Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
7/8/16 - Braves @ White Sox - 7:10 - CSN+
QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 10:37 PM) That Beck choice gonna haunt the Sox now wasn't going to to say anything but RV gonna RV. He think he has last years offense or something.
-
7/8/16 - Braves @ White Sox - 7:10 - CSN+
QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 09:18 PM) Syndergaard out of the game....man mets are dropping like flies.
-
7/8/16 - Braves @ White Sox - 7:10 - CSN+
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 08:44 PM) So this lineup is clearly much better with Sanchez instead of Avisail. Just gonna call it now. you improve the defense with Sanchez at 2B and Lawrie at DH as well.
-
7/8/16 - Braves @ White Sox - 7:10 - CSN+
QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jul 8, 2016 -> 12:52 PM) Right there with you on the selling part. I was part of the crowd 3 weeks ago but things have changed. I didn't realize Teheran was going tomorrow vs Quintana. Might be a hard one to win but I like the matchup tonight & Sunday. I think regardless you can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel -- this team isn't bad anymore they are just mediocre or maybe even slightly above average. That might be enough for a 2nd WC and I am pretty happy with the direction of the club other then Avi and RV at the moment. I like what I'm seeing from most everyone else.
-
7/8/16 - Braves @ White Sox - 7:10 - CSN+
A sweep would go a LONG way. 2/3 would be great as well. Just keep the momentum going.
-
Frazier participating in HR Derby
great, he's gonna hit .100 in the 2nd half, book it.
-
Carson Fulmer "in play" for second half
Rodon needs to keep taking his lumps. Eventually he'll turn into a very good 2/3rd starter. If he can develop his changeup more and command he'll be a #1. Worst case he is what he is now but I just don't see it. He's basically being groomed at the MLB level instead of AA/AAA.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:30 PM) Outside the ALC, the Sox only have a losing record against the Nationals and Rays. stupid unbalanced schedule.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
regardless, keep beating the twins.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:10 PM) I don't recall him missing much time. my complaint is with the perception I guess, he's fine but RV seems to treat him with kid arms. I'd just let him rest today.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:10 PM) SouthSider should be more optimistic. He's starting to sound like Hawk when it comes to umpire reviews/challenges. if you ask most fans I think they'd say the replay process sucks and hasn't resulted in a "fairer" overall experience. It gets the really bad ones fixed sure but on average meh. 90% of the time a challenge happens it's obvious the call should stand imo. This is baseball, given any sort of reasonable doubt just move on and leave it. 90 seconds tops on the review should be the standard.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (Churro Elotes @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:09 PM) I don't mind the human element. But if getting it right is so important, use robots or computers for balls, strikes, everything. oh for sure. i'm down for robot umps I've seen enough this year.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:06 PM) Tomorrow's an off day so maybe he just needed the work. of course, RV trying to get a guy work almost came back to haunt him. RV just manages the pen too loose imo. Don't bring the close in to a non save situation, ever, who cares if he needs the work especially with David his arm is glass apparently.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:03 PM) We know the Sox getting screwed usually happens much quicker in a typical review... genuine lol, well played.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:02 PM) Seems like it would be better just to counter every negative (perceived or otherwise) with a positive. Eventually, the negatives will give up in the face of all that positivity. Or not. hey the bulls got wade!
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:02 PM) The review took 6 minutes and 24 seconds. I've seen shorter pornos.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:01 PM) Robertson needs to warm up in case knowing his candy ass arm, he'll be unavailable next game.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (Churro Elotes @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 10:00 PM) I hate replay. So slow. It's just a game. replay is fine the way they do it is f***ING STUPID. jesus, just have a 5th ump in the booth LIVE at the game, you don't need "New York". So f***ing stupid. Even the NFL isn't this dumb.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 09:10 PM) Bitter much? indeed.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:45 PM) I honestly have no idea how Yankees fans get excited about watching this group of geriatrics day after day. Carlos Beltran? Mark Teixeira? Brian McCann? AROD?! Their fascinating young prospect to follow is...Didi Gregorius? God, that's rough. And they're under .500? If this combination of roster and success (or lack thereof) was on the Southside, we'd be lucky to draw 10,000 a game. they've been run into the ground since the old man died. Hank and his bro are just trust fun babies with no business or baseball sense.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:27 PM) A couple really bad starts have masked the fact that he's been really solid in 7 of his 11 starts, and that's not including tonight. Not only is he getting it done but he's not just getting it down with smoke and mirrors like Latos. He's showing good fastball velocity and command and his off speed stuff works off that well enough. Gotta give Cooper and the Sox credit but IMO it feels sorta just like they lucked into a legit MLB starter that the Orioles gave up on too soon.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:10 PM) He never had a bad arm. There was that myth for some bizarre reason this offseason. I did my best to combat it (I WAS RIGHT!!!). He registered some of the hardest throws all of last year across mlb yet that myth would perpetuat, I think, because he's "grindy". He's also gotten a lot more accurate in RF then CF for whatever reason which has educated the masses on his arm. ha, read my post below yours , must have been you spreading that gospel!
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:07 PM) I swear I used to watch Adam Eaton throw and think to myself that he had the arm of a teenage girl. When did that change? He used to try and kill every worm on the way to the base with a 18 hopper from center field. Something about RF has allowed him to fix his launch point. Someone pointed out to me this spring that he actually had one of the highest recorded velocities from the OF last year in all of MLB (when I said he had a weak arm) but actually it was mostly just a really s***ty launch angle.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
QUOTE (ecupittfan @ Jul 6, 2016 -> 08:01 PM) Shuck has done a very good job the last couple weeks. Got to keep him in the lineup. for sure. He's earned more playing time when Jackson gets back.
-
7/6/16 - Yankees @ White Sox - 7:10 - WPWR
TA is the f***ing man.