Everything posted by SoxAce
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 06:10 PM) how about kong...fwiw, the captain is tied for the lead in dingers. Contract year... obviously.
-
4/24 Games
QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 05:50 PM) Birmingham and Kannapolis rained out. Charlotte in a rain delay. Winston-Salem..eh who cares? Don't be dissin the best minor league affiliate team we have this year. (or at least that's my opinion, other than Ozzie Ball and others with the Knights love. ) W-S losing 2-0 right now in the 4th. Edwards vs Montgomery (yes.. the Royals 1st rounder) Gilmore, Escobar and Short already have 4 hits combined.
-
GT: SEA @ CWS, 4/24, 3:10pm
QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 04:58 PM) I see no joy in this... The few games the Sox will win this year will be by the homerun. I would fire Guillen and Williams tonight. This is light years from a multi-dimensional offense. I'll agree that I don't see much of the "Ozzie Ball" that I thought we'd see. Guys stealing on 3-2 counts running on more or less contact plays resulting in CS, not too many hit and runs, runners on 3rd and 1st, and not stealing 2B (especially with 2 out to not have the force-out) to avoid the double play, etc.. I'll say this though, I could care less about Guillen's preference to steals than home runs, the long ball is what is winning us these games.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 05:57 PM) Then...? I think Rios was a pretty good player at times before he got here... Yea I think an article mentioned they gave him a tape of 07' or something like that to drop his hands down. IMO though, it's more or less Alex has stopped pressing. Looked like he tried to carry the team last year and wound up hurting us.
-
GT: SEA @ CWS, 4/24, 3:10pm
QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 05:54 PM) Wow, that was awesome! Rios had some great swings today, and he launched that. Great to have 2 walkoffs after having none last year. Now that is crazy.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
Rios looks waaaaay better this year. Good game for Teahen/Konerko as well.
-
GT: SEA @ CWS, 4/24, 3:10pm
QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 04:44 PM) First series win of the year. :headbang I wanted it, and I got it. Unbelieveable. Wheres Heads with his "fuse is lit" line?
-
GT: SEA @ CWS, 4/24, 3:10pm
FIRST KANE/HOSSA.. NOW KONERKO/RIOS!!!
-
GT: SEA @ CWS, 4/24, 3:10pm
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 05:14 PM) Get used to it. This is what you should expect from him. Yes.. 2 singles.. no XBH. That is Juan Pierre baseball.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
HUGE momentum changer in this series. Lets take this last one here boys. Most exciting game by far this series.
-
GT: SEA @ CWS, 4/24, 3:10pm
Can this team at least win 2/3 in a series? Game is not over yet (not to mention we have another tomorrow), but other than Toronto (which we only tied) we have never won a season series that I can think of.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
Sharp JUST missed one off the goal post too. KANER with the clutchness.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
KANE!!!!!
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
Dave Bolland has been terrible this game. Niemi has been bad too though.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 03:02 PM) I'm no hockey expert, but that 2nd goal there wasn't much Niemi could do. Ya that was just an awful play by Kane there.
-
GT: SEA @ CWS, 4/24, 3:10pm
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 01:57 PM) Quentin looks very Dye'ish in RF for a natural right fielder. Just saying. He doesn't look as fluid out there like he did in Arizona. I personally blame it on the shoulder surgery possibly affecting him from diving/running into walls like he used to. He's also a bit bulkier than he was then, but that could also be just me. He was very, very good when he was a prospect and in his brief stint as a D-Back.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 02:46 PM) J'marcus Webb (OT) W Texas A&M Yep. They pass on Washington and Capers. Anyone got a scouting report on him?
-
Pods
QUOTE (Tmar @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 09:10 AM) 1 year, 4 months, 3 weeks, 6 days older. One could also notice how Podsednik has played 896 career games while Pierre has played 1449. Pierre has much more pertinent 'mileage' on him. DAYMN!! Look at the big bad brain on Tim.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 12:55 PM) I wish the Bears would take a flier on Myron Rolle. He or Tony Washington (stuff with his sister has really hurt his stock) I would love the Bears to take. Both have great upside. Both would be great picks in the 7th.
-
Films Thread
QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 03:50 AM) I haven't seen Avatar QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 04:19 AM) I haven't seen it either. Make that 3 of us. Sad thing is, I got the movie here at home and just doesn't excite me to watch it despite the reviews.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
Congrats to Duncan Keith. Norris Trophy finalist (along with Mike Green...yes...Mike Green.. and Drew Doughty) If he doesn't win it, it will be a travesty IMO. Most ice time of ALL of the NHL players (and their top lines with Seabrook) not to mention most ice time in penalty kill (didn't inflate his numbers on the power play like Green) and still put up 69 points. Doughty no doubt will win several of these in the near future though. It really should be Keith in a landslide.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 03:10 AM) He definitely fits the SS mold.. I wasn't trashin your pick, I was just sayin.. Naw I feel where your comming from bro.
-
Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 24, 2010 -> 02:48 AM) Wright had like 2 pass breakups all season and lost his job to a Freshman.. just sayin Ya.. that freshman is Will Hill (top 3 high school safety prospect), who scouts say is as good as Eric Berry RIGHT NOW. God knows what he'll be like 3 years down the line. Plus Hill started the last two games. Wright played the first 14. Imagine if Payne won the SS job for the Bears. Oh the marketing (not to mention the boradcasters) will have a field day of "witty" puns on that one for Wright/Payne. Still think the better potential D. Manning will get it (which suits him as the Bears can finally stop moving him around) and hopefully he won't.. you know.. suck. I would still draft Rob Johnson though as he's more of a pure FS (for depth as well) as I think Wright will be a better SS (Wright already is our best safety right now regardless) but that's just me. Wouldn't mind a OT/DB today though.
-
4/23 Games
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 11:36 PM) Are these supposed to be batting averages? And what does 345 for Thompson imply? I'm pretty sure that is what he meant. Click on the links I provided though to see the numbers. Usually I narrow my post for game threads more, but it was a busy night.
-
4/23 Games
Charlotte lost to Norfolk 5-3 Tillman was very good for them. Harrell: 5 IP 5 H 2 R 2 ER 1 BB 1 SO Flowers: 1-4, HR, 3 RBI, R. Has a 1.027 OPS so far. Already has 6 BB in 42 ABs (10 last year in 105 Abs) so he's settling in nicely this year. Danks: 2-4, 2 Ks Birmingham was down 1-0 in the 4th before the game got suspended. Morel/Gallagher: combined 2-4, 2 2B My team W-S lost 10-8 to Wilmington. Ugly line for Sauer: 4.2 IP 12 H 6 R 6 ER 0 BB 0 SO Corley and Bellamy combined in the pen: 2.2 IP 0 H 1 BB 3 SO Gilmore: 2-5, 2B, R, 2 RBI, K Escobar: 2-5, R, 3 SO K. Williams: 1-2, 2B, R, RBI, BB Shelton: 3-4, R, RBI Kanny won 3-2 in 10 innings against Rome. (Both SP did well for their respected affiliates) Hopps: 6 IP 5 H 1 R 1 ER 2 BB 1 SO O'Neil: 2 IP 2 H 0 R 0 ER 1 BB 2 SO Thompson: 0-3, BB, K Silverio: 1-4, HR, RBI Colligan: 1-4, BB Cheatham: 0-3, R, 2 BB Gac had a night for them.