Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Spring Training notes thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 06:14 PM) White Sox TalkVerified account@CSNWhiteSox 9m9 minutes ago Under-the-radar Reynaldo Lopez impressing White Sox: 'He's got some stuff' - http://ift.tt/2kJ1FwZ #WhiteSoxTalk I think Lopez has a very low bust chance. Worst case (other than injury to his shoulder or elbow) I think he'll have a 10 year career as a 4th starter type. I'm pretty hyped on him. I like what I've seen on video and on his Fangraphs page.
-
Spring Training notes thread
QUOTE (heirdog @ Feb 21, 2017 -> 12:11 PM) Although the advanced metrics scream otherwise, I still have faith that Avi can turn into a decent 2 WAR player annually. Late bloomer who is a post-hype sleeper Unless his defense magically improves this is a pipe dream. He's never going to hit enough to produce 2 WAR at DH. I like Avi, he's a hard worker, stays out of trouble off the field, seems like a good guy -- but he's not good at baseball. That said, I hope like hell he turns into a 2 WAR player. One less hole to fill.
-
Robertson to WASH was close, now at stalemate
QUOTE (Tony @ Feb 20, 2017 -> 06:44 PM) When asked this question, in Spring Training, did anyone expect Rizzo to say "Man, these guys in camp here suck. Hope someone is out there that can help us." I still think we will all be underwhelmed with what Robertson brings back, but it still should be a decent piece. If that means the Sox acquire it in June rather than February, not the end of the world. Robertson is probably the least risky "wait until July" trade candidate the Sox have. It's not like he's coming off a career year, his performance this year should regress positively for him, and help his value. He could of course get hurt, but as a reliever that risk is minimal, at least as much as it can be for a MLB pitcher. And, with the 2nd WC, 2/3 of baseball is going to see themselves as a playoff contender in July, there will be plenty of clubs looking for bullpen help for the stretch run.
-
Spring Training notes thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 04:42 PM) Yeah, I think the one part is if the ACL has affected his mobility at all. He would be the cubs only bad defender, I am pretty confident they are a smart enough org to hide him well enough for his bat to play. I do think he'll have some highlight errors though. Schwarber just doesn't look that athletic to me and it's not helped by carrying around an extra 20-30lbs in "bad weight". I was surprised he came back from the ACL at what appeared to be his pre-injury weight or even a little higher. I wonder what the Cubs' thoughts are on it.
-
Charlie Tilson Injured
QUOTE (Knuckles @ Feb 19, 2017 -> 11:35 PM) Thank you. which is why they delay the MRI, as it won't show much of anything useful. Hopefully he feels better in a few days, that's a sure sign it's nothing much. If he doesn't , then he gets the imaging.
-
New Banner
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 04:58 PM) I love it big win last night, that said, Fire Beilein.
-
Sox taking it slow with Rodon during ST
QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 03:30 PM) Good. Wasn't looking forward to Hahn calling up Brad Penny for a reunion. What's John Danks up to?
-
Sox taking it slow with Rodon during ST
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 17, 2017 -> 03:38 PM) Why? Fulmer and Lopez should be getting every opportunity to fully start until they prove they can't You're just overreacting for the hell of it now. no kidding.
-
Sox taking it slow with Rodon during ST
This thread is pathetic. So much idle speculation.
-
Sox taking it slow with Rodon during ST
QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 09:49 AM) On the Chuck Garfien podcast, the Sox bloggers seemed skeptical about the situation. When you listen to Hahn pause when talking about the health of all the players and then saying everyone that threw was fine, it makes you really hope there's nothing more to this. If there is even a hint of soreness even the usual then there is no reason not to wait. It's not like the other pitchers are throwing simulated games this week probably 75% of their workout is just lower body and fitness work with some long toss and non mound throwing. Carlos throw 166 innings last year, if he has any hope of throwing 200 this year it's going to need all the skills Cooper has, including knowing when to go slow.
-
"How the White Sox win the World Series"
my body is ready.
