Blue Jays @ White Sox - 6:05 WGN

Heads22

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2010 -> 11:16 AM)
2-1 Record 1-2

2.61 ERA 6.31

21 K 31

4 BB 21

0.77 WHIP 1.60

Which one is the former NL Cy Young winner and which one is B. Cecil?

The answer is C.

We all know who is who, but JFP looks like he's turned the corner.

In fact, the past couple starts, everyone but Gavin has.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2010 -> 11:16 AM)
2-1 Record 1-2

2.61 ERA 6.31

21 K 31

4 BB 21

0.77 WHIP 1.60

Which one is the former NL Cy Young winner and which one is B. Cecil?

Should we try to trade them straight up for each other? Get it done Kdubbs

An opportunity to gain some ground. Twins lose game one of their DH...

It was good to see Liriano get hit. A Baltimore favored pitching matchup for the nightcap as well. Baker vs. Millwood...

Peavy has admitted to scoreboard watching...he should be all the more juiced tonight with an opportunity to get a little closer to the Twinks...I'm trying to keep it positive.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
An opportunity to gain some ground. Twins lose game one of their DH...

It was good to see Liriano get hit. A Baltimore favored pitching matchup for the nightcap as well. Baker vs. Millwood...

Peavy has admitted to scoreboard watching...he should be all the more juiced tonight with an opportunity to get a little closer to the Twinks...I'm trying to keep it positive.

Why would Kevin Millwood be favored over Scott Baker, pray tell?

You mean the Kevin Millwood of about 5-7 years ago? Then I would happen to agree with you...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Why would Kevin Millwood be favored over Scott Baker, pray tell?

You mean the Kevin Millwood of about 5-7 years ago? Then I would happen to agree with you...

Millwood has actually been pitching well this year. He has gone at least 7.2 innings in 3 of his 6 starts, and hasn't allowed more than 4 earned runs in any start this year. If he can pitch close to the way he has all year, Baltimore should scratch enough runs home vs. Baker.

Edited by jeffro2525

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
But you really think the Orioles are going to come in and win three in a row against MINN on the road?

I would bet against that happening.

Of course, it's baseball, anything is possible, but Baker's not too shabby either.

I guess I shouldn't have said the match-up "favors" Baltimore, but if you looked at the two pitching match-ups coming into the day, the one that REALLY didn't favor Baltimore was Liriano vs. Guthrie...which they have already won.

Teahen has an OPS under .400 against LHP, and not a single lefty batter has a hit against B. Cecil this season. Why the f*** is he in the lineup? 3 lefties in the lineup, AWESOME! We need fewer assholes managing this team, and more people in the organization that better utilize our resources.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Teahen has an OPS under .400 against LHP, and not a single lefty batter has a hit against B. Cecil this season. Why the f*** is he in the lineup? 3 lefties in the lineup, AWESOME! We need fewer assholes managing this team, and more people in the organization that better utilize our resources.

Fathom, you're the greatest! :notworthy

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)

Jesus. Who does Nix have to blow to get into the lineup?

Will there be some kind of betting/gambling scandal with Guillen's family that emerges after this season, because some of his line-ups seem as if we're beginning the game with the deliberate intention to lose it...ALMOST makes me wonder sometimes, what's going through Ozzie's head, playing Teahen against a LHP when Nix has more pop, especially against LHP.