chitownsportsfan
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT
Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
HOF stuff, Independent league ankles.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
Unfuckingreal. A rolled fucking ankle.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
He's fine he just rolled his ankle.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
Figures. Fix the fucking mound.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
that's cool, I mentioned I tried out for a hardball league out here, I had a great time at the tryout and made a team but the entry fee was $1200 and it was basically to weed out anybody that couldn't show up 30 times in a three months for the games. Being an adult kinda sucks. Honestly not sure how some dads (and moms) do it with full time job, coaching little league and so forth. I have no kids and work about 50 hours a week. I am exhausted most nights when I get home and all I want to do is drink a few pops and relax before I have to do it all over again. My pops man, he would go straight from work to the little league games.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
You can see it, but consistency obviously is key.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
Meatball and he popped it up, bummer.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
Does he have "HOF stuff" today?
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
Nice to see a smile on Gio's face.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
Nasty stuff today.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
I think it was Shakespeare that said puns were the most base form of humor.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
Nice break and play by Eloy. Looks like he's getting a little more comfy in LF.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
His changeup is sick today.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
Jose sure is pounding the ball into the ground so far. Rolling over constantly on fastballs.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
lol at Jason, what a goofball.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
Impressive stuff out of the stretch today.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
What happened to the blonds behind the plate? Back to the usual bums.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
That is possibly the best change he's ever threw from the stretch in MLB. Wow.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
95 on the heater with movement? That's excellent.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
Looks like a nice day the park. I'm jealous. Seattle has remembered it's April and is 55 and rainy again. We were in the 70s with sun for most of the first part of the month.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
Yea I get that. My posts have a completely different tenor late night after a few pops or if I'm having a shitty day at the office during the game, which happens as a west coast fan when the games are often on during the work day.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
Jack you're a bit of a nut (in a good way) and you're a dedicated fan I like that.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
It's a little over blown by casual fans but I get it. It's stupid seeing Jose at the three spot until the end of time.
-
4/17 1:10 pm - White Sox v. Royals (Giolito v. Keller)
As long as Jose is sharpie'd in at #3 every day and Yonder #4 (but why?) there's going to be some issues. Jose is not a front line hitter anymore but not that the Sox or Ricky would admit and move him down to 5th or 6th. Lineup construction doesn't really matter that much (something like maybe 10 runs from optimal to sub optimal over the course of a season, so 1 win basically) but it's still frustrating to see Jose and Yonder 3 and 4 when the Sox have better options. At least they have Moncada at the 2 slot, which is where I think he profiles for the next decade. I'd love to see them drop Jose to 6th, move Yonder to 3rd, Eloy to 4th and TA to 5th. Eloy is going to hit cleanup for the next 8+ years here, might as well start him now. He can handle it, he's the Besssssssssssss.
-
THE MENDOZA LINE
How about this for the def of replacement: In 449 PA last year he was worth .7fWAR, in 39 PA this year he's been worth -.7fWAR. Just move on already, the book is out on him and he's got zero upside short or long term for the Sox. Time to try somebody else.