-
Spring Training notes thread
QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 10:48 PM) They are. It's the ultimate troll job. Honestly I have no idea how Sale would react. Part of me thinks it would throw him off his game cause he's in his own head a bit at times but the other part is like "it's chris sale, how off can he be with that stuff"? I do think he'd come out perhaps over jacked and lack command like we see on occasion.
-
New Banner
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 09:09 PM) Please stand by, I'm cracking open Photoshop for the first time in years. The new banner will feature the kids. oh my, what could have been with Q...he doesn't slam his hand on that bat...
-
Spring Training notes thread
QUOTE (OnlyGillis @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 07:03 PM) At least there won't be a statue in the corner of the dugout masquerading as a manager this year. that will be nice too. And I don't even have to heckle RV this year in Glendale.
-
Spring Training notes thread
QUOTE (hi8is @ Feb 15, 2017 -> 12:53 PM) I think it'll be fun to watch games this year... if they lose, cool! If someone like Davidson blows chunks - oh well... if he does great, cool! Rooting for players who are trade candidates will be a thing and following all the affiliates will be intense. Following the international signing period, the draft, other teams top prospects performances, monitoring trade partners standings... it'll be a much different type of fandom but it'll be lit. agree, the only thing that will suck the fun out of it would be all the new prospects absolutely cratering. I don't see that happening, they are too good, and there are too many of them now.
-
Sox taking it slow with Rodon during ST
QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 14, 2017 -> 06:39 PM) Man, have I missed baseball and am so glad ST is under way! Baseball is my one and only true love in the sports world and its finally back again! f*** yeah. it's certainly a great time of year.
-
Teams have upped their offers in Q derby in the last week
QUOTE (Baron @ Feb 13, 2017 -> 01:22 AM) Look who the GM is and then reassess your comment. I actually agree with Bruce. I wouldnt be surprised if they waited until the deadline then screw it up. I dont see the offers getting any better plus your putting even more pressure on yourself to get rid of him before next offseason. there is no pressure in February, or March, or April...July? Sure. Of course, there is also pressure on contenders then too.
-
baseball america prospect rankings
QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 11, 2017 -> 01:55 AM) 30 combined WAR isn't ceiling though, it's just typical likelihood, and I think that's damn good. middle case, and yea, it's good.
-
baseball america prospect rankings
What's the over under on WAR for those guys combind? Man, it feels like it should be around 30 conservatively, that's pretty amazing.
-
PECOTA predicts Sox finish 4th in AL Central
QUOTE (reiks12 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 12:01 AM) according to OOTP 18 we will be 62-100 with PITIFUL performances from Rodon and Quintana ootp hates rodon for some reason.
-
Spring Training Planning and Meetup Thread
QUOTE (Pods70Rowand33 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 09:43 PM) I'll be heading there Feb 28th and leaving March 6th. I'll be heading to the Sox Angels game on the 4th and Dodgers Mariners game on the 5th. This is my first time going, so I'm really looking forward to it. sweet, there's a good chance I'll be at that Angels game. If so I'll pm you.
-
PECOTA predicts Sox finish 4th in AL Central
QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Feb 7, 2017 -> 08:44 PM) His adjustment might - might - last one time around the league. Then pitchers will start jamming him, he'll get frustrated, and go back "to what always worked for me in the past". Not that I dislike the guy. I just don't believe what guys say in the offseason. exactly.
-
PECOTA predicts Sox finish 4th in AL Central
Not often you see a projection that fans think is too optimistic and the fanbase saying "dammit, we need to be worse!"
-
Spring Training Planning and Meetup Thread
QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Feb 2, 2017 -> 11:03 AM) Both times I've gone its been just for a long weekend. Its enough time. Glendale is pretty far west from scottsdale/phoenix/tempe (20-30 miles depending where you stay). the cubs stadium is in mesa which is much closer. If you have a car, its obviously not that big of a deal to get there and if you've never been to camelback you should check it out. For sure, camelback is a nice complex and seeing a dodgers/sox game there is worth it just to see the crazy dodger fans. One month to the date I'll be there, can't wait.
-
Teams have upped their offers in Q derby in the last week
QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Feb 1, 2017 -> 12:30 AM) Rings matter a lot. lol wut?