Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Loaiza for Contreras.. still a pretty amazing deal for KW.
  2. John Lackey. Kubel, K. Morales, Willingham, Reynolds no doubt.
  3. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:46 AM) On a sidenote, for those of you saying we aren't getting Fuller, I haven't seen anyone from the Sox take back that statement. InsidetheSox (Reifert) reported it was Fuller and until he retracts it I'm going to say its a done deal with Fuller. I blame Alex. He is from Iowa afterall. His damn shananagans.
  4. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:32 AM) OK, I see how they got very damn good value for Contreras, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this Hynick guy will never turn into anything good. He could be a solid BP arm (Carrasco type role) a strong #4 type starter, or like you said.. nothing. I really like his arm though, his changeup is very good and he's very smart. Hopefully we can take him to some interleague play as well.. I like his chances though. Not too many pitchers pitch well in the PCL. BTW, nice article Jas.
  5. QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:26 AM) Do the Sox give Hynick a start or two in September? Wouldn't mind that at all. He's at least spend alot of time in AAA and has been very effective there. Kid had a 3.83 era in the PCL.. That's doin work. He's more ready than Hudson IMO.
  6. Helton is glad he won't be the oldest anymore (and yes Jose is older I don't care what his D.O.B. says) That Rockies team full of young guys are really fun to watch.
  7. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 12:05 AM) Now its reported Fuller is coming back. Hopefully for a better spect..
  8. QUOTE (son of a rude @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:55 PM) we dont really have room for him starting unless we keep hudson in the minors for another year. I still think Hudson is the future whereas Hynick is a solid BP arm potentially (maybe a Carrasco type role) but he can be in the equation no doubt.
  9. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:48 PM) This kid can deal. When he's locating, he buries people. I think of him as a little better version of Nick Blackburn actually with a better changeup. He has to have good defense behind him though. He'll probably strikeout more people though. Just looked at both their minor league numbers.. Very similar.
  10. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:44 PM) Hynick had a 1.039 OPS in Colorado Springs. Maybe he can replace Thome. Kid can hit for sure too. He'd put Micah Owings to shame.. He usually doesn't walk alot of guys either (for some reason he has this year) but he has a ++ changeup, though he ain't overpowering. A smart pitcher.. can definitely get by.
  11. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:35 PM) All the people that wanted Jose cut or traded for some Big League Chew better be lining up to lick KW's balls. ^^^^^^^^^
  12. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:32 PM) How the heck did we get more for Contreras than Thome. *ANGER* One is a pitcher who can still pitch. One is a hitter, who can only pinch hit basically..
  13. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:26 PM) Wow.. Kenny... Wow... what a deal. Hynick?! Amazing return for Contreras even if Hynick isn't a "sexy" spect. I mighta been alittle too happy here.. But I like me some Hynick.
  14. QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:29 PM) Fuller is a 26 year old guy in A ball. Ya he's basically a scrub. Kinda weird seeing us getting more for Contreras than Thome cause of the HOF credentials, but pitching is hard to come by and Jose can still get it together/change of scenery.
  15. QUOTE (GO CHI SOX! @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:25 PM) We got pitcher Brandon Hynick from Rockies for Contreras Wow.. Kenny... Wow... what a deal. Hynick?! Amazing return for Contreras even if Hynick isn't a "sexy" spect.
  16. QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:20 PM) there are about 10 million reasons why Not to mention a NTC that Lines can reject any deal.
  17. QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:19 PM) Torres will start Thursday. Hudson was going to start tonight before the rain out. I'm assuming it'll be Torres and Freddy from here on out?
  18. I was already rooting for the Rockies in the NL (my favorite NL team). Looks like the Dodgers will be up there too./ maybe past it if they play each other in the NLCS if they get there.
  19. QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:12 PM) Thome to the Dodgers Contreras to the Rockies wow.. major props to Soxbadger who called this on AIM (NL team). Contreras moving from a hitter's park to.. a hitters park.
  20. QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:06 PM) They getting BA back? :lolhitting :notworthy
  21. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:06 PM) Anyone who advocates releasing either one has zero clue about baseball or how business is done, or about showing any damn class/respect as an organization. Alex pissed??? Never thought I'd see the day..
  22. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 11:00 PM) I'm hearing Boston. Ugh.. why does it have to be the team I hate the most if this is true?
  23. QUOTE (b-Rye @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:53 PM) I hope KW mans up and cuts Contreras, Linebrink. Those 2 have lost over 20 games for this team.. (in the past 2 months) Now those two I would love to give away/trade, and actually include Mark Kotsay and Scott Podsednik's wives to just get the deal done.
  24. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:51 PM) It has to be Texas or TB doesn't it? Well we'll find out in the next few minutes probably.
  25. Basically Rios for Thome. QUOTE (b-Rye @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 10:43 PM) Seems like we traded Rios for Thome. BOOOO You beat me to that one.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.