Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
how the f*** did he hit that?
-
7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
walk him.
-
7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
JFC, another fucking popup on a mediocre fastball down the middle. WTF.
-
7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
This is a guy Colson can light up his fastball.
-
7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
Huh, the video shows nothing really. He like threw a pitch, looked at ump, gestured to dugout and he came out. Maybe not cardiac, don't want to speculate like that, I take it back.
-
7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
yea hope he's OK, never want to see that.
-
7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
they were saying he didn't "look right" in warmups and ump and catcher and trainers had to intervene.
-
7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
Maybe a cardiac thing based on Astros broadcast, yikes.
-
7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
WTF?
-
7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
Martin is throwing his mix well tonight.
-
7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
Just get any vet catcher that is a positive WAR player. I can't do this Romo Qeruo thing anymore.
-
7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
- 7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
Ah, the benefits of BABIP as a spray hitter.- 7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
Or not, Mune did not move up.- 7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
Good enough. Good job moving up Mune.- 7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
Great AB.- 7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
Was that PCA's succubus?- 7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
at least he's taking his walks.- 7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
And it ain't reggie hammond!- 7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
I posted that in the central thread last night. They have a really fucking easy bullshit schedule and on paper have the most talent in the division. I think they hold onto Skubal and just take the comp pick, but I just read that if they go into lux tax with any additions, and they are close payroll wise, that pick goes to 4th round -- at least under current CBA. Who knows how that will look after the lockout. Regardless, Tigers are still a threat.- Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
I wonder if the Mariners would do a minor deal for Hays or Pereria, whoever they like more, in return for a reliever of our choice. Mariners have a 77 wRC+ out of RF this year, Hays is projected by zips for 97. If they want someone a little younger but less proven Pereria is projected for 93. Assuming both guys are healthy they'd be an upgrade for them against LHP. Their part time RF, Luke Raley has a 51 wRC+ against LHP. Our target would likely be Eduard Lazardo, who would slot in as our 7th inning guy most nights depending on matchups. He's been a bit lucky with strand rate, but would arguably be our 2nd best righty out of the pen behind Taylor. Mariners would probably want an A ball lotto ticket as well, maybe two. Or we could send them some cash and a PTBNL. 2 million would pickup the rest of hays' salary.- 7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT
I fucking hate Romo in front of the top of the order. It should be Meidroth or Peters. Probably Peters.- Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
There was so much bad juju around that time here. Was Liam probably sick and didn't have the diagnosis yet? I was sitting on a beach in N. MI when that trade went down, I remember posting here I believe that it was a wild ass swing but I was ready to move on from Madrigal, turned out nobody really won that one.- Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
Most variable position in the sport and one dependent on the two other legs of a good team (SP and offense) is not one you really want to go all in on usually.- Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
I have KW and Hahn PTSD. I'm totally expecting us to overpay for someone who will underperform while shipping out prospects that will fill holes on some other team as ones open on our roster. - 7/24 Sox vs. Astros 6:40PM CT