Everything posted by Balta1701
-
Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox, 7:11, CSN
Is there any chance JD has some nagging injury we haven't been told about? It's hard to believe how bad he's been if there isn't one.
-
Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox, 7:11, CSN
QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 06:06 PM) Except JD. Who isn't fooling JD these days?
-
Obama Speech on Health Care, 9/9/09
Time from end of speech to the first email on it out to the OFA email list? About 1 minute.
-
Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox, 7:11, CSN
JD has a .574 OPS since the all star break.
-
Obama Speech on Health Care, 9/9/09
QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 06:04 PM) Not in this kind of setting. There's a difference between an address and "question time." I know, doesn't mean I can't laugh though.
-
Obama Speech on Health Care, 9/9/09
I have difficulty remembering a more hard-hitting major presidential political speech on any policy issue other than the Iraq war from recent years.
-
Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox, 7:11, CSN
QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 06:02 PM) I was hoping it didn't but you were right. Sweeney stays hot . RBI double. Hate to say I told you so.
-
Obama Speech on Health Care, 9/9/09
QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 05:56 PM) The president of the united states is still the president. Respect the office especially when he is addressing congress. If you are so bent out of shape over what is said, rebut it later. It works for the Prime Minister across the pond.
-
Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox, 7:11, CSN
The dreaded leadoff walk of the #9 hitter. No way that doesn't score.
-
Obama Speech on Health Care, 9/9/09
QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 05:52 PM) http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/...ed_You_lie.html The heckler, Congressman Joe Wilson, R-SC. Stay classy, Congressman Wilson! Well, that's going to make for an interesting result of this.
-
9/9 PLAYOFFS
QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 05:51 PM) 60 day DL guys are not on the 40 man roster. Doesn't matter. If the player is on the disabled list or bereavement list, he's still postseason eligible. But...they would need to take a man off their 40 man roster to bring him on if they don't have any other openings.
-
Obama Speech on Health Care, 9/9/09
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 05:48 PM) You know that won't be the focus. He'll be criticized for attacking Bush in the speech. And, really, I think it was kinda stupid. Provides too easy of a distraction from what the speech is actually about. He got away with saying "The time for putting off making hard choices is over" with that guy sitting over his shoulder on Jan 20th.
-
Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox, 7:11, CSN
Keep piling on.
-
9/9 PLAYOFFS
QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 05:26 PM) Would Dice-K even be eligible for the postseason for the Red Sox??? If not, why is he rehabbing for an A ball team in the playoffs unless the Boston organization are just being a$$holes? When a guy is on the DL, the roster rules change a lot. He'd be eligible if he came off the DL. Occasionally teams use the DL as a way to sneak an extra guy on that they can move on to the roster later.
-
Obama Speech on Health Care, 9/9/09
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 05:47 PM) Take that, Bush! I'm sure that's going to be heavily criticized. LOL, please, let them come out and defend Bush's deficits.
-
Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox, 7:11, CSN
Podsednik is just a machine tonight.
-
Obama Speech on Health Care, 9/9/09
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 05:42 PM) What other government programs are supposed to be self-sufficient but end up getting subsidized anyway? The rest of the government gets subsidized by Social Security, does that count?
-
Obama Speech on Health Care, 9/9/09
Hey, a Wendell Potter reference!
-
Obama Speech on Health Care, 9/9/09
QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 05:29 PM) Damn, Obama is a good speaker. I hate looking at Nancy Pelosi. Rahm Emmanuel should stop with the fake and bake. I like how they made the mistake and put in a place where the Dems could applaud the Canadian health care system. I always loved when Bush made those. Wow, now he's really challenging them by calling "lies" "lies". Some serious boos/hoots from the right on that one.
-
5th Starter in 2010?
QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 05:07 PM) If we have room for him, I don't have a problem with him on the roster. That said, I see him doing much more than mop-up duty or possibly an occasional spot-start/injury replacement. Of course he will do more than that, that's how Ozzie uses his pen. If he's at all effective, doesn't really matter. Moving Carrasco to the 6th-7th inning role could give us a clear benefit too.
-
5th Starter in 2010?
QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 04:57 PM) I agree with this to an extent. I like Torres' aggressiveness, but in the two starts of his that I've seen him pitch this year, he was constantly missing his spots. That doesn't necessarily sentence him to being a career minor-leaguer, but he's probably not going to make it into the rotation with Garcia and Hudson as options, and I don't see him displacing Carrasco in long relief. If we carry a 7 man bullpen like we have most of this season I believe...he doesn't exactly have to replace Carrasco, just give you another option.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
Lucky thing there's a movie called "Beaches" so we can care about it.
-
The Democrat Thread
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 03:30 PM) I guess corporations bribing congress with billions just isn't enough. Nope. This post brought to you by Kaiser Permanente. We promise we'll actually consider paying for your treatment!
-
The Democrat Thread
There is a long legal history there, but the U.S. code says they are, and some interpretations of the law could be read that way. It's entirely within the realm of published discussion that they could be declared to have the same rights as people under the first amendment, and since money=speech, they could do whatever they wanted. This post brought to you by Cigna.
-
2009 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 9, 2009 -> 03:06 PM) Cain and Lincecum. If anyone votes against Pujols for MVP, i wanna hear why. Random math interlude: ERA of Wainright + ERA of Carpenter = 4.75 ERA of Lincecum + ERA of Cain = 4.85. Of course, this year St. Louis is playing like a more difficult park for people, but it's always hard to evaluate those and S.F. isn't exactly known as a hitter's park. And I'll vote against Pujols. That ball he hit off of Lidge in 2005 landed last week and killed my dog.