Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. I didn't think Portland would win one game this entire series missing their best player for the playoffs. They just won playing their first game in this series on the road. Still think Suns will win the series, but that was a bad loss.
  2. An Octopus was thrown onto the ice in the Detroit game.. That usually is great news for Detroit over the years. Problem is... the Octopus wound up having its legs crack when it was thrown. (I think it was its legs, or head, don't think thats ever happened before, but I'm not sure) Boom.. Detroit loses.
  3. QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 05:17 PM) After Danks2/Mitchell, Thompson is probably my favorite prospect. He kinda stunk last season so hopefully he breaks out in a big way this year. He's by far my favorite OF prospect (Nate Jones as far as pitchers, Dan Black [tee hee] and Escobar/Gilmore tie as far as IF) has the highest potential of any OF (or dare I say.. our prospects overall, though that could be debatable) in our system currently. Has a chance to be a monster... IF everything goes right. Nick Ciolli adding to his K rate. Damn and I thought Silverio would be the one leading that offense in K's.. wow. Much better start Collop. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 05:27 PM) I wonder if the inevitable consequence of Retheford being called-up, could be Shelby going to AAA. If he keeps hitting like this, he might fall into a promotion. He's got to be more patient at the plate though. He was much better learning from patient guys like Flowers, Beckham, Danks, etc.. last season. So far.. 0 BB 13 SO.. Don't think the sox want to promote him yet unless he's hitting like .500 for a while.
  4. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 09:11 PM) What did we learn? Sox Players = Good Luck Cubs Players = Bad Luck I was just comming here to post this but you beat me to it. Hawks management (namely McDonough) keep that disgusting cursed Cubs team away from the Hawks.
  5. Anyone see that Vicente Padilla hit on Aaron Rowand? http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/video/pl...tent_id=7491673 Wound up suffering two small fractures in his left cheekbone and a mild concussion.
  6. SoxAce replied to jasonxctf's topic in The Diamond Club
    QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 03:52 PM) Pods on base 3 times today, including a two out hit with RISP. Who knew? Leadoff hitters can drive in some runs! He also got picked off yesterday..... on first base. What new..
  7. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 11:23 PM) And KG was cool until he won that title. I don't know what's happened to him. Still one of the best players I've ever seen, though. I honestly think Rondo has worn on him. He's always been intense, but ya ever since the Boston title, he's had a way different attitude.
  8. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 11:54 PM) Ain't no player in the league run hot/cold like J.R. Smith. Dude can stroke it, but his Basketball I.Q. still leaves alot to be desired. Damn Melo.. why you gotta drop 42 on them like that?! BTW.. Garnett is a serious b****.
  9. I just hope we don't have the Bulls like mentality. You know.. beat/do well against the good teams but suck against the teams were suppose to beat. So far.. it's looking like the case albeit, a small sample. (3-4 vs teams over .500 1-4 vs teams [well.. just Cleveland] under .500)
  10. Kings-Canucks.. another great game 2-2.. another OT game.. HA! as I typed this Kings just won! Woo! Series tied 1-1. Every high seed that lost their first game.. won their senod (cept Canucks who won their first game, lost their second) Hopefully the Hawks follow suit on the other teams who won their second game.
  11. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 11:30 PM) Here's a doozie for ya: Ubaldo, Kershaw or Hanson? Are you asking me who I'd rather have or who I personally like? In either case, your killin me smalls.
  12. QUOTE (beckham15 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 08:42 PM) Ubaldo Jimenez no hits the braves! Congratulations! One of my favorite young pitchers in the game. Nasty stuff he's got though he's prone to the walk as we all can see. Congrats though. Love the Rockies.
  13. QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 07:27 PM) Really? Stats change in the middle of a game? No way. I hate you Dan. Nice job by Bellamy in his W-S debut.. 1 IP 2 H 0 R 2 SO
  14. Ciolli so far is 0-3 with 3 K's. In 38 abs he's K'd 16 times.. ouch. Hudson is done.. 5.1 IP 7 H 3 R 3 ER 2 BB 5 SO. Inherits runners on 1st and 2nd though so this line could change.
  15. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 07:13 PM) But those moves are not Hudson (for Garcia), Danks (for Pierre) and Flowers at this point. We have no replacement for Teahen, except Nix or Vizquel, and we know neither of those are good long-term moves because Nix isn't an everyday player. Teahen is the least of our worries right now offensively. He is what he is, and right now he's giving us an incredible OBP. He'll hit his average in time, not to mention he got a new contract so he's gonna be here until whomever steps in later. (Morel, FA, unknown guy we haven't drafted yet, etc..) Defensively.. you can argue. Danks would be a great #2 hitter if he cuts down on his K's but he would be good at leadoff right now too or dare I say.. De Aza. But it's way too early to just say, play these kids, trade everyone, etc.. right now. Hell Lillibridge is hitting .300+ in AAA right now so you know it's early.
  16. Danks with another double. RBI scored Retherford. (Swung at the first pitch FYI)
  17. QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 06:43 PM) http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2010/04...ecision_in.html f*** you Ozzie, please just leave! Micro-managing at its finest!
  18. Gilmore with a 2 run double. Hitting a robust .382 so far. That will go up or down depending on what he does when the game is over.
  19. Good to see Rose dropping 28/7/10 today. Too bad he was the only one who did much.
  20. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:07 PM) I'm amused that Ranger is close to sounding depressed/despondent. I'm sure Kotsay batting 5th will perk up his ways.
  21. QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:15 PM) As for Peavy, even though he pitched well enough to win today, his lack of velocity is beginning to make me wonder if there is a health issue. His fastball was up (91-92) from his last outing. (88-90) This is the Peavy I like. He had nothing today, and still ave up only 2 runs. (though 1 when he was fatigued) He was fine today.
  22. QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:41 PM) The problem is much much bigger than this game. Our offense sucks. We're not going to win the division with this offense. You can't score 4 f***ing runs in 2 days against this pitching staff. Besides, whose to say Thornton wouldn't have come in an f***ed it up like he did anyway. Like I said.. even a tired Thornton yes I'd take my chances (our bullpen is very good) but you can't leave Peavy whose pitch count wasn't that extended yet this year, pitch in the 8th and a TIE GAME. He's struggled in his previous 2 starts. He gave us 7 IP of 1 run ball. Give him a pat on the back and turn it over to the best bullpen in the game for the later innings. Offense deserves alot of blame too, but the managing decision(s) is what lost us this game today.
  23. QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:40 PM) What a joke, and Ozzie should get a bench coach next to him that could talk some sense into the guy, for the love of God The worst thing was Cora not getting that Seattle job honestly. He really is terrible.
  24. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:38 PM) I don't know. I think you could make the argument to go with Santos there based on the first week, but Peavy's a former Cy Young winner. Curious decision, but I'm sure Ozzie talked to him and he wanted to go out there to start the inning, he's such a tremendous competitor. For a guy who has been brutal his first two starts and pitch count wasn't that much up you take him out with a job well done. Any pitcher likes to have alittle confidence. Our bullpen is one of the best in the league as well this early. I didn't think Thornton would be used today (pitching 3 of the last 4 games), but hey s*** happens.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.