Everything posted by Soxfest
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
The New York Yankees offer Brian N. Anderson CF-27 (80) Bobby Livingston SP-26 (71++) Zach Britton SP-21 (69++) Michael Main SP-20 (73+) $5,000,000 to the Atlanta Braves for Kris Medlen RP-23 (76+++)
-
2012-2013 MLB off season tracker thread
Cubs keep spending money on starters................thought they would wait 1 more year to start spending again.
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
The Baltimore Pickled Horse Dicks offer Chase D'Arnaud SS-22 (54++) Bobby Livingston SP-26 (71+) Gio Gonzalez SP-23 (72++) Zach Britton SP-21 (70+) to the New York Yankees for Mark Teixeira 1B-28 (87) Clayton Kershaw SP-21 (81+)
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 02:48 PM) Yes, chicago fans boo more than KC fans have booed their home team. Or the Jets. Or Philly. More than Philly no way!
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,7747007.story Briggs piles on fans
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
The Texas Rangers offer Justin Smoak 1B-22 (63+) Ted Lilly SP-33 (72+) [14] Michael Main SP-20 (73+) Martin Perez SP-18 (69+) to the for C.C. Sabathia SP-28 (93) That should be the end the Yankees trading away BIG contracts
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
QUOTE (infallable @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 10:47 AM) What overall rating does everyone see for John Bowker of the Giants? Because I'm baffled. 95 rating...................STUD
-
AJ will not return to Sox
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 07:23 PM) According to Phil Rogers, the Sox are offering AJ one year $4 million. They obviously don't particularly care if he comes back. 2 mil too much
-
AJ will not return to Sox
QUOTE (forrestg @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 10:20 PM) How cheap is damn cheap. I am not a fan of his when it comes to throwing out base stealer but without that man we would be in the same predicament as the Cubs still waiting for a world series championship. We as sox fans have to pay a little respect to him. The allegiance of Aj to the managers, management, players fans should not be understated. Watching him in spring training with Ozzie etc will make you value him more. I would not be surpised if he does resign with the sox and whatever he receives I won't complain because he desrves it and it is not coming out of my pocket. Like 2 mil......................... 1 yr deal tops
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
Flair was the man in the 80's.................just fantastic.
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 01:33 PM) Salary dump for Yankees. The Chicago White Sox offer Brian N. Anderson CF-27 (80) $2,000,000 to the New York Yankees for Mariano Rivera RP-39 (91) Ditto getting Yankee payroll down is a real pain!
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 02:07 AM) The only problem there is that teams like KC, BAL, TB, MIN will never be able to compete with you. Right now you are projected to make $272M. The Rays and Royals are projected to make less than $90. You are making 3x as much money as them, and will be able to sign pretty much any FA you want. With what I am doing now, by allowing UNequal cities for 1 or MAYBE 2 season, you will save up enough money to be able to pay your players. There is no doubt you will need to make some trades to shed some payroll, but that's a lot better situation than having the rest of the league not be able to compete with you on a free agent. Free Agents in this game don't value anything but money in the offseason. There is no "not wanting to play in NY" or not wanting media hype. This is straight business, and you will win every time. Looking at your contracts, you have almost $28M coming off the books this offseason, and you are in line to make over $50M in profits to go along with your $30M in current cash. So that's over $100M swing right there. Make some trades, especially of A-Rod, if you can, and you will be fine as long as you save your money. I disagree I am 12-13 with all the money spent..............money does not make me a instant winner.
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 01:15 AM) Ok, so I have noticed because I checked the "Equalize cities" button, which makes everyone's economy and city the exact same in terms of population and financial backing, teams like the Yankees and Red Sox and Angels are $50-100M over payroll. These teams have huge contracts and can't possibly make money. So for this season, and MAYBE next season, depending on how the finances look, I am going to UNCHECK that "equalize cities" button. This means the Yankees, for instance, will be able to pull in $230+M in revenue instead of like $90M. So they will actually be able to cover their payroll. So this means that those teams like the Yankees and Angels who have massive payrolls need to SAVE money, not spend that extra cash, because once I turn EQUALIZE CITIES back on, then you will be in the same terrible situation of losing $100M a year. What I am also going to do is give everyone 10% of their payroll back to them in CASH. This is for the benefit of those teams with massive payrolls, but also it's some cash to everyone. ENJOY! The equalize cities button should not be used IMO. Yankees right now with guys signed for 4 plus year contracts will be over 90 million with about 7 players. There is no way I can make a team work for years with these massive contracts. I took a big market team and my revenue will be way more than say Detroit. This is how MLB works and this league should be the same way. My 2009 revenue is projected over 270 mil.............I should be able to spend it.............to make it 90 mil ONLY to spend is not going to cut it.
