Everything posted by Balta1701
-
GT 8/23: The Return of Alex & Anthony
6 pitches, 2 ks.
-
GT 8/23: The Return of Alex & Anthony
Martin Frozen.
-
Mike Scioscia Possibly Out
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 06:59 PM) People lose jobs when owners spend that kind of money and aren't competing, it's just the way it is. Like how the White Sox bumped up their opening day payroll this year over last?
-
GT 8/23: The Return of Alex & Anthony
QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 07:15 PM) Should at least do something for him. He was a big part of that '05 team. I don't believe this is his first game back, he would have been back with the Cubs in 07 right?
-
GT 8/23: The Return of Alex & Anthony
Wtf, seriously, AJs first game back, Elvis night, Friday night, and this is f***ing on wciu and I'm stuck with the rangers announcers?
-
GT 8/23: The Return of Alex & Anthony
QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 05:02 PM) The man is batting fifth for the Texas Rangers. He is their starting catcher. We have had zero production from catcher which is 1/9 of the lineup we put out there every day. We'll never know what effect he had on the intangible parts of winning. My guess is he had a GREAT effect. Let's say if AJ was here we would have had NO loafing and MUCH BETTER DEFENSE cause guys' heads were actually in the game. No stupid baserunning, defensive lapses cause a badass like AJP was in the dugout. Are you saying my theory is IMPOSSIBLE to claim? I beg to differ. I think it's possible I could be correct on this issue, which CAN'T be proven. You seem to be SURE of your position. We had plenty of loafing many of the years Pierzynski was here, particularly when Ozzie Guillen was manager. The only recent year where that wasn't really the case for most guys seems to have been 2012. 2011 people were ready to go watch college football during games and just wanted it over.
-
2013 Films Thread
That picture needs a laughing raccoon.
-
2013 MLB Catch-All thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 03:32 PM) And now the Rays have claimed and acquired DeJesus from the Nats. Kim must be drinking up a storm. I think I heard Hawk say this a few days ago that the claim by the Nats was done without realizing they'd be picking up deferred money DeJesus was owed, and so they got stuck with an extra million dollars or so that they weren't planning on having to pay.
-
8/22 games
He doesn't even have an AAP page so I never shared the photo/video I have of him. Here's Bassitt pitching.
-
The Republican Thread
QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 02:20 PM) I didn't say doesn't exist, I said dismiss. Though it becomes pretty hard to keep dismissing it when our goddamn President split the country along a racial boundary then a wave of race-related killings started taking place. Really, you have evidence that a wave is taking place? Please supply.
-
The Republican Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 10:34 AM) I get your point, and I generally agree that "omg where's the coverage? this is totally the same type of story!" complaint is wrong here. But the message being made is that if racism is the most terrible thing in the world, there should be the same sort of public outcry when a black person kills a white person based on nothing but race. There's no call for community meetings or a change of perception of black gang culture, etc. You complain that people need to stop being so racist when viewing black people with hoodies. Where's the call for black gang bangers to stop seeing whites as revenge bait? Events condemning violence in african american communities, whoever the target is, happen all the time. I could go into East Knoxville and probably find one a day if I wanted. Often more than one. Just since I checked, the FBI hate crime report filed 504 incidents of anti-white hate crimes in 2012. There were 4x that number of anti-black incidents. There were, however, only 4 murders classified as hate crimes. So yes, I think its fair to expect some degree of national coverage when there is a hate crime based murder.
-
White Sox winner over KC threat
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 11:32 AM) 6 games in 7 days is a ton of pitching. Over those 6 days, Addison has thrown 88 pitches. In other words he has basically made a start over that time period. Of course, he's also done 6 warmups.
-
The Return of AJP tonight
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 01:01 PM) Getting Sale a suspension would sure help us get a better pick. Hitting AJ = hitting ARod, suspended but for such a short time you miss 0 games?
-
2013 Films Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 10:04 AM) I would bet that this Batman won't be as dark. I would think that Superman/Batman will more of a big action movie. And that's where we get back on the path towards the Clooney/Kilmer movies, where they were just a little bit (or in the B&R case, way too much) too campy/corny to work.
-
2013 Films Thread
I think if there's a worry it's that I'm not sure Affleck obviously can pull off the dark, driven, motivated by vengeance character that is batman. He's done dark movies before but it's always seemed to me to be in the "normal guy who does bad stuff" mode. Am I wrong?
-
2013 Cubs catch all thread
Exactly what the Cubs need. An expensive corner OF. Thankfully they haven't moved any of those for beans recently otherwise that move would really look silly.
-
2013 Films Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 09:44 PM) So, Ben Affleck is probably Batman http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2690301 You just ruined my night. And my wifes.
-
The Republican Thread
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 09:08 PM) Zimmerman was found not guilty by a jury of non-white males Balta. What has this mania achieved? The murders of innocent people in the name of "Treyvon". But I suppose "get in their face and get justice" is an Obama speech highlight. It's the direction the Democrat party has gone. The walking orders are being obeyed. You are winning I suppose. I would congratulate you, but your goals make me sick. Unfortunately for these victims, they have no representation. They aren't a mega corporation donating billions. They have no voice. I'm still waiting for you to tell me why he shouldn't have been charged. No justice was served in that case, but shutting down the investigation with little investigation was pathetic. I'm similarly waiting for you to tell me why there shouldn't be charges in this case. Or are you just demanding the president comment any time a kid is killed by a person of the opposite race? Because unlike the Martin case, the police appear to be willingly prosecuting the killers.
-
The Republican Thread
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 08:56 PM) Zimmerman was arrested, and you and your associates demanded he be overcharged... then he was found not guilty of the overcharge. Zimmerman was only arrested after months of public outcry and after the DA was replaced. The public demanded an investigation in the first place which the local law enforcement refused to do. This was also well after the President was asked about the case. So as soon as the police drop te charges here, you will have a point.
-
The Republican Thread
QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 08:49 PM) I dont think Christopher Lane could've been Barack Obama's son. Plus you know, the police actually um, did their job and arrested the murderer here.
-
GT 8/22: Spoiler Alert, the Finale: SWEEP!
“@CST_soxvan: Konerko was feeling "light-headed" on field and therefore scratched. It was very warm and humid on field. He appeared fine in clubhouse.”
-
GT 8/22: Spoiler Alert, the Finale: SWEEP!
QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 08:04 PM) Any reason given? “@CST_soxvan: Waiting for word on why Konerko scratched. His right shoulder has been wrapped in ice in recent days, but that would only be a guess.”
-
Avisail Garcia is the truth.
QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 05:32 PM) Anyway, the right comparison for Garcia's ceiling is Eric Davis. The season where he went 80/91 in stealing bases made me hesitate to use that comp.
-
Avisail Garcia is the truth.
QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 04:56 PM) I don't see how Borchard is a bad comparison. They're both elite athletically and big guys. Borchard had more power and hit from both sides while Garcia has a much better hit tool and is probably faster. Strikeouts, First season in AA: Borchard 158 Garcia 95 Borchard was a strikeout machine.
-
Avisail Garcia is the truth.
QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Aug 22, 2013 -> 04:36 PM) Yeah the whole Ozzie-Magglio debacle and Maggs' being insistent on getting knee surgery in Austria was tough as a huge fan. I didn't even mind the knee surgery overseas thing (especially now in hindsight that lots of guys do that, i.e. in the NBA), what bothered me was he told the public he wanted to come back in 2004 but then refused to give the White Sox a chance to examine his knee post-surgery while giving a workout to the Tigers before signing. Of course, Jermaine Dye did lessen the anger quite substantially over that.