holy crap @ Denver! Miracle! Orton had that throw planned all along. His statistics look much, much better thanks to that 85+ yard TD "gift" pass.
-
9/13 Sox @ LAA - 2:35pm CSN - Buehrle vs. Kazmir
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 01:58 PM) I wish JD would move down in the line-up. Hated the move when I saw it earlier. s*** I'd rather have Alexei or Kotsay in the 4 spot than JD.
-
9/13 Sox @ LAA - 2:35pm CSN - Buehrle vs. Kazmir
At this point, you take any series win you can get. Let's take 2/3 boys.
-
And that's a White Sox winner !
Who'd thunk it.
-
9/12 Sox @ LAA - 3:10pm FOX - Danks vs. Santana
QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 05:23 PM) Since when did AJ turn into I-Rod? Another caught stealing... "Stone Pony I'm telling you. Whenever our pitchers give A.J. the chance, if they can hold these guys on better, he can gun down some runners" - Hawk.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Family is getting another dog today (I believe it's a Poodle) My other dog will have a baby brother to look after. BTW Jeff, keep us updated sir.
-
9/12 Sox @ LAA - 3:10pm FOX - Danks vs. Santana
Man Doug Eddings has been money for us for years, but Danks should of had that K.
-
We love you Gordon, oh yes we do
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 02:45 PM) He'd be up there if he was still hitting .310. ^^^^^^^^^^
-
Stick a fork in Dye
QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 01:36 PM) Trying to blame everyone else is a normal reaction to addiction Kenny. I'm fine if you deny your problem to me, it's what you tell yourself thats important. Meh.. KHP has had a bad couple weeks. From the B. Allen slurping, to the now hate prospects (Flowers) love A.J. fiasco, to not liking hot girls, it hasn't been peachy for him. He'll come back to his old self we all know and love hopefully.
-
9/12 Sox @ LAA - 3:10pm FOX - Danks vs. Santana
Man you guys are terrible in updates.. I probably should just watch the game then.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 02:13 PM) He's the same guy who punched Steve Kerr for not playing as good as Jordan wanted him to do so in practice. Sure.. but notice Kerr, Kukoc, Rodman, Pippen, etc.. were there in his HOF ceremony? That's the respect he has done.
-
Music Thread
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 02:24 PM) Disagree with Blueprint 3. Jay has fallen off immensely. All he does is boast saying he's the best and how everyone is trying to copy him and such and everyone else is just ruining hip-hop. Really Jay? The same guy who uses others' lines for his own benefit, the same guy who follows the trend moreso than anyone is calling everyone else a follower? Please. He's hypocritical and he tries to be thought provoking with his lyrics when in reality, he was better off rapping straight from his head, not trying to be witty. Or did he forget that just like he planned on doing most of the Blueprint 3 in autotune? He jumps on whatever is popular and try to claim he had the idea. He's a joke nowadays and his beat selection has gone downhill. J.Cole is better than him and he's supposed to be his protege. Agreed 100%.
-
9/12 Sox @ LAA - 3:10pm FOX - Danks vs. Santana
I'm not gonna watch the game today. Sox are 3-0 these past 2 months when I don't watch a game so any superstitions helps this team I'll use though with JD in the lineup, recently it's been a loss for us so this is good to see.
-
Chicago White Sox @ LA Angels, 9:05 PM, WGN
QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 11:25 PM) I hope that the Angels don't injure themselves with the fight at the bat rack now that Linebrink is pitching. :notworthy
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 09:24 PM) I am a f***ing idiot when it comes to the women in my life. I am seriously f***ing stupid with these chicks, what the f*** am I doing here? Oh I must hear this **getting popcorn ready** 3....2....1....go!
-
9/11 Games
Morel will be fun to watch in Birmingham next year. And for B-Ham it seems like Viciedo, Shelby and Hudson are carrying that offense.. not good. Kanny faced a good looking prospect in Trevor May (from what I remember about him, he has a nice fastball and a sick power curve but I have to double check that) Just couldn't touch him. EDIT: Yes it's the curve. He's developing a change-up.
-
9-11 rememberance thread
I was one year and a month removed from going to New York (to visit my aunt) and taking pics of the WTC (2000). Crazy to think that happened a year later. At that time I was a freshman in high school, just barely awake about to leave for school when my parents called me in the living room about it. My aunt was working across the street in NY and still never forgot about people falling out of the building dieing, and the whole ground basically shaking from the impact. Crazy s***. Needless to say, she lives here in Chicago now. I'll never forget 9-11. Man I can't believe it's gonna be 8 years already.
-
The lineup needed
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 11, 2009 -> 01:24 PM) Nix has a history of being a plus defender at both middle infield positions, whereas Getz' rep is good but not great at 2B, so going in, Nix looked better. But this season with the Sox, Nix has looked not nearly as good as Getz at 2B. That's not to say it will stay that way, but, that's been the story this year. No he wasn't. He was considered all world at 2B only, and from what I've seen of him, he's still outstanding. Changing from 2B to SS/3B/LF/RF would f*** up anyone's defense when you aren't playing the same spot everyday. He's been serviceable at the other spots but 2B is by far his best position even though he's made more boneheaded mistakes than he does. (then again.. most of the team has) He is still a plus defender a 2B especially when given the time there. BTW wite, I love that lineup. Anything to get JD off of it is a plus. The sox record hasn't been pretty the second half when he's been on it.
-
Happy Birthday DBAHO & Felix!
Happy B-Day fellas. :cheers Enjoy your "Bier" Andy. Hopefully someday we will drink a cold one together my Aussie brotha.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 11:54 PM) Looks like Troy is out for a few weeks after fat boy Alge landed on his knee. Ya.. didn't look good when they showed the replay. Definitely the MCL. Hopefully for the Steelers sake it's just the MCL. Yet another player who gets hurt when put on the Madden cover.
-
9/10 Games
Great Falls the only victorious team tonight. Good game for Ciolli. Nice to see Trayce Thompson get a hit and 2 BB's as well.
-
9/10 Games
Morel so far is carrying that W-S team. Greene has also had a good playoff series thus far.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
And after all the crap he was stirring about Urlacher/Cutler ordeal, Bobby Wade got his release papers today. :lol: