Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 05:20 PM) I thought that this web site was for the purpose of serious baseball discussion, not childish emotional incontinence. But apparently I was wrong about that. new to the Internet?
  2. The last time I was this disengaged I honestly can't remember. I was thinking maybe like when I was in college in the early aughts but that's about it. Hahn is either a moron for taking a GM job without full control or he's just a bad GM. Either way there's not much hope. I had hope when Hahn took over that things would be different but nothing has changed. IMO the org is still run almost exactly like how I'd expect KW to run it. Whether that's on Hahn or not remains to be seen but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter from our perspective as fans -- the club stinks, it doesn't really matter who is at fault.
  3. epic fail you losers.
  4. QUOTE (Insp @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 08:05 PM) Sox must be ahead since hardly anyone's posting. or you know people got other s*** to do on a beautiful night in late July then waste time on another mediocre Sox team. I'm still stuck at my office otherwise I wouldn't be here.
  5. QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:02 PM) Gallo, Mazara, Brinson, Profar and Ortiz would be good enough for me I think. me too.
  6. QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:54 PM) Has to include Mazara. Drop Profar. I would take a package centered around Mazara and whatever their three best prospects are. Sox can produce pitching but a stud like Mazara they'll never find on their own.
  7. QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:47 PM) Got a hanger, rolled over on it. He's getting a huge zone this inning indeed. Was a meatball.
  8. QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:38 PM) for being the original sports network...they have evolved to being the absolute worst. My hatred grows every week for these asshats... they suck. I'm actually glad that the B1G is going to be on Fox this year instead of ABC. Sick of f***ing OSU slappy Spielman calling the Game.
  9. does ESPN do anything but not show the game?
  10. he actually has a pretty nice swing. short hands there.
  11. QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:16 PM) Just a Public Service Announcement during the game. Look at Siera Santos's photo with Ozzie on Twitter. Thank me later. Cubs stream for this game...so this sucks. she's pretty cute.
  12. can you even see the f***ing ball from those seats on the rooftop? Seat should come with a telescope.
  13. QUOTE (SI1020 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 01:18 PM) There is nothing wrong with realizing that FIP is a bulls*** stat. xFIP not quite as bad. The whole idea of "fielding independent" is faulty IMHO. All that aside even the saber crowd recognizes the limitations of FIP. http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/13019...endent-pitching I still go by my original contention. I hate that stat. except xFIP has been shown time and time again to PREDICT future ERA better than just ERA itself. Everyone wants to point to the one outlier like Mark Buehrle and say see FIP is BS but they ignore the 9/10 where it predicts regression in ERA either way (up or down).
  14. His peripherals still suck. There's not much here other than possible a cromulent 4th starter.
  15. My thoughts and prayers are with your family Knight. My cousin was born prematurely as well and battled severe mental and physical effects until he passed at 17. It was very hard on my aunt and uncle but we remember the good times we had with "Jonathan". Best of luck to you and your family.
  16. QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:12 PM) Hard to believe this is a below .500 team watching them play the past few days. when they get elite starting pitching 1-5 or close to it it papers over most of the other problems. thing is, it's not gonna last.
  17. I tell ya what, it's been a very entertaining season one way or another. The ESPN ball slurping of RV and the Sox was hilarious.
  18. QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:25 PM) Now I understand your love for Hillary. Hillary is the best politician in America. Vote her. Ignore her bad behavior. I do admire your consistency across all areas of life. why do the admins and mods here do so much trolling? I'm honestly asking. It contributes quite a bit to all the arguing and toxicity. Between this post and the trolling by SS2K and Eminor you guys set an awful example. Hard to tell regular posters to behave when the admins and mods can't even bother.
  19. I really want to like Chris Sale. I really don't like him much anymore. He's a redass if there has ever been one on the South Side. He wants to win sure, but if that includes throwing temper tantrums on a semi annual basis he can forget it. All he's done is remove himself from two starts. That doesn't help winning.
  20. QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 12:09 PM) When you're a lame duck like Robin, you allow players to do it. Really shows how Robin isn't in control of the clubhouse whatsoever. Leadership vacuum.
  21. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:33 AM) It's not a salary dump situation 100%, but there will likely be disappointment in the return for Robertson unless he's packaged together with Quintana and there's no realistic way to separate out the trade return value. Hard to argue his value hasn't taken a decent-sized hit since the second week of May. Sox would do well to get a B- position player prospect back.
  22. QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 10:51 PM) The issue is that in all other ballparks the clubhouse guy controls all the money and after buying the food and such distributes it to the other clubhouse staff. In this case he only controls 40% while the team controls 60%. The white sox want their dues and tips to stay in under clubhouse control not going to the team to control. Essentially the team is determining who gets the tips not the clubhouse manager. I can't believe people have a problem with the players sticking up for the "little guys" in the clubhouse. The players want their tips to go to the guys for which they are intended. yep. agree 100%.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.