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
I want Posada gone..................Yankees
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:42 PM) Heh, kind of figured you would want to let A-Rod go, and then try to sign him for cheaper or something. With my team over budget it will not let me sign anyone or I would do that. The New York Yankees offer Philip Hughes SP-22 (75) Ian Kennedy SP-24 (75) Eric Hacker SP-26 (72+) Humberto Sanchez SP-25 (74) Jonathon Niese SP-22 (74) to the Philadelphia Phillies for Brett Myers SP-28 (82) The New York Yankees offer Edwar Ramirez RP-28 (72++) Ryan Pope SP-22 (74++) Dellin Betances SP-21 (69++) to the Seattle Mariners for Michael Pineda SP-19 (74++)
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:36 PM) Oh, and speaking of bad contracts. I am thinking about doing what my old league did, and offer amnesty of 1 player from every team. So everyone would get to chose 1 player on their team that they would get to release FOR FREE. If others are interested in this, I will allow for people to give me the name of 1 player, and I'll remove them and place them in Free Agency. This shall be called, The Jason Bay Clause. I like that idea..........Posada would be the Yankees guy
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 17, 2012 -> 04:01 PM) Well s***, thanks for trading Eric Duncan, Soxfest. lol. I was about to make an offer to you for him. The Chicago White Sox offer Jerry Owens OF-28 (72) Danny Valencia 3B-24 (70++) Brandon Allen 1B-23 (65) Eduardo Escobar IF-20 (53++) Aaron Poreda SP-22 (65+) to the Florida Marlins for Eric Duncan 3B-24 (65++++) Worked out for both of us. LOL The New York Yankees offer Doug Bernier IF-28 (75) Kevin Cash C-31 (65+) Justin Leone 3B-31 (72) Chris Garcia SP-23 (74) to the New York Mets for Jonathon Niese SP-22 (74)
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
The New York Yankees offer Eric Duncan 3B-24 (69+++) Jesus Montero C-17 (69+) to the Florida Marlins for Logan Morrison 1B-21 (63++)
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
Yankees have many veterans available. The New York Yankees offer Todd Linden OF-28 (75) Kyle Anson C-23 (72+) Angel Reyes RP-22 (73+) to the Cleveland Indians for Carlos Santana C-21 (76++) The New York Yankees offer John Rodriguez LF-31 (75) Francisco Cervelli C-23 (74+) José Martinez IF-19 (74++) to the San Francisco Giants for Buster Posey C-22 (69+)
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
The New York Yankees offer Chien-Ming Wang SP-29 (79) Joba Chamberlain SP-23 (71++) Sergio Mitre SP-28 (76) $3,000,000 to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Clayton Kershaw SP-21 (71++) The New York Yankees offer Brian Bruney RP-27 (76+) David Robertson RP-23 (76) Arodys Vizcaino SP-18 (64+++) to the Washington Nationals for Joel Hanrahan RP-27 (82) The New York Yankees offer Austin Jackson CF-22 (69++) Austin Romine C-20 (74) to the Atlanta Braves for Jason Heyward LF-19 (64+) The New York Yankees offer Dan Giese RP-31 (75+) David Phelps SP-22 (71+) to the Chicago Cubs for Starlin Castro SS-19 (69+)
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
I vote Option #3
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 07:44 PM) Anyone else in favor of just starting this thing tonight, to get it underway? Minimum requirement needed to begin any league is 5. We currently have 6 in the league, and 7 said they would play (Waiting for Juddling to claim his team), and I am fairly certain of 1 or 2 more that are said they would play, but haven't committed yet. Thoughts? Start it up.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 05:02 PM) Something tells me Lovie will still find a way to get extended. 1-7 last 8 vs GB.................chance to miss playoffs 5 of 6 years.............he will not be extended.
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 04:42 PM) Yeah, the only reason I was requesting people to give an NL alternative as in the event we had 15 or 16 people sign up right away, but since participation has been slow so far, I doubt it will matter. HOWEVER, I have plans for what we might do with those NL teams, so I still want pick to chose an alternative NL team as well. Ok make sense.
-
Baseball Manager Online (Soxtalk League)
Do not think it will let you manage 2 teams.