chitownsportsfan
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: Caleb Bonemer heading to the AFL
Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
White Sox @ Royals 7:10 CT
Feels like this division might have the best SP in baseball.
-
White Sox @ Royals 7:10 CT
So we're going to platoon Conor but not Laroche? Makes zero sense other than hurting LaRoche's feels.
-
White Sox @ Royals 7:10 CT
QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 08:08 PM) Mob.com game of the day. Why Beckham and not bonifacio? Gordon's 0-6 against him won the day. Plus he's a great clubhouse guy you know can't help but throw him a bone once and awhile.
-
White Sox @ Royals 7:10 CT
holy f*** who eats french fries with a fork and hormel chilli. Baseball fans apparently.
-
White Sox @ Royals 7:10 CT
anyone use MLB.tv via chromecast? I just ordered one hoping it works better than Roku / Xbox.
-
White Sox @ Royals 7:10 CT
QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2015 -> 07:49 PM) Seriously, how is he not playing 2B? ventura'ed
-
White Sox @ Royals 7:10 CT
Oh good Beckham is playing.
-
Opening Day Grades: Filler until Wednesday
QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 01:02 PM) Being a mod is supposed to neuter me from having an opinion? I am not sure that's how it works. This a forum site. The whole motor for a forum site is people of similar interests having an opinion and having difference in opinions. If having an opinion makes me an antagonist than yes, I am an antagonist. That seems like a cop out. I'd prefer to talk about whatever topic at hand rather than getting personal. For whatever reason you deleted the post, but if it were still here we could down the road. So you make the argument I have bolded above, but your initial post was very different. The first half of your post was about the Sox game and what you saw from Samardzija and it turned into a validation of your opinion that he shouldn't be signed longterm. Now if you made the argument bolded on Sunday, I would have never responded. I really love this conspiracy theory that I deleted the post. I spent like 10 minutes on the original post because I was bored and wanted something to talk about with our last night posters. Anyone that was on last night around 9pm PST can tell you it was laggy as all hell. I would go to edit and have to come back 2 minutes later for the changes to stick. The server was timing out. The original post was meant to just spark conversation on the off day. We have one day of baseball we might as well react. Anyone that thinks I was shipping Shark out of town based on one game doesn't know my posting history well at all. This place is generally pretty drama free the idea that I deleted my post based on criticism is laughable. I already ditched SSS because of all the stupid posters that hang on every word and refuse to use context, please don't turn Soxtalk into one of those places.
-
Opening Day Grades: Filler until Wednesday
QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 10:56 AM) I happened to see it before it was swallowed and it was a doozy. Basically, after watching half of yesterday's game, chitownsportsfan is very comfortable letting Samardzija walk into FA. How are you a mod you have a lot of antagonistic posts. Seeing what Porcello just got you really think Chicago is going to sign Shark for under $20 million AAV? It's hardly about his one start and more about his history which by and large suggests a solid 3rd starter that if you squint hard enough you can see a decent 2nd starter. He's not an ace and another non ace just got over $20 million a year. Hard to see how the Sox can make it work in this climate for SP extensions.
-
Opening Day Grades: Filler until Wednesday
Soxtalk was lagging hard last night was editing and post was swallowed. Oh well.
-
Opening Day Grades: Filler until Wednesday
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 09:16 PM) On the plus side, we can back off the Samardzija for $105-120 million extension talk for at least a week. Yea after what Porcello just got (granted he's much younger but they are similar types, not aces by any stretch) I really think that door might be closing. If he leaves he nets a comp pick anyways, right?
-
Opening Day Grades: Filler until Wednesday
yea updated the micah grade to reflect the pickoff. Can't be doing that any time, let alone down 4 against a tough pitcher.
-
Opening Day Grades: Filler until Wednesday
I was only half able to watch the game today (despite my grand talk of the day off,
-
2015 Opening Day Thread
Seems we have a few former college players here always nice to see people that have been around the game some. Not that is really matters to posting quality but there's something about actually doing the things (albeit at a much lower level than even rookie ball) that get talked about. There's some instruction I was able to receive at camps and clinics when I was in college that stick with me today and I try and look for when watching MLB. That said I wish I had my 30 year old brain when I was playing at 20. I really didn't care much about baseball then I was all about partying. Probably could have had a much better career if I had focused more. I didn't even play my senior year of college wasn't all about the brutal weekend double headers with a 3 hour road trip both ways. Nothing like waking up at 7 am and getting home at 7pm completely drained from 14 innings and hours on the road. At 22? f*** that rather drink all day long. Anyways, today sucked let's hope this doesn't linger. A poor start will kill a lot of the momentum that was built in the off season and more importantly can't just be getting swept by division opponents right off the bat.
-
2015 Opening Day Thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 07:04 PM) Eh his point stands. I played DIII and we used to crank the pitching machine up to 90 on occasion. Once you got it timed it wasn't that hard. Now, I played against a kid that got drafted by the Tribe in round 9. That kid has incredible stuff for DIII but only got to AA before flaming out. Right now Drabek looks like a high A ball guy.
-
2015 Opening Day Thread
We need 9 Jose Abreus.
-
2015 Opening Day Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 06:46 PM) Bring back Ozzie!!!! We need FIRE!!!!!! They need something. Ozzie was too FIRE. Ventura is too DEAD.
-
2015 Opening Day Thread
Fair enough. Whoever gets the blame this game has been reason 101 I don't like Ventura. Team just doesn't play crisp under him and he always says s*** like "oh we had a meeting and it's cleared up". Really? It doesn't seem cleared up. How does your vet shortstop not make that play? How are we missing cut off men already? Just the fundamentals are not there and I think it's due to Robin's laid back nature. Guys are too relaxed.
-
2015 Opening Day Thread
dude Micah def had a chance to make the play these guys had 25+ games to get their communication down. Sucks but I'm going to blame the rookie over Alexei. Either could have made the play someone take charge.
-
2015 Opening Day Thread
go get them tmr. This looks very, very familiar however. Defense still sucks, back of the pen still sucks worse.
-
2015 Opening Day Thread
First game of the year and people can see why many wanted Sanchez. Gotta make that play.
-
2015 Opening Day Thread
Could something in the elbow cause pain in the hand like that? Almost like a stinger? Seriously I've never heard of a cramp in the hand causing a guy to leave the game?
-
2015 Opening Day Thread
QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 6, 2015 -> 06:02 PM) I have watched a lot of baseball and have never seen a pitcher get a cramp like that in his hand Yea ditto.
-
2015 Opening Day Thread
Jesus is that his cutter? Moved all the way across the plate on Laroche.
-
2015 Opening Day Thread
This is brutal don't think the Sox have a MLB quality catcher currently on the roster.