Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fathom

Members

Everything posted by fathom

  1. Freaking pathetic
  2. Yes, and he’s not very good.
  3. They were definitely of the impression that they could be in the wild card hunt at the ASB. They thought Cease would be an upgrade.
  4. Leury is a utility player. He’s been exposed this year given his workload. He went 4 weeks with only 1 walk as a leadoff hitter. His OPS has also plummeted well under .700 before yesterday. Sometimes I don’t think people realize just how loaded the lineups are of good teams.
  5. Watching a lot of Pirates games, us Sox fans would HATE Polanco. He’s just not good and makes a lot of dumb decisions on the field. Given his injury issues, he’s another person that shouldn’t be considered.
  6. Gordon absolutely won’t extend his career playing for a possible non-contender if it’s not in KC. I think he’s KC or bust and want nothing to do with him.
  7. Clevinger is just about the best pitcher in the AL, this should be fun
  8. They’ve shown no creativity the 2nd half of the year. A part of me thinks they got their hopes up they could compete after a solid first half, and that caused them to spend another month or so trying to win games instead of develop guys like Collins.
  9. You mean give Mercedes a chance instead of a retread in Skole? I’m sure they will also try to make Covey a starter instead of seeing if he can make it as an Opener.
  10. Cease and more for Gallo
  11. They will revert him back to his minor league swing!
  12. I have a feeling Mazara is their guy.
  13. No, he’s just not a quality hitter
  14. Yep, isn’t the point of having cheap, controllable players is that you have room in the budget for upgrades? I get that people get attached to our prospects, but I don’t see any true difference makers outside of Yoan and Robert. I believe we’re two strong outside hitters away from having a quality lineup.
  15. Sure there is against LHP. Instead we will see Castillo and McCann both playing.
  16. Why is that? Given what we’ve seen, couldn’t that have just been the anomaly?
  17. He hasn’t been as horrible in that aspect as he has actual range on balls hit to him.
  18. I’m the opposite, I want a big gun outside of the organization to provide some power.
  19. Sure, but watching him play every game, the majority of his errors have been on routine plays.
  20. fathom replied to Buehrle>Wood's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Anyone saying it’s been a bad year for the rebuild is insane. Coming into the season, these were the following players that really mattered going forward.... Moncada, Robert, Eloy, Giolito, Lopez, Cease, Robert, Madrigal Of that group, 5 of them have had great years and 3 have underachieved. That’s not bad considering how uncertain these talents were. I’m more concerned about the coaching in this organization than the talent right now.
  21. Yep definitely better than expected. Eloy is worse IMO due to his noodle arm. The more I watch other teams, the more I realize how bad McCann and Castillo are at framing.
  22. Yeah I feel I’m watching a different game than others. I’ve never watched him and thought “omg, his arm is incredible”. I still think it would do wonders for him to learn how to do the old Rey Ordonez slide and throw.
  23. Banuelos is Spanish for “pitching machine”
  24. Rather see Mercedes get some at bats. Truly no reason we should ever see Castillo and Skole after tonight.
  25. Jay will go to 60 day

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.