Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
Though he's only 1-3, I gotta say it's encouraging to see the abs that Rios has had. He could have easily been 3-3, 2 hr's right now.
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
WHY IN THE f*** IS OZZIE LEAVING DANKS IN?!?! He had his 6 2/3 IP before these runs. What a moron.
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 08:46 PM) ownage 16-30 5 homers against Danks now. It's past ownage, he's Danks' daddy.
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
Cuddyer is 15-29 lifetime against Danks. I'm sorry but there ain't too many guys who own a pitcher by that much.
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
I think Manship forgot he was suppose to shut us out.
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
Even when Pods runs the bases after a homerun, he still has an I.Q. of a retard. Geez.
-
Rays to trade Upton or Crawford
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 07:51 PM) Konerko for Justin Upton would work, except they have THEE Brandon Allen. Honestly, I'd do Flowers and Jenks for Upton with fillers mixed in on both sides. Arizona would laugh, then cry from laughter, then laugh some more. Justin Upton is a freaking stud in the making. Unless your talking Lincecum/King Felix, Zona probably ain't doing it. I feel sorry for B.J. though I'm sure he loves his little brother. Kinda sucks when your younger brother will be better in baseball than you are, not to mention is already more mature, better I.Q., and plays better D. Though that happens all the time in baseball as alot of younger brothers were better than their big brothers. Well.. I would get jealous as an older brother.
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
Wow..
-
How Many In The US Share Your Name?
QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 07:23 PM) I'm unique You must really have a unique last name, cause Brian is one of the most popular names in the world. I know 5 of them alone.. if that.
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
Ima update our draft status in my thread from before later tonight. I know were still 13th overall, but if we lose tonight we would gain 2 games from before.
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
Well... OCab homers.. 2-0 Twins.
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 06:52 PM) Eh... I thought it was kinda funny. I guess my skin is a lil thicker than others. I would be scared to say something like that though. I wouldn't wanna get smacked with a banstick... You need someone to show you the ropes my friend. That's not even worth a sniff of a ban/suspension from whats been said in the past on this board. That's what makes ST so unique, even with more rules.
-
Rays to trade Upton or Crawford
QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 05:47 PM) I would've agreed last year, but Upton's having a terrible season and that will undoubtedly lower his trade value. Not to mention his propensity for laziness and mental mistakes. He's still only 25, and is cheap for a couple more seasons not to mention his potential is through the roof. Yes I know his season has been a nightmare, and he's been known as alittle less lazy than Rios, but he's a much better player than Crawford easily. In fact, Crawford is very overrated in my eyes. Upton has had one of his worst walk rates this year (51 BBs), and it's still better than what Crawford has put up his entire career in a season. Upton has the much better OBP, can also steal, and has untapped power (I think he'd be utter world in a hitter's park) which will have a much better OPS in the future. Sure he'll K more than Crawford, but his discipline will more than offset that. Crawford will be getting paid soon also. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 06:08 PM) Crawford is going into his free agent season and has refused to play CF regularly to this point in his career where as Upton is 3 years away from free agency, an elite defensive CF, going into his age 25 season and is just a more talented ballplayer (even at his best to date Crawford's production isn't mind blowing) so on paper there's definitely good odds that he holds higher value. It all depends on Upton's shoulder really, there's a belief that the offseason surgery he had to repair it still remains an issue and has held him back this year. If teams buy into this and believe it's something he can recover from 100% then he'll fetch you more than Crawford on the trade market. Agreed.
-
Debate: Swap Linebrink for Bradley?
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 05:28 PM) I trust that KW is not dumb enough to even for a minute considering acquiring Bradley. But then again, he's the same guy who landed Linebrink and Pena so I guess never say never. Dude.. seriously Greg.. you need to think before you post bro.
-
Rays to trade Upton or Crawford
QUOTE (son of a rude @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 05:16 PM) http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...ord?eref=fromSI I don't think there is too great of a chance that we get either (especially crawford), but i thought it would be a worthy debate anyway. Do you think KW would go for another player like Upton who has a boatload of potential but is having an off year? Not sure what the Rays would want for him, but I'm sure they would want a decent amount in return. KW said there would be a lot of changes this season, do you think he will make a run for one of them? I really think there is no chance of us getting Crawford, so I am talking about Upton. He would really solidify our defense and he has the potential to be a great player. Do you think we have enough to get him? I'd bet money that the Rays will ask and get much more for Upton than they would for Crawford.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 05:22 PM) I would say Harris is the most overrated player in the NFL but I think enough people are catching on to the fact that he's been in a steady decline so that he can't be overrated anymore. I disagree about the NFL, not to mention people expect him to be the once, stud DT comming out of college before that knee injury which still isn't 100% (and from what Tommie has said before, probably never will be) He's basically playing with one f***ed up knee and it's really sad to see him being basically "mortal" because of it. It's really ruining his career up to this point. I'd bet money he'll probably have one or two more surgeries on it when it's all said and done kinda like the NBA version of Grant Hill with his ankle/foot issues.
-
The Sultan Pimp of Soxtalk Is Now Retired
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 04:51 PM) Unless something unexpected happens, not for a couple more years, haha. You'll probably "Gage" that up soon.
-
Is this the #1 Reason for our 2nd half debacle
We traded Allen for Pena. KW sees Pena as a potential stud reliever, and I believe Pena will be a good reliever as well (probably won't be the RH Thornton like I'm sure they envision, but still very solid.) I hope for our sake our scouts are right.
-
How Many In The US Share Your Name?
8 with my full name. EDIT: I have my father's name (hey I know someone!) so make that 7.
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 10:55 AM) Lets go with the following Ozzie... why the hell not? 1. Pods- LF 2. Beckham- 3B 3. Quentin-DH 4. Ramirez- SS 5. Kotsay-RF 6. Getz-2B 7. Flowers-C 8. Fields-1B 9. Lillibridge-CF Im down. As long as Flowers plays today.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
Damn he was one of my personal favorites. (along with Big Buff) I'm excited to finally see Skille though!
-
Is this the #1 Reason for our 2nd half debacle
QUOTE (son of a rude @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 02:42 AM) Edwin Jackson and Rick Porcello (was pissed that we took Poreda over him, but I guess it turned out well in the long run) mainly. Not to mention playing in one of the worst divisions in baseball against other mediocre to bad teams helps also. Crazy to think only 86-88 wins might be enough to win this division.. if that.
-
Minnesota Twins @ Chicago White Sox, 7:11, CSN
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 09:45 PM) Not surprising considering the type of hitters he's had during his time here. We haven't exactly had a bunch of Ichiro's the last 5 years. I believe this is Walker's 7th season. I know Maggs was the first, but he's good anywhere. I'll look up the others right now. EDIT: Lee, Konerko, Dye were the others but those (meaning Dye/Konerko) were their career years when both put up those great numbers. I'll throw Rowand in there too I guess despite him having less than 500 abs registered. El Caballo and Maggs have continued to hit above .300+ in other seasons. Rowand had his career year with the Phillies to net that big contract with SF. AJP will also be on the list from his past tenure with the Twins.
-
Minnesota Twins @ Chicago White Sox, 7:11, CSN
I heard a report that AJP will either be the third or fourth player to have an above .300 average (500+ abs) in Walker's tenure or something like that.
-
Tyler Perry sitcoms
QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 08:13 PM) So who here is gonna go see ''i can do bad all by myself''? I know ace is. :lolhitting