Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. avi robbed. Hit it hard right at him.
  2. that was not a strike.
  3. I'm at work wtf happened ont he double play?
  4. Flyers needs to bat 8th. Pathetic. Catcher is going to be a black hole this year.
  5. Avisail Garcia hits better than 270 with an OPS over 770 and plays in 140+ games.
  6. QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 06:49 PM) Danks let up homers to Mitchell and Garcia? Wow, can we just cut him and bring up Rodon I cut Danks in my 2nd OOTP 16 run with the Sox when he had an ERA north of 6 in July. JR wasn't happy eating the 27 million but we picked up Sweaty Freddy off the scrap heap and he gave us 100 innings with a 4.40 ERA. FWIW my Sox finished 84-79 and missed the playoffs by 3 games.
  7. QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 01:57 PM) And because Beckham isn't good defensively at 3rd It's a stupid idea IMO and this is Robin's make or break year. Hawks' right about one thing: this is the year he has to manage. If he's pulling Jose he better sure as s*** make sure he can close out the game -- with this pen I'm not sure that's a very good bet.
  8. Avi and Micah and Johnson are the highest variance players for sure. I would not be suprised to see Avi turn into a 3 WAR player with a 280/330/480 line with 20 steals and solid defense. I also wouldn't be surprised if he was only a 1 WAR player. He is certainly a huge x factor this year.
  9. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 3, 2015 -> 02:18 PM) Conor put up a 124 wRC+ against RHP last year. Even with some regression, 3B is far from a hole as long as Robin platoons Conor with someone capable against LHP. I'm little worried about Beckham being in that role though. In order I'm worried about: catcher 2b back of pen back or rotation 3b conor, as long as he is protected against LHP, is a completely cromulent 3B.
  10. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 09:01 PM) 22. Cincinnati Reds (76-86; Previous: 21) – It’s not so much that Brandon Phillips thinks on-base percentage is overrated, but that he believes MLB Network made it up. in the immortal words of Jeff Franceur "if it's so important, why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" Sorry to tell Jeff I bet in the 5 years since he made that comment over half the teams have added OBP onto the scoreboard quick stats.
  11. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 2, 2015 -> 03:46 PM) According to Reifort he was hurt a lot of spring training. They were all pulling for him, it just wasn't there. In my first disastrous play (thanks injuries!) of the '15 Sox in OOTP 16 I had BOTH Brian Anderson and Mitchell on my 2016 roster thanks to a devastating run of injuries and bad AI. I really want to like OOTP 16 but when you hit "auto fill roster" because half your lineup is out and guys like Mitchell and Anderson come up it really makes me dislike the game's AI. I really wish there was just an option to "never call up anyone over _____" and more s*** like that. /rant
  12. QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 03:05 PM) Yes. Sounds like he'll pitch April 12th. Starters will be on regular rest. That kinda pisses me off actually. If you look at their batted ball data from the 2nd half only one of those guys looks like a legit MLB starter -- and it's not John Danks. Whatever as long as they don't start skipping Noesi's turn in the rotation instead of Danks' (if they have such an opportunity during the season) it won't have any impact.
  13. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 1, 2015 -> 12:44 PM) Those two will be some stellar trade deadline acquisitions. You kidding Rodon for Hamels in July
  14. I'm pegging the opening line at .230. ZIPS sees .231 and the readers of Fangraphs have him at .233. his last 3 seasons: .213 .195 .241 More stats
  15. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 07:26 PM) Oh, the humanity, all the money we wasted on Viciedo, Gordon, Paulino and Keppy. Stupid Hahn. Ha, I think it's more like "silly JR". I'm sure he had a role in Beckham's return the guy for whatever reason is a beloved figure it seems. Even Hahn's comments about him seemed a little too fawning for my taste but they were imo influenced by his boss. That said this is a coaching point and that's if you are telling guys like Sanchez and Micah "spring matters" but it doesn't matter for a .5 WAR vet, well, I dunno, guess they are all pros and at the end of the day they probably get it. I just don't think it's the best look and ya know there's that whole "haven't developed a single position player worth a damn since ____" thing.
  16. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 05:33 PM) Anyone else see Soto replacing Flowers as everyday catcher by late May? Yes.
  17. I'm half serious when I think that Jose is going to have an Edgar Martinez esque batting line this year. I can see him going 340/420/550 with 50 doubles and 25 homeruns.
  18. QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 04:48 PM) That should do it for Rodon. 5 IP, 4 H, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 R. Mostly kept the slider in his pocket. That was fun. =) Nice, biggest thing is he got through the spring healthy and ramped up nicely on his innings. I think he spends a month or so in Charlotte and then the worst of Noesi/Danks gets sent to the pen.
  19. QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 04:34 PM) Man that ball was C R U S H E D who hit it no audio/video.
  20. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 04:33 PM) Sanchez is probably going to be on the 25 man roster from the sounds of it. Good he deserves it. I'd feel better about him as a late inning defensive replacement and spot starter (if Micah is the starter) then Beckham.
  21. QUOTE (Dunt @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 04:20 PM) Thursday will be interesting. Good thing Beckham already has a spot though. hard to look a guy in the eye and tell him "go win a job" when a veteran like Gordon has an awful spring and is handed a job. I really think it would send a message is he was cut and Sanchez and Micah both get MLB jobs.
  22. QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 02:08 PM) i am all in for Robin V washing his car weekly lol, I'm trying to think of some of the stuff Bonds had in his contract. I think something like he got 4 lockers and front row parking at the facility.
  23. QUOTE (LDF @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 12:54 PM) i like it, a nice subtle aggressive statement of not letting him walk. They can throw in some perks like a luxury box for his family and s*** so they can attend the games. They probably won't get a "hometown discount" but they can offer some amenities nobody else can just due to his family being in the area. If they are offering a couple million less than the best offer that might put them over the top.
  24. Thanks for this. There's certainly enough B level prospects and higher that a handful should pan out. Been at least a decade since the system was this deep.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.