Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
White Sox vs Tigers 7:10PM CSN
QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 07:34 PM) Yeah, let's stop discrediting Robin for the things he does right. on a regular basis, the lineup is not one of them. Shuck 5th and then PH for is classic RV.
-
White Sox vs Tigers 7:10PM CSN
QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 07:29 PM) I wouldn't. Robin makes the lineups. probably, but I can also see a pretty strong "get this kid the most PA possible" directive at the off day afternoon meeting.
-
White Sox vs Tigers 7:10PM CSN
QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 07:27 PM) I give Ventura a lot of crap & rightful so but I really like Anderson leading off & Eaton in the 2 hole. Imagine when Jackson comes back & hits 9th. Good blend, especially if/when they add that middle of the order power bat. I'd bet the directive came from above him to bat TA leadoff.
-
Avisail Garcia
QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 03:52 PM) Maybe it is , maybe it isn't. Some guys do better with guys on base. Concentration levels increase or whatever. Besides I am not arguing weather it's repeatable or not just that it's important. Of course stat geeks will argue that driving in runs is based solely on situation blah blah blah. But regardless it's still important to drive in runs . Can't win without scoring . The point is Avi has been valuable this year in that respect. He is making the most of the situations to score runs , better than anyone on the team. Talking about weather it's repeatable just clouds that fact. People talked about how Cespedes was inconsistent but his hitting with RISP was always good. There's something to be said for rising to the occasion. Weather or not you believe in clutch is up to you. It was easy to pick Cespedes as the best of the Big 3 FA OF's in the off season . You might think it was luck but not in my eyes. it's been proven, with stats, that it's not repeatable. Your attitude is like sticking your fingers in your ear and saying "2+2 isn't 4 it's 5". There is not a single data point that says "clutch" exists. Notice that I'm not claiming that "choking" doesn't exist. Just that no player has ever, ever been proven to be able to raise his game in any sort of statistically significant (I'm using this term in a very precise way in a statistical test application) way. Not a single one.
-
Renteria on 10-9 walk off win over Tigers (4 min video)
QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 07:44 PM) Of course people with "inside information" have a scope others don't. But if every time people are going to disagree.. someone is going to play the "you haven't done it before card," then pretty much that eliminates most opinions as invalid in most walks of life. It's like... impossible to have direct experience of everything we have opinions on. The idea that some magic happens when you step into the dugout as a 25 man roster player and this same magic then qualifies you to work "inside the lines" as they say after your career is bats*** insane. Quite frankly I think if you were to create a suitably qualified candidate from thin air one of the last things I'd look for is pro playing experience. In fact, the Sox seemed to singularly focus on RV as a "players' manager" because he played the game at a high level for a long time and would thus know how to create an environment where others could excel. That logic is terribly, horribly, flawed. Sure, having played as a pro can be an asset for a manager. But it's hardly the most important qualification to hire on and IMO is probably one of the least important.
-
White Sox vs Tigers 7:10PM WPWR tv
dead team walking, only a JR led franchise hasn't fired the coaching staff yet.
-
White Sox vs Tigers 7:10PM WPWR tv
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 04:55 PM) Oh that's awesome Ventura, and you are basing this on what exactly? Same "thought process" that left him no other choice but to leave in Carroll against the Rangers -- just pray and wing it!
-
Robin Ventura should be fired today
QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 05:53 PM) I can't hate any manager who won a world series for the Sox. I can't hate ozzie but he's dead to me after the way he quit on the team. I thank him for his contributions as a player and manager but he can f*** off.
-
Official 6/11/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
This team has a mental block in the division and it starts with the man in charge of these men. FIRE HIM NOW.
-
Official 6/10/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
crazy as it sounds, for early june, this was a big win. Keeps the momentum going (this team is mentally fragile it seems so that should help) and helps bury KC some more.
-
Official 6/10/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
Melky is locked in right now. some quick hands.
-
Official 6/10/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
I HOPE THEY GET HOTTER THAN s***!
-
Official 6/10/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
JB SHuck 5th just cracks me up. I bet La Roche, if he's watching, is laughing as well.
-
Official 6/10/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 08:07 PM) Don't let the salesman know that. When I bought my Focus back in 2001, I made my best offer and when they wouldn't meet it I walked away. About a week later they called me up on the phone and asked if I was still interested. I said yes, but only for the price I offered. They told me to come in, and met my price. Good luck! I'm often on the other side of the equation and my motto is "you never lose money making a sale". If nothing else you clear inventory for a more profitable one. I don't deal in huge investments like cars just computers but the principle is certainly the same. If you have a hard figure in mind there's no harm in being patient and seeing if the dealer can work with you.
-
Official 6/10/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
it's a contagion!
-
Official 6/10/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
hopefully the first of over 300 for his career as a Sox. God speed young man. We need you.
-
Official 6/10/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
christ how desperate is Frank for money? Sounds like a book...I won't be buying.
-
Official 6/10/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 07:46 PM) It's truly amazing how awful Hahn's free agent signings were it's more amazing how poor the farm system is.
-
Official 6/10/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
holy f*** he missed that fastball but a good foot.
-
Official 6/10/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 07:27 PM) That first inning reminded me why I quit watching. I'll watch til Anderson hits. f*** this s*** team. yea exactly, see my post above yours.
-
Official 6/10/16 Royals @ White Sox Gamethread
glad I tuned into for this one!
-
Mat Latos DFA - Danish called up
QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 04:16 PM) I think they are truly interested in seeing how the funky delivery translates to the MLB. It wouldn't be Fulmer as they don't want to take a chance of decreasing his chances of success if he's not ready. lol. I also think they are desperate and have nobody better. Where are all the Don Cooper projects? Where are all the new Matt Thornton's or Sergio Santos? Not as easy to put together a staff when your pitching coach is no longer finding any gems and instead is whiffing on guys like Albers, Latos, etc.
-
Mat Latos DFA - Danish called up
QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:39 PM) I think the evidence would be that do you truly believe that a person so coveted by so many organizations would turn down all of those other positions to take one where he has no say or power? If they answer is yes, I don't want him as GM. If it's no, then they work TOGETHER. The decisions are mutual and they rise or fall TOGETHEr. no other sports team does that. This isn't a corporation there's no "shares" there's no board of directors. It's a clear chain of command industry. There's a reason nobody else does it and that is because it never ever works. Funnily enough the Bulls are SETUP THE SAME WAY. Gee, could it be that JR is just old and either doesn't care or doesn't have all his faculties in order anymore? Nobody ever gets fired in the Sox org other than the guys a rung below the top -- some scouts, maybe a bench coach or hitting coach -- never the VP, the GM, the Manager.
-
Mat Latos DFA - Danish called up
it's so obvious that KW is still running things, all these moves scream "KW dumpster dives". Very disheartening.
-
Mat Latos DFA - Danish called up
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 02:44 PM) From the opening day roster, John Danks, Jerry Sands, and now Mat Latos are off of the 25 man roster. JB Shuck was already sent down once. My guess from playing patterns is that Jimmy Rollins is next, unless there is a trade that changes the roster differently. If they DFA a guy the manager was batting 6th against a RHP just the other day then I will just laugh, because it's too depressing to think about otherwise. There is a disconnect the size of the grand canyon on this management team.