Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. MLB has less control over their officials than any other major sport and it's a problem. I'm a union guy for the most part but the Ump's union is too strong and has been for all of my baseball watching life. It's not the umpires' sport and sometimes you get the impression they think it is.
  2. I'm calling up Ken Griffey Jr, Frank, Greg Maddox, Ozzie and Jackie's grandkids as we speak. We are forming a blue ribbon panel! It's going to make the Seattle City council's famous "environmental review" process look like a Jimmy John's delivery. We'll deliver our recommendation in 2025.
  3. That would have been fine as well. When in doubt, sometimes the best thing to do is just nothing. Inaction is not inherently bad. But they've managed to do this in the worst way possible, and again is anybody surprised?
  4. Bingo. They could have easily won the day here by releasing a statement like this: "It's come to our attention that during an emotional moment Tim Anderson used language that we would like to see removed from the playing field. That said we respect the cultural nuances of his words and the passion he plays with. We are forming a committee to inform our policy going forward and no further disciplinary action will be taken at this time". Anybody need a PR flack? I'm bored at my current job.
  5. That shit is easy, any two bit PR firm could celebrate JR without screwing it up. This situation is much more subtle and no, it's not at all surprising that the idiots that run MLB are badly out of touch.
  6. Thankfully the vast majority of people on Twitter are on Tim's side.
  7. The why can [historically oppressed group] say something but I can't?" crowd is a real winner. Context you mouth breathers.
  8. yes the venn diagram on that has quite the overlap.
  9. Exactly. The NFL was concerned about protecting the shield and their largely red neck ass fanbase getting offended. It was for optics. This had nothing to with optics for MLB, which, ha, I guess they are finding out.
  10. LOL, MAGA idiots on twitter trying to act like a black guy calling a white guy the word is the same as the reverse. Litmus test for common sense and MLB failed this one.
  11. Well yea, and context here is critical, TA using AA vernacular to call a white guy a "n_gga" is the height of over-reaction.
  12. I don't mind it, it's part of their culture in a way I'll never understand because I wasn't born black. If they want to reclaim the word it literally doesn't affect me one iota. MLB is so out of touch it's incredible, they are actively pushing AAs away from their game.
  13. Great job MLB you've managed to look stuffier and more out of touch than pro golf this week. Great job!
  14. Yikes, as mentioned heard this countless times from black guys on the courts in brooklyn, no white guy or mexican or chinese guy (Sunset Park courts, very diverse) ever did much of anything except laugh or play on. It has zero affect because you know we aren't black. MLB is laughably out of touch with 2019.
  15. lol, so something I heard on the baskeball courts in brooklyn almost every game between all races and that somehow never led to anything more than words. Good lord MLB is up there own ass and cant' get of their own way.
  16. According to what I'm seeing on Twitter, Schwarber charged the umpire the other day screaming "fuck you, fuck you" and MLB did nothing. Glad to know that physical intimidation coupled with verbal threats is OK.
  17. Anderson now trending worldwide on Twitter, hell this might be the most exciting thing that happens all year.
  18. Problem with MLB is that they think protecting Joe West is more important to the sport than spotlighting talent and letting an emerging star show out.
  19. Not sure the NFL and NBA could field a roster most games if the refs suspended black guys for dropping a N____a" once and awhile in the course of play.
  20. Did he drop a soft "A" N-Word? Come on. Or maybe "cracker"? WTF man. Did he insult a Latin guy?
  21. I'm not kidding when I say I've watched this video 20-30 times and I LMAO every fucking time when Thor drops the deadpan "I was trying to throw a fuckin' fastball" when it was 10 feet wide. It's just so perfect, everything about it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.