Everything posted by fathom
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
A few insiders knew Dunning had been traded, but they didn’t know the other team involved.
-
Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option
Possibly 4-5 million more
-
Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option
Any chance it’s a case of Nationals being bad at positioning? Harper was rated terribly there and went to Phillies his first year and was good I believe
-
Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option
Hahn talk for something to happen soon
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
If he insists on two year deal, what do you do about Vaughn?
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
By no means am I excusing them being cheap, but if Brantley gets 2/30, that would not have made sense for the Sox
-
Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option
It is 7
-
Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option
Like I’ve said, he wouldn’t have been ideal due to his defense in RF.
-
MLB Winter Meetings Thread
I don’t think the meetings being over will speed/slow things up much at all. Not like anything virtually changes.
-
Nomar Mazara vs Adam Eaton (2020)
Personally I thought his jumps off the bat in 2016 were the best I have ever seen from a Sox RF
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Do they not encourage reading in Nashville?
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Yep what about it?
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Mets interested in Liam https://sny.tv/articles/fans-clamor-for-george-springer-trevor-bauer-j-t-realmuto-but-there-are-other-good-ways-to-spend-steve-cohen-s-money
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Seems to me like an editorial and not sourced
-
Reinsdorf and Hahn: what happened?
30 million for 3 guys over a year span is a lot different that 150 million over 5 years. Jerry doesn’t care for long term deals. Remember when Bruce used to say he wouldn’t go more than 3 years for the outfield group they went after? We don’t even know if Jerry believes in opt outs anymore
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Right around the time they were supposedly going to promote him, Edwin had a good game or two. That’s what most likely prevented it.
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Seems like a bandwagon fan to me
-
Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option
Gonna hate it even more when Leury is playing too much also with them
-
Old: Mega Hendriks Speculation Thread
Does Hendriks do that for other players/teams? He might just be a serial liker
-
Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option
Who would you have gone after
-
Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option
2
-
Hot Stove Closer Talk
Just like with McCann, these guys want the marquee role. Colome will go somewhere he can close if the Sox sign Hendriks.
-
Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option
The Sox wanted a lefty hitting RF that could make contact against the Indians tough righties. It’s not the approach I would have chosen though.
-
DH in the NL discussion
As much as I would like this, then what do you do about Vaughn the next two years?
-
Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option
But who are these other teams spending a ton of money? I’m sure the Sox made less money in 2020 than they projected, and that’s hurt the 2021 budget. It sucks Jerry is such a crappy owner, I agree though. Yes Eaton was the cheap option.