Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Dang... I'll miss Jim Thome..
  2. Its Tyler Flowers time.. But man this hasn't sunk in yet.. Damn I'm saddened to see Big Jim go..
  3. What did the sox get back.. is the million dollar question? Someone should change the title soon too.
  4. He's gone per Cowley. Take care Big guy.. I'll miss you..
  5. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:33 PM) They have a s***-load of talent their. They're stuggling to find playing time for a lot of people. I'm thinking maybe the Rays. Thats the first team that popped in my head, though Rangers might make more sense IMO.
  6. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:31 PM) Well if Jim Thome does get dealt at least I'll have a contending AL team to get behind for the rest of the season. ^^^^^^^^ I hope he gets his ring. He's more than earned it if he waives it.
  7. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:31 PM) Wow. I wonder who is looking at him? s*** I wonder what he got "or potentially" for him.
  8. QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:23 PM) Zinnnggg!! Alot of Zingers being thrown around today.
  9. QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:18 PM) Peavy is fine per Cowley. fathom you can come off heart attack alert now. There's a bullet dodged.
  10. We will all be sad when they all back in the lineup tomorrow.
  11. Miguel Gonzalez.. 4-4, 2B, RBI.. Got his average up to .311
  12. I highly doubt anything happens though KW has proved me wrong before. Just kinda short notice for other GMs on this.
  13. QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 04:43 PM) Crazy turn of events for sure. Doesn't surprise me. This thread turns everyday seemingly.
  14. So.. I'm assuming your in.. Rooftop?
  15. QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 04:24 PM) Yer what hurts? Zing!
  16. Dye could be back..
  17. Ah my boy SOXCOMMS. How are ya there bud?
  18. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 03:59 PM) Pierzynski's CS% this year: 21% Castro's CS% with the Sox: 22% I thought you died... of fixing cars..
  19. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 03:44 PM) Proven time and time again if you ask me... Seriously late there Mike.
  20. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 02:47 PM) Hawk will be excruciatingly painful for the next 3 games. To me, it seems he mellowed out after the Yankees were handling our asses.
  21. My goodness.. a Critic sighting..
  22. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 07:13 PM) just let it flow For that crap, your ass is going (back) on my ignore list.
  23. QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 10:24 PM) I will say, I highly doubt Allen becomes an above average starting 1B offensively. His highest batting average was .290 (in AA this year) until his aberration in the PCL. It seems highly unlikely he will hit for a good average, which is going to put a lot of pressure on his walk rate and power. He may have 30 HR power, but his walk rate is good, not spectacular so if he is going to hit .260-.270 it's going to be very hard to put up a .850ish OPS. Paul Konerko with less batting average maybe. I have to agree with this. Hell I didn't even have Allen in my top 5 in the overall 10 spects list for futuresox (and this was when Beckham, Poreda, Richard graduated I believe he was #7) I hated the Allen deal, and I love Allen, but you are overating him waaaaay too much KHP.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.