Everything posted by SoxAce
-
5/12 GT - Sox (14-19) @ Min (21-12) - 12:10p CSN
I'm gonna go out and assume this will improve Rios' WAR statistic. *cough..what is it good for..cough*
-
5/12 GT - Sox (14-19) @ Min (21-12) - 12:10p CSN
I'll give Juan Pierre credit. He is trying to make me hate him less. This is one of those game that if Danks can give you 6, you take him out cause he's been battling all day, pitch count be damned. If he is still in by the 7th giving up 10+ hits even with 80 pitches, Ozzie should be fired. RIOS! Holy s***!
-
PTC Wednesday May 12th, 2010
Pierre.
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (knightni @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:00 AM) For me, Wade to Chicago is a better option than LeBron. Even if he isn't as good, there's less trash attitude - possibly cheaper too - plus he'll be back "home". Common agrees. Funny that he agrees with me on 2 of my personal top 3 that I want.
-
5/12 GT - Sox (14-19) @ Min (21-12) - 12:10p CSN
Our best pitcher this season on the mound.... I like our chances.
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!
I literally fainted when Juan Pierre got that XBH. LITERALLY. Also can't believe we won a game WITHOUT the long ball.
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 11, 2010 -> 10:13 PM) Haha home game. Thank you.
-
5/11 games
Eduardo Escobar quietly has put up a great month of May that is being overshadowed by Short's unconscious hitting. My boy Nate Jones is struggling this month.
-
2010 Masters Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ May 11, 2010 -> 09:30 PM) It just sounds like Tiger is broken down physically and mentally right now. Don't care what his private life is or was, he is still the best golfer ever and is still young. I hope he gets everything straight. He can never touch a golf club again and will be considered the greatest golfer ever.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
One year to the same day the Canucks were eliminated by us, they are eliminated on the same day this year. Blackhawks vs. Sharks. Should be another fun series.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
Kane PWNS Luongo.
-
NBA playoffs thread
That might have been LeBron's last game in a Cavs uniform.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
Sox win. Hawks kicking ass. Great day.
-
Would it be better for the organization to get swept by the twins?
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 11, 2010 -> 03:28 PM) Don't forget the intangible in Ozzie. His lineup and bullpen decisions are bewildering at best. I've counted 3 games alone he has cost us.
-
Sox sign Jerry Krause
QUOTE (chisox2334 @ May 11, 2010 -> 03:16 PM) i believe this happened awhile ago. Yep. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76898
-
Would it be better for the organization to get swept by the twins?
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 11, 2010 -> 04:06 PM) I didn't even mention Rios because he isn't tradeable. He falls similarly into the Peavy/Buehrle/etc mode where any value you'd get for the player is off-set by the fact that he has a significant long-term contract and while he is playing great this year, I don't see any team willing to take on that contract and give us quality chips. Which is why I said earlier the sox shouldn't go on a full firesale. If worst comes to worst, you trade guys like A.J., Konerko, Jenks, Pierre (for a bag of balls really), Putz, Jones etc.. insert the youth to perhaps light a fire (Flowers, Hudson, possibly Danks 2, couple of young bullpen arms, etc..) but still keep the core in tact. (Buehrle, Floyd, Peavy, Danks, Rios, Beckham, Quentin, etc..) and see if you can still make a run at this thing, perhaps catch some breaks or just go nuts while having fun (ala Rockies/Indians/Astros, etc..)
-
Who would you most like to go after?
I'm talking realistically and/or just for the future. Alex Gordon Kila Ka'aihue Pedro Beato Troy Patton Jeremy Hellickson/Jake McGee Steven Pearce Gregor Blanco (though I'm not that big of a fan as I used to be)
-
Would it be better for the organization to get swept by the twins?
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 11, 2010 -> 03:49 PM) Leave it to the mods to call out people for stepping over the line. The mods suck however.
-
5/11 GT Sox (13-19) @ Min (21-11) - 7:10 WCIU/Mediacom in IA
QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 11, 2010 -> 03:39 PM) Beckham's hitting 8th. Ah my mistake. I quickly glaced at the top and saw Garcia and for some reason thought that was a hitter.
-
Would it be better for the organization to get swept by the twins?
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 11, 2010 -> 03:39 PM) Well yeah. That's why you wait until the month of July to sell off parts even if you're in sell mode. Every once in a rare while, a team might surprise you. Not to mention they (Yankees) better had made the playoffs with that offense and SP they had at the time. (I think only their bullpen was questionable) Wasn't Torre managing them as well that year? He is the definition of calm, cool and collective. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 11, 2010 -> 03:40 PM) So as much as it might sound cliche, I believe that this team has talent and will be better. That doesn't mean there aren't holes that won't continue to be holes, but right now there is a s***load of holes, most of which will go away (for example..Jake Peavy is not a hole). No doubt.
-
5/11 GT Sox (13-19) @ Min (21-11) - 7:10 WCIU/Mediacom in IA
I for one am glad Gordon is moving down (interesting it is at the 8th spot). I personally would have put Alexei 2nd (well... Rios was my first choice, but he is raking at the 5th spot so I understand it) only because he was actually pretty successful there last season, and this will perhaps give him more plate discipline (see more pitches) since he has all of a sudden swinging at everything like he used to his rookie year.
-
Would it be better for the organization to get swept by the twins?
QUOTE (spiderman @ May 11, 2010 -> 03:28 PM) I do agree that this team has some very good players - but there are also some gaping holes, particularly in the everyday lineup that make me doubt that this team will consistently score enough runs this season to overcome the hole it has dug. Agreed 100% which is why I would love to see some youth on this team to perhaps light a fire or/and for KW to make solid trades for now and the future. Guys like Flowers (OPS/OBP) Hudson, maybe D2 and some trades like for Gordon (3B, potential) Kila (1B/OBP) or a guy in the OF perhaps with good OBP potential would be beneficial. I just can't for the life of me take a team seriously when you have juan Pierre leading off for you, and I've ripped him since the trade was made so I've been consistent with it. I still think Quentin, Beckham, Peavy, Floyd (please put Danks ahead of Floyd so he won't go back to back with Peavy Coop/Ozzie) etc.. will be fine.
-
PTC Tuesday May 11th, 2010
Konerko.
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 11, 2010 -> 02:39 PM) I don't think Sami Salo is on the level of drastically changing a gameplan, so I would disagree with you. Agreed. If anything that would help the Hawks play more simple cause of it. His "ruptured testicle", also wasn't as serious as reported supposedly.
-
2010 Cubs Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 11, 2010 -> 02:23 PM) Well I didnt say he will never have the glove, just saying he looked like s*** for someone who is supposed to be MLB ready with that attribute. I havent seen thge lazy double in quite some time. I don't think it was laziness, more-so him pouting cause he made an error, and of course made a cardinal sin for not being alert. (though you have to give credit to Hanley for recognizing it as well) Any rookie will have those days. (hell we saw that before with Beckham last year) He still has some solid range at his position not to mention I am very impressed by his plate discipline. (night and day already better than Soriano for example) Like I said before if the sox were to trade Alexei + whomever the Cubs need(s) to get Castro to pair with Beckham for the playoff stretch (or should I say "try" for the Cubs perspective), I would do it.