chitownsportsfan
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: People thought I was crazy, but not so much anymore
Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
If you're a Bulls fan you're already ready to go over the edge. If they don't get this done, given the last decade of futility I'm leaping headfirst into apathy and cynicism. In fact, other members can hope the apathy gets me so that my posts won't litter the board. It's gonna be like a Shields game day thread turned to 11 when I'm around.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
meh. have some courage in your convictions and source(s). if he really has inside info like that then say like "based on that it appears Chicago is the heavy favorite and another team will have to pull a last minute upset..." "it may or may not happen" is chickenshit.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
so the deal could happen or it couldn't? God damn I need a twitter.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Yea then you remember you're a sox fan.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Houses are mostly fungible. Not the case here. There is no player that is even 50% as good as Manny that plays a massive position of need as a backup plan. Getting him to sign quickly before someone else can rethink things isn't the worst strategy.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
well that's a meaningless tautology if I've seen it. Replace "JR's company" with "White Sox"...come on.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
tenemos que tener paciencia mi amigos.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
at some point in this saga Hamlet will be typed out in a thread.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Sounds like a kid oriented water park.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
ever heard of pot odds? they'd be stupid to invest all that and fold.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
He just deactivated. You have 30 days to reactivate. Dan's problem, again, is taking the Internet as Serious Business.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
what you don't appreciate that he replaced "utility player" with "versatile player around the infield" -- that's the sort of Shakespearean prose you can only get from Dan Clark's Twitter.
-
Board Rules - A refresher
SS2K I was the one that laughed at that post. As for the ratings, what do I know I am now the owner of the "dumbest take in Soxtalk history"!
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Yes he has. I think he's being a bit too stubborn here (there is no org a 5-6 WAR IF doesn't fit, at almost any price in today's financial environment) but I commend him for having a philosophy and sticking to it. He seems absolutely intent on running the Yankees almost like a richer version of the Cardinals. Focus on scouting, development and precision FA signings at the right price. Might be handcuffing himself a bit but it's also quite low risk. If shit doesn't work out they can always just spend some money.
-
Board Rules - A refresher
I'd just like to reiterate that the anon Internet Points is dumb and encourages passive aggressiveness. Just my opinion.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Quite a few people have gained notoriety for themselves off this. And it won't matter if they bluffed or not. It's a sad commentary on the age we live in imo. We lowered the barriers to spreading information and are reaping what we sowed.
-
One more reason to dislike Trevor Bauer
For underage and stuck in a peer group not of their choosing HS students yes I agree. For a 21 year college student involved in a war with an athlete's sycophants? Another thing entirely. Anyways, I've made my thoughts known.
-
One more reason to dislike Trevor Bauer
You take the Internet way too seriously. Are you like 17? edit: take my own advice
-
One more reason to dislike Trevor Bauer
lol. Internet bullying isn't real bruh. She got dogpiled for stupid ass takes. If she can't handle the heat she can, uh, walk outside? WTF is wrong with some people. Call the cops? They would laugh just like I am and tell her to turn off her notifications or delete her twitter. Remember folks, remember this at all times when you're posting online: The. Internet. Is. Not. Serious. Business. If this shit is affecting you in real life step way from the screen.
-
One more reason to dislike Trevor Bauer
lol. Internet bullying isn't real bruh. She got dogpiled for stupid ass takes. If she can't handle the heat she can, uh, walk outside? WTF is wrong with some people.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
If he does that they should kick him out of the union. Taking less money in a offseason where teams are obviously penny pinching and girding their loins? Yea, this labor fight is gonna be UGLY.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
SSS is a dumpster fire. Nobody wants to work for SB Nation.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
Go ahead Hahn, justify the signings on a non Manny basis then. Please.
-
Machado signs with Padres 10/300
- One more reason to dislike Trevor Bauer
She's a moron. Someone should let her know all she has to do to end the "vicious harassment" is log off the internet and delete her twitter. Some of these younger millenials are brain dead imo and no I am not a right winger far from it. - One more reason to dislike Trevor Bauer