Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. can this combo turn a f***ing dp today or what? Come on.
  2. QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 9, 2015 -> 04:20 PM) "Please be advised that video feeds for game 1 of today’s Cincinnati Reds @ Chicago White Sox are currently experiencing technical difficulties. We are actively working to troubleshoot and resolve this issue and will update when feeds are live. This will affect users both on web and mobile both live and in archive." Thanks hopefully they get it fixed.
  3. one of the few games this season I was going to acdtually be able to sit down and watch and it's not on mlb.tv. I swear this season has been a f***ing trip man. Between the riots, the rain outs, the losing, the fight, not televising a saturday day game? Just not a lot of fun so far.
  4. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2015 -> 04:08 PM) They just dug themselves a bigger hole dignifying Levine's initial "be more hands on" with further clarification. It's obvious that there's dissent in the ranks. JR has cultivated a cult of personality and it extends to many of the reporters that follow the Sox and Bulls, like Merkin, and KC Johnson. That Levine was able to get this story speaks volumes imo about the situation in the Sox' FO. It doesn't not seem like a unified front. I think that KW is already trying to spin this season how he wants it. His comment about not having enough talent was crazy. Why would you say that? Even if you think you sure as s*** don't say it. He's already giving excuses not to move on from RV.
  5. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 9, 2015 -> 03:24 PM) Yes. The front office needs to take advice from message board fans on how to run their billion dollar operation. You think it's good for a billion dollar operation to have more than one public face? You think it's good to have a story about how upper management has to tell their hand picked manager to act more competent? How do you spin this story as a good thing?
  6. is the game blacked out on MLB.tv or somet s***? wtf
  7. Just sloppy leadership all around. KW needs to keep his mouth shut and let Hahn be the public voice of management. All I see KW doing here is meddling and running his mouth. It's not a good look.
  8. QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 7, 2015 -> 04:02 PM) Big come back win last night, great weather for baseball today. There is nothing that will get this team going I think we are just watching a bad to mediocre team. That's the occam's razor explanation. Win some, lose some. End of year will be around 75 wins at this rate.
  9. QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:50 PM) Kind of amazing the team's won 10 games when so many of the core players have been absolutely horrific. They're playing even beyond worst case scenario projections. Again, an indication that a change should probably be made in the clubhouse. Not even those jerks at Baseball Prospectus thought they'd be this bad!
  10. QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:48 PM) I just dont see that holding up. I mean, it could... but I dont see it. Alexei is going to turn into a pumpkin soon. I just really hope they didn't hold on to him too long. Eaton is young he should improve but it wouldn't shock me to see Ramirez fall off a cliff.
  11. QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:40 PM) Probably saving other guys for this weekend when the bomb squad is pitching. For the most part, and certainly there are exceptions, you play to win the game you're playing and worry about tmr later. If that was indeed his justification it's a poor excuse imo.
  12. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:38 PM) You know things are pretty bad when the "Lil' Bulldog" is frustrated with the current state of affairs. Beat the Royals two times...no momentum, same with this series. Just can't seem to get anything going without self-sabotaging it. How many games have the Sox given away so far this year? I'd say a handful between the mental, physical and bad managing. Can't be giving games away like this. I'm not even angry anymore I just expect it under RV. I've come to acceptance. He'll never get fired unless the Sox are 20 under in June or something.
  13. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:35 PM) JD MARTINEZ HAD STRUCK OUT 20 times in his last 30 plate appearances before that at-bat. The bigger question is why they even walked him. damn didn't know he was slumping too. can't defend RV here although I'm sure someone will try.
  14. Adam Eaton has Juan Pierre's arm and his brain seems to think he has Vlad's arm. Bad combo.
  15. Do the White Sox have an advanced scouting crew? Castellanos is in a huge f***ing slump wtf are they doing. The margin for error is quickly eroding with this season and these sorts of things are just giving games away on a weekly basis. Frustrating man.
  16. QUOTE (LDF @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:30 PM) i thought it was 2 runs, but hardly anyone is hitting. if the sox comes back, then use another pitcher. I pray that RV doesn't think that way because that is horses*** managing.
