Everything posted by Balta1701
-
That's a White Sox Winner.....
Bump for Hector perhaps?
-
6/8 Games
QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 05:04 PM) I'm not jumping the gun. He was pathetic for the first two months of the season. No way around it. I'm just saying I won't believe in him until the K rate drops. I didn't say I don't think he can. I'm just not going to concern myself with the number of homers he hits or anything else until the K rate goes below 30. Even in the high 20s there are serious issues, but at least there's hope at that point. I'll start worrying when his strikeout rate is over 30% in 3 years.
-
A's vs Sox
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 04:49 PM) And it will be the same argument, the rotation's too left-handed. I'm coming around to the opinion we need to deal Quintana, as we'd get more for him than Axelrod. That said, you'd have to be bowled over with an offer. Unless someone's going to take the Danks contract off Hahn's hands. By the time Peavy gets back, it's going to be right around the AS break, they'll be moving someone right around then to do something.
-
A's vs Sox
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 04:39 PM) Hector Santiago as a starter..... 33 2/3 IP, 25 H, 16 BB, 37 K, 2.67 ERA, 1.21 WHIP BUT HEY, LET'S THROW HIM BACK IN THE BULLPEN. Just needs to keep this up for the month, he won't leave the team any choice if he keeps dealing.
-
College World Series Thread
Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers!
-
A's vs Sox
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 04:31 PM) Man, winning games sure is more fun than losing them. Splitting a series from Oakland isn't bad the way they're going. Great work by 2 consecutive starters.
-
A's vs Sox
Bang. Thanks Alexis.
-
A's vs Sox
QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 04:23 PM) You mean like the seemingly daily double off the RCF fence? Yeah. Wasn't exactly tough to project that as he grew up, added a bit more muscle, 1/2 of those would start leaving the park.
-
A's vs Sox
QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 04:20 PM) He's always been that way. I think the aluminum bats in college tricked people into thinking he'd be a big home run hitter. No, it was him coming up and banging doubles off the wall as a 21 year old.
-
A's vs Sox
My wife just laughed upstairs at "Man I wish I could cuss".
-
A's vs Sox
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
-
A's vs Sox
Did hawk just admit hooking up with Jose Tartabull? "I wore Jose Tartabull's pants once" "What'd he say about that" "Oh well he was in them at the time"
-
A's vs Sox
QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 03:54 PM) Gillaspie seems to be popping up a lot. Like you said, both he and viciedo have their swing planes off right now. They're getting pitches to hit but they can't square them, they pop them off/foul them off.
-
A's vs Sox
Hearing Steve Stone talk about the grip and motion on a curveball is quite cool
-
A's vs Sox
Welcome back to the rotation Hector.
-
A's vs Sox
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 03:37 PM) Howd he get on second I missed it Weak ground ball by Alexei, couldn't get the lead runner.
-
A's vs Sox
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 03:34 PM) ERA is much better as a starter... His ERA was great in his first stint as a reliever as well. It's only since he returned to the bullpen that he struggled.
-
A's vs Sox
TORE THE BLEEPING COVER OFF THAT BALL.
-
A's vs Sox
"I'll have to fire you again" - Hawk on LaRussa.
-
A's vs Sox
Made Rios look bad there.
-
A's vs Sox
De Aza's really got a good groove going with the bats right now, if only he could catch balls too.
- A's vs Sox
-
The Brandon McCarthy thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 11:58 AM) Jeff Passan @JeffPassan 6h Scary: Brandon McCarthy suffered a seizure at a restaurant this week. His wife hopped into action to help: http://bit.ly/18Xl6CB Ok, I'll say it. Odds that's linked to the brain impact he took last year?
-
You're Hahn, who are you looking to trade first?
QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 8, 2013 -> 06:22 PM) For a guy coming off major shoulder surgery, it is. Today is nice, but he has to string together a few solid starts and get his stuff back. We've got 2 months until the deadline and today was among the best starts we've seen from Danks since 08.
-
A's vs Sox
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 8, 2013 -> 06:24 PM) I take Danks out on a high note as well. We actually have a chance to close!