Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. SoxAce replied to shipps's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 10:08 PM) :lolhitting I expect to see Slav like this today....
  2. I don't think the reliever Josh Fields is still with us. I think its just the 3B Josh Fields.
  3. QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 08:34 PM) Escobar is still young so he can still be a pretty damn good prospect. It will be interesting to see where he starts next year. He already spent some time in Kanny last year so repeating again would be really slowing his progress. I hope he does. I know how much you love him. Gilmore has got his average up to .269 as well. He's been hot in August as well. Joucer Martinez, whose been money for Great Falls struggling today. Pangilinan 2-3 BB.
  4. Nick Green is a stud reliever.
  5. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 04:11 PM) nationals win 5-4, macdougal is 14 of 15 in saves, ERA just under 2.00 for WAS. Why the hell couldnt he do that here??? He has the Javy Vazquez syndrome. He can't pitch at all in pressure situations/when a team is in a playoff hunt.
  6. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 03:52 PM) Wait, what happened?
  7. Well.... day 1 of this idea has begun.
  8. QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 03:28 PM) Thome CH Cute Hitter? Didn't know that was a position.
  9. Nicely written article Ozzie Ball. Everyone knows my views on it, especially in terms of value, but I still think Pena can be something for us when Coop works with him more.
  10. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 02:54 PM) I guess I set myself up for that one huh? You know what I meant.
  11. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 02:40 PM) Wow, just wow. I can't believe the Rivers hate in here. I absolutely HATE Rivers.. hate the prick.. one of the biggest dicks/ego inflated assholes, in the game today. But you got to give credit where credit is due. He's a damn good quarterback.
  12. dont stop... wait... no... stop seriously.. stop the losing.
  13. QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 02:06 PM) Now Milton has dropped the "R" word. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,5478912.story It's a damn shame that Soriano "gets it" and this ass clown doesn't yet.
  14. QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 02:06 PM) Both are real. ^^^^^^^ Saw the first one actually by watching that game, and the second one I believe was in the minors, which ESPN and others have put up before.
  15. QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 02:02 AM) Jump, Jump, Jump .. Come on Jump, Jump, Jump ... i hate rap QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 02:10 AM) Kid, I'm with you! Losers.... Though I hate Vanilla Ice.
  16. This is awesome. Hard to get Gordon star struck, but when your talking to the people who created your walkup song, it's pretty surreal.
  17. QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 01:46 AM) Hell no we wont go, hell no we wont go .... Ice, ice.. baby..
  18. Good god Tex.. you created a monster thread..
  19. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 27, 2009 -> 01:01 AM) Good god. Either you're phenomenal or you played s***ty teams. I'd say its the ladder more than the formal. Then again, Slav is Serbian, so he might have some skills.
  20. I'm ashamed of this thread. I expected more jokes and I had to wait till Flash's post to get them going?
  21. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 10:37 PM) Hudson hasn't made an Major League start yet. Torres has and has proven that he is unable to throw strikes. I'll take the road less taken at this point. His major league debut.. 6.0 IP 6 H 3 ER 3 BB 3 SO was very solid against a good TB offense. He struggled against Cleveland with his control in just his second ML start and already he's "proven" or "trash" as others have called him.. Ugh.. I'm not saying Torres is the definite answer especially considering his future is in the pen IMO, but I'll take a guy whose had a great year in AAA IF the sox were closer to first as I stated considering Hudson is still only 2-3 starts in AAA and getting used to a higher level. Now I agree with you that we should look at the future in Hudson partially because I don't think the sox can win anything the way they are playing, and I think Hudson can't be any worse than Count, but I believe it's just a bad matchup against the Yankees. But this is baseball so you never know. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 10:38 PM) I think starting Hudson in Yankee Stadium is just asking to be blown out. No disrespect to him, but a guy making a major league debut against the best team in the AL on baseball's biggest stage is disaster, and if the Sox start him in NY, I know they have waved the white flag on the season. Agreed completely.
  22. God Tyler Flowers is an exciting looking prospect. Kenny's big game talking him up, and Tyler is backing it up.
  23. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 10:17 PM) I can't wait to see Neal Cotts in Yankee Stadium... Nice. I mean I would hate to see Huddy up this year for the posters who aren't patient enough especially. I would love to see him don't get me wrong, but making your debut against a very patient Yankees team when you've struggled with pitch count in AAA (from jumping from AA, whose hitters aren't as patient) is not good. I don't like our chances anymore though, so I wouldn't mind seeing part of the future out there. If we were closer to first, I'd probably say Torres without a doubt.
  24. QUOTE (hogan873 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 04:29 PM) Well I would say to just win out the rest of the season, but then MLB officials would become suspicious of the influence of SoxTalk on the White Sox players' ability. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 04:30 PM) Well I learned last night that making positive posts will cause the team to win so I'm trying my best. Apparently the team spends an inordinate amount of time reading this forum. In the words of Hawk to Stone.. "That's cold man".. you guys are cold
  25. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 04:26 PM) 6?? I'm thinking 14 at least. In this division, 6 is all you need to get to first.. if that.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.