  17. Why was this inning not treated as high leverage? Puzzling.
  18. Come on boys. Make something of this year. Let's get that sweep and really start cooking.
  19. QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 7, 2015 -> 12:04 AM) We should of scored at least 6 early on. But we got em in the end. I'm just happy to see Simon turn back into a pumpkin. The dude has been a s*** pitcher his entire career except for the flukey 2nd half last year. He's their version of John Danks except cheaper imo. Least they got to him some. It's amazing how much Detroit improved their defense but in the end it's the one spot they didn't upgrade -- 3b -- that cost them. I thought that was a routine play for MLB 3B that Castellanos dropped.
  20. Wow, what a game! Great to see Micah energize the bottom of the lineup and actually team up with Eaton to do some damage like the Sox envisioned. For one night at least that plan worked to perfection. WTF is up with Chris Sale? He's turning into a headcase somewhat, isn't he? He's always had a bit of a short fuse on the mound but this year he's not channeling his anger well. Whatever they did with him on rehab doesn't seem like it worked his mechanics and stamina are horse s***. In retrospect, seems they rushed it some. Oh well great win a sweep would wipe away a lot the misery of last week and put them in a good position to get right back in this thing if they can pull up even on .500 before May is out. The starting pitching has to be f***ing better though and Simon tried his best to give the Sox the game as did Greene last night. But hey, you face the guy on the schedule not the Sox' fault they got the back end of what is looking like a suddenly shaky Detroit rotation. Detroit has got some real problems of their own imo.
  21. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2015 -> 03:15 PM) You go with that. I will go with the fact that our lineups have all been significantly below last year in both the starting rotation, and the starting line up, except for one single player. That is 1 out of 14. But I am sure the problem is Carlos Sanchez. You know what annoys me? When I write 2k words and my argument gets reduced to an absurd straw man. What's the point of even posting? I've articulated an internally consistent argument and it gets reduced to "you think Carlos Sanchez will fix everything". That's not discourse, that's middle school level "nanannaana booooo boo" crap and for the 2nd day in a row I'm going to take a break. Cya guys tmr. Go Sox.
  22. I'm looking at him because the decision to go with Micah is a symbol for everything wrong with how the Sox evaluate position players. You could replace Sanchez with any number of other names and I'd feel the exact same way. You cannot win in 2015 with horse s*** defense all over the diamond the margins have never been higher for defensive value, or at least not since the 70's. Offense is down, runs are clustered more, and defense is more important. The Sox are stuck in the wrong era and I will argue that this decision is the perfect test case for my thesis.
  23. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2015 -> 01:45 PM) And just for references sake, which I am sure you will ignore... I think you are way too high on Sanchez, and way too low on Johnson. Offensively they will pretty much end up being the same players, just like they have through their minor league careers. Sanchez playing a level for the third time should be getting it. Johnson is already putting up the numbers that Sanchez did, which should count for something as well. Honestly I think this is turning into the McCowning of Carlos Sanchez. He's a guy. He is not going to save this team. People are looking at him irrationally because he is hot in Charlotte, not because of anything in his tools set that will be some kind of plus tool in the majors. I just posted I think he's a 1 to 1.5 WAR player. I don't think Micah Johnson will be better than that this year. I've been consistent on this point for months now. Respond to my point about Hawkins, who is literally the last Sox prospect you should have cited for your point about age.
  24. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 5, 2015 -> 01:43 PM) If Rick Hahn found another GM as high on Carlos Sanchez as a few here, he would be insane not to trade him. I think Carlos Sanchez is probably a 1 to 1.5 WAR player. I don't think he's any great shakes. What I do know is that he will catch the ball and occasionally save a run with his glove. Sounds pretty damn good to me after this s*** show defense the past few years.
  25. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2015 -> 01:42 PM) Hawkins, Courtney. Has been young at every stop? Is in AA as a 21 year old? When Micah was still in high A ball? I mean, this is not the example you want to use.. If anything the ONLY THING keeping Hawkins in top 10 Sox prospect lists the last couple years is his age. If he was 24 he'd be Joe Borchard or Trayce Thompson status -- almost no longer a prospect. But, because he's 21, he gets more time and his stats are put into context.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.