Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Tejada has a very nice arm.
  2. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:30 PM) If he has it all, why is he hitting .198 since coming off the DL, why is his career OPS .741, why is his career batting average .248? First of all I meant potential. And I already said he wasn't hitting/might not pan out, hasn't been since he came in after being rushed from AA. I watched the kid for a long time. He has all the tools to succeed and put it together. It doesn't mean he will. Hell BA had the tools too, but just didn't put it together. We will probably have a hole at 3B next year depending on what the sox brass does/likes with Beckham. Why not fill that with someone who has incredible potential? (10X bigger than BAs actually) and who has actually proved more in the bigs putting up a .740+ OPS? Hell just last year the kid put up a .260/.351/.432/783 line. He's hit the injury bug this year.
  3. Alex Rios career vs Gil Meche.. (18 abs) .611/.650/.944/1.594
  4. Beckham - SS Beckham - CF Beckham - 1B Beckham - DH Beckham - 3B Beckham - LF Beckham - 2B Beckham - C Beckham - RF Several W.S. wins and MVPs right there. Beckham - 15 Phillies - 0 (W.S. game 4 win.. perfect game.. - Gordon Beckham)
  5. QUOTE (almagest @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:47 PM) Maybe he'll pull a BA and ask to be traded and we'll get him and move Beckham/Alexei to 2B? I wish. I really do hope they sour on him. Never woulda thought Alex Gordon would be not hitting, yet alone going back to the minors. Kid was a freak. If the Royals are trading him in the offseason, I hope KW jumps all over it. He might not pan out (never thought I'd say that either about him) but it's definitely worth the risk. Kid has it all not to mention a glove.
  6. Lemme stop inflating my post count now. I don't want to catch Mike and fathom.
  7. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:36 PM) i'm going to throw up. Just have your Beckham creation cheer you up..
  8. QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:32 PM) Friends? Giving you an internet hug.. ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::HUG::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
  9. QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:27 PM) Comcast will be showing Peavy pitching live tonight with cut ins starting at 6pm. :notworthy OT: But does anyone know if Flowers is playing tonight?
  10. QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:23 PM) Because I can spell? Eh.. I'll tell you later and it was a joke/shot. Innocent fun. Jason can't spell and he's the creator of the site.
  11. QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:20 PM) You mean ecstasy? And I can tell your white.
  12. Whateva, whateva, I do what I want! EDIT: X is what you need Balta for f***ing me up. Or Extacy/estacy as some want to spell out the whole word though the slang is just an X.
  13. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:09 PM) That's just disgusting. Truce? Under one condition.. You let me "fix" Don Cooper's wife.. Ah crap let me put down the beer bottle now..
  14. So.. it has to "come" to this.. though in about 5 minutes I'll be doing all the 'cumming'.
  15. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 03:06 PM) Perhaps you shouldn't be called an Ace as your name suggests Quit calling me out.. or I'll BigSqwert your face.
  16. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:51 PM) Now you're skipping "N". Good job pal. Oh god. The old bastards got to me..
  17. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:55 PM) Nix is a prolific defender, he takes pitchers, and has a good deal of pop. He's also an above-average base-runner. Getz has modest range, has a nice approach at the plate, is a good base-runner, but has no pop at all. I think Nix can offer a lot more in the starting lineup then Getz. Nix by far has the better potential of the two and it isn't even close, but Getz is that grinder/hustle guy that most teams need on their team. He can become a really solid ball player with time. I hope Nix can get a shot playing full time either with us or another team next year. His upside is really special and I just don't like him being limited to a utility player after this year. For now though, the platoon is perfect and they both need it.
  18. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:50 PM) Man you are asking for a beat down Oh is that a challenge nicca?
  19. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:49 PM) Killed the game thread with my last post in there. Loser.. oh wait.. I said that already.
  20. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:45 PM) Steve Stone'd Steve "Jim Rice PWNed" Stone.
  21. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:44 PM) God dammit! Hey don't worry.. I still love you in a hetro way.
  22. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:41 PM) Call me that again...i dare you! f*** it... BIG LOSER!! Lets go.
  23. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:37 PM) X-Type Jaguar? QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:37 PM) Xanthidae is the mud crab family Big losers.
  24. Quentin will have a good night I'm banking BTW.
  25. QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 02:25 PM) Murder me now Obviously your age is catching up to you.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.