3 hours ago3 hr Gavin Williams vs TBD. Gavin with a 3.98 ERA and 1.23 WHIP vs the Sox in 20.1 IP this year. Go Sox! Edited 3 hours ago3 hr by ron883
3 hours ago3 hr Venable: "Burke will play a role Monday ."Will has officially reached Arteta level of mind games.
2 hours ago2 hr crazy that White Sox hitters have a sub .700 OPS as a team through three straight wire to wire victories. It seems like we’ve been pounding the ball. Pitching has really been magnificent.
2 hours ago2 hr 12 minutes ago, ron883 said:Lived right around the corner from him when he got out of prison. Always made small chit chat when we’d run into each other. Brought some beer to an outdoor covid party.
1 hour ago1 hr Author 16 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:We are riding Ron game threads into the ALCSWith how I've performed, I'm making another gamethread even if they lose one. Gotta ride the hot hand.
1 hour ago1 hr 49 minutes ago, ron883 said:Rod is a lifelong Cubs fan. The Pope is converting everyone.
1 hour ago1 hr Anthony Kay getting the nod is another great call by Venable. He dominates lefties and is 1-0 with a 1.35 ERA against the Guardians in 4 games / 20 innings pitched. I actually prefer leaving Davis Martin out of this series if possible, as even though his ERA is good the Guardians are hitting .324 off of him.
1 hour ago1 hr 13 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:not sure I agree, but hard to critique will much right now. players have executed his plans, keep it up all around.
1 hour ago1 hr 7 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:Anthony Kay getting the nod is another great call by Venable. He dominates lefties and is 1-0 with a 1.35 ERA against the Guardians in 4 games / 20 innings pitched. I actually prefer leaving Davis Martin out of this series if possible, as even though his ERA is good the Guardians are hitting .324 off of him.Yeah Kay has actually been good against the Guardians. I think it was between him and Newcomb. I would have preferred Newcomb, but maybe they plan on using him in the later innings with Taylor maybe not available for a long outing.
46 minutes ago46 min Kay pitched well against the Guardians. The arm angle and him being a lefty make it tough. I think the idea is for Kay to open and then for Burke to be the bulk reliever
43 minutes ago43 min Davis needs as much rest as possible given the injury he's been dealing with all year.
27 minutes ago27 min I'm fine with Kay starting. Would like to see him not starting every hitter 3-0, however. Edited 27 minutes ago27 min by PaleAleSox
17 minutes ago17 min 25 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:Davis needs as much rest as possible given the injury he's been dealing with all year.I think he goes game 3.
9 minutes ago9 min 7 minutes ago, chw42 said:I think he goes game 3.I think we see game 1 repeated for game 3.
8 minutes ago8 min 8 minutes ago, chw42 said:I think he goes game 3.highly doubt it. they clearly have zero trust in him right now. he's the mopup guy at this point.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.