Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Opening Day 4/4/2017 - White Sox vs Tigers
are you kidding me?
-
Opening Day 4/4/2017 - White Sox vs Tigers
Benetti is annoying me already.
-
Opening Day 4/4/2017 - White Sox vs Tigers
Good start!
-
Opening Day 4/4/2017 - White Sox vs Tigers
Cabby woofing already?
-
Opening Day 4/4/2017 - White Sox vs Tigers
Q's got good stuff today so far. Painting the corners with this fastball as usual.
-
Opening Day 4/4/2017 - White Sox vs Tigers
The Melkman never makes it look easy, ha.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 06:47 PM) I pointed this out earlier, but what's the difference between the first week of April and the second or third? Not much. It's a good thing they schedule teams that are coming back. If the Pirates got weathered out in Boston, then it would cause more problems. I'm honestly surprised somebody has created and marketed a floating tarp held up by a swarm of drones for situations like this.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
Twins just kicked the Royals' ass. Nice.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 06:42 PM) Not even sure why the MLB does this crap. There's not enough decent climate/domed stadium teams to spread things out the first few weeks in April?...no...let's have San Diego and LA Dodger play...SF and AZ...LA Angels/A's...Chicago/Detroit...geezus. Yea I don't get it either. I'd be fine even doing interleague, just go somewhere warmer and drier than Chicago first week of April.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 05:11 PM) Thanks white sox for downgrading my premium game seats to a non premium game seat. "thanks for coming out for a 70 win team on opening day, here, take this other non premium voucher instead" One thing about JR, and it makes me wonder if he's even tuned in anymore -- s*** like this didn't happen very often under his watch. He was good like that for the fans.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
Well, some days it rains I guess.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 05:15 PM) No one forced you to show up when the forecast was sh** all along. No sure what you expected. They obviously want to get the game in if possible on OD. as of now it looks like they wanted to get the paid promotion in more than play a ballgame. Could change of course.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
White Sox Baseball: we're all out.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:39 PM) I don't disagree, you just get so outraged by the littlest things. Yea I'm at work and it's a very stressful day, was very much hoping to watch some Sox baseball.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:32 PM) They're just there to piss you off! I imagine that the fans at the park are a little more interested in seeing the game than the ceremonies, but what do I know. If you're going to pick one, I would pick "try and play the game".
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:30 PM) Retarded, part two. what is going on with the game day staff at the park?
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:28 PM) Looks like the rain in the forecast to begin in about an hour and a half is light. Projected at 0.06 inches per hour. They should be able to handle that with some kitty litter.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:21 PM) Dude, relax. It is raining. What do you want them to do? this guy is at the park saying it's not raining...
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:17 PM) It's barely even drizzling here and has been since 2 pm. Absolute joke this game hasn't started. And they have a window to play it in. If they were not willing to play in this they should've called it at 8am. what happened to the magic of Roger Bossard? Seriously, it seems like they keep f***ing this s*** up.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
god damnit. It seems like the last few years have just been brutal with the schedule, between the rain and the s*** in Baltimore and everything else.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
I still can't get used to "Guaranteed Rate Field". Just puke worthy.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
How's the weather looking?
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 1, 2017 -> 02:55 PM) I don't expect him to try and lose. I expect him to get the most out of his players to increase the older guys' value to trade for prospects. That's how we keep the win total down. If all goes to plan, guys like Moncada (for however long he's up), Anderson, and Rodon have solid, building block seasons, but the White Sox still are bottom five in baseball. And as far as the Joe Maddon thing, that stuff just happens. I want to give Renteria a better shot than he got on the north side that would be perfect.
-
POSTPONED: Opening Day Game Thread 2017
Great time of the year!
-
Predict the 2017 Opening Day Roster
QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 30, 2017 -> 02:02 PM) His wife posted it. He was told Saturday. Hopefully he does a lot of DHing because I want Sanchez and Salidino playing most days in the field to see if we have anything there. Davidson's defense, from what I saw in spring is not improved and I just don't see much upside to him, at all. Sanchez and Saladino could still prove to be decent starters. I see Davidson as Japan league talent or AAAA.