Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. Those swings from Escobar and Gordon -- wow. I'd be pissed if I was a Royals fan. Make Covey throw strikes, those weren't even close to strikes.
  2. QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 07:32 PM) How is Alex Avila awesome now? healthy and put the concussions behind him it looks.
  3. How is every hitter getting jammed by this guy?
  4. even the royals can hammer this bum. There's that s***ty breaking ball I was mentioning.
  5. QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 07:15 PM) Covey is just not good. So many rec projects or rule 5 flyers they could have gone with ahead of him. I will keep saying it but I saw him in spring and he didn't even look like he'd have much success in AAA. Was sitting 89-91 with a flat breaking ball and a change that didn't look that much different from his fastball. At least he defends the position I guess!
  6. QUOTE (reiks12 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 07:14 PM) Idiot Covey going to get one of our guys hurt he just sucks. Why did the Sox spend a rule 5 pick on this guy?
  7. Sinkerballer that can't keep the ball down, that's ... a bad combo.
  8. QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 03:16 PM) These are great days we're living bros So far the season has been more fun than I thought it would be.
  9. If they add Robert they will really be cooking on this rebuild.
  10. If KC can't hit this guy well they should just relegate themselves to AAA this year. That said, I'm excited for this game, another chance to see Davidson against a LHP. Leury Garcia is also impressing me I hope he keeps starting in CF. I never saw him as anything but a 25th man but maybe he can be a decent 4th OF or even part time starter.
  11. If nothing else, he looks like a useful bench bat going forward that can play 1B/3B/DH and hit lefties well enough to justify keeping him around. He has impressive power to all fields and he appears to have a good approach right now as well.
  12. Avi has now passed the 70 PA threshold for K rate. He's at 23.5%. A good sign but he needs to continue to hit for power. His iso is dropping quickly and if you normalize his BABIP down to a more reasonable .340 instead of .457 his slash line goes down basically to his career stats. Frankly, looking at his stats this week, I don't see much room for optimism that he has really turned a corner. That said, defensively he's been mediocre so far, instead of god awful, so that's a bonus.
  13. QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 11:48 AM) People need to stop replying to Greg. I have him on ignore but when you reply to him I read his posts because they appear in your response. He's going from 70% trolling to 99% trolling.
  14. QUOTE (ecupittfan @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 09:39 AM) Even more of a reason not to like him. Olberman is like nails on a chalkboard and as arrogant as they come. My biggest issue with Benetti is he needs to quit being so corny with silly jokes. A couple during the broadcast is OK but there are way too many. He is OK but not a fan at all yet. I agree, and he doesn't do that when he's on ESPN for CBB. I don't mind Jason, he's better than Hawk (who isn't at this point) but he's got room to improve.
  15. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2017 -> 08:22 AM) There are a lot of small sample sizes so far, but the Sox pitching to this point has been A+ as a team. Q is the only one who really is pitching below his level, and it is my guess that a lot of that is from off-field distractions more than anything else. defense has been nails as well: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/who-need...leaders-in-era/
  16. someone tell this team they are supposed to suck.
  17. TA is fun to watch in the field. Reminds me quite a bit of prime Alexei really.
  18. RHB might want to sit changeup down in the count.
  19. Jose's bat coming around some. Soft broken bat RBI single but he'll take it I'm sure.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.