Everything posted by Balta1701
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:45 PM) We've had some that we thought shoulda have a while back like Griffey passing Aaron for the true homerun title.. but never materialized. I think we will see a new post champion/whore soon and you can start the assumptions of HGH. BTW lost, I'm calling you to break it in the future. For a guy who joined in 2007, your making a record pace right now. Post per day: Lostfan: 15.59 Balta1701: 24.84 2k5: 25.01 Fathom: 28.01
-
Cub Fan Incident with Beer
QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:18 PM) Meh leave Bartman alone unless you're going to put tributes to the other fans that reached for the ball too, or leave leave 8 baseballs there to signify the runs the Cubs gave up after that. And if you'd get out of the way of a ball that's out of the field of play as well.
-
Name a state that the US could do without
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:20 PM) I'll bet most of those unihabited islands glow in the dark. The ones we actually used to test stuff tend to not be islands any more
-
Michael Vick Talk
QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 07:17 PM) I own dogs but there is no way that what Vick did is worse than murdering a human. I'll agree with this. He's served his time. Boo him if you want for it, that's your right.
-
Vick signs with the Eagles
Didn't Kevin Kolb just get hurt?
-
Ex teammates on Rios
QUOTE (G&T @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 06:43 PM) I don't think anyone called AJ lazy. A cancer? Yes. Lazy? No. There were the stories of him not preparing before games, sitting in the San Fran locker room and watching Twins games rather than going over tape of the hitters they'd be about to face, not talking to the pitchers, etc.
-
White Sox Media People
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 02:29 PM) Hawk. And I'll go 50/50 that Chisoxfn's temporary avatar relates somehow to it as well.
-
Getz to the DL
Brent, this could seriously be your last chance ever at the big leagues. Act like you learned something.
-
Healthcare reform
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 02:00 PM) Too bad. You could solve the health care and social security problems in one swoop. Do you really think we're this stupid? Hey, if nothing else, I'm sure none of us can remember any instances of a person not having a living will and that coming back to totally bite the Republicans in the ass by making them look completely insane and having Congress and the President interject themselves in to a family's decision.
-
Healthcare reform
Congrats right wing. Hope you never have to worry about a living will.
-
Would you be a fan of becoming more defensively oriented?
QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 01:32 PM) I think Getz and Beckham will both improve next season. We also won't have one of the worst defensive outfields in the majors. Hopefully Ramirez too. His big problem is so completely mental/focus that it's totally something that can be fixed.
- 2009 Cubs thread
-
Flowers voted Southern League's best defensive catcher
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 01:22 PM) Heck even if you don't have that, the once or twice a year it MIGHT come up that you need that 3rd guy AND Flowers happens to be at DH, its so rare, its not a huge worry. While this is true...here's the question you have to ask yourself...is it something our manager would do? Unless KW straps him down and orders him to get Flowers 400 PA's at gunpoint, Ozzie just won't do that. He's never risked having his backup catcher at DH. Ozzie would probably rather put Flowers at 1b if he needs more AB's.
-
Flowers voted Southern League's best defensive catcher
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 12:58 PM) If he's platooning with AJ, where would Flowers play against righties? 1B? DH? I guess if we had PK, AJ, and Flowers split up the C, 1B, and DH spots we could get them all enough playing time, but I really think we're going to need a lefty DH. Maybe we can pick up a lefty RF to replace Thome's bat, but finding a good defensive lefty-hitting right fielder who can also get on base and hit for power is like finding Amelia Earhart in the bottom of the ocean. We're never DHing the backup catcher unless we carry 3 catchers. I have no real problem with Flowers getting 250-300 PA'ss next year with fairly generous use as a a platoon player behind AJ while he hopefully learns the staff and realizes his time is coming and his time there puts him a year closer to FA.
-
Do games like last night's 1-0 loss have an effect beyond that gam
Frankly, I think any game can have a long-term effect if it swings positive or negative...but different players are going to react differently to each circumstance. Some guys may come in and feel more focused after a disappointment like that. Some guys may spend today figuring out WTF they did wrong. Others may spend it pouting.
-
White Sox steal Rios
QUOTE (VAfan @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 12:35 PM) If you read the piece I posted, it says that the Rios contract is essentially a fair value of Rios. Frankly, it really depends on which Rios we get. The 2006-2007 all star version of Rios, we get solid value (120 OPS+). The 2008 version of Rios (110 OPS+) is fair value. This year's struggling version...we're overpaying, but just a little, and I can live with that if he gives us solid D in CF, a position we've been weak at for 4 years.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 12:53 PM) I know I may catch some s*** for this one.... I think this is a tad overboard. He killed a man.
-
Flowers voted Southern League's best defensive catcher
QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 12:51 PM) Castro will want 2 mil minimum. I want Flowers up and in a Platoon next year too, but seriously who is going to give Castro that money?:
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 11:26 AM) No way I'm getting caught up in this game again. Or maybe there is.
-
The Democrat Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 12:43 PM) Touche, because I totally know how it's happening. "Mind-numbing" isn't the best choice of words. "Profoundly disillusioned" maybe is better. And you could have predicted this months ago. Didn't necessarily know it would be "DEATH PANELS!" but taking a random portion of the bill totally out of context and lying about it is a standard tactic. Just look at the way the stimulus bill was attacked. "Who would ever care about research on pig emissions?"
-
The Democrat Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 12:43 PM) I'm pretty sure that was Rumsfeld we were talking about. It's both of them. They both have that weird "are they big in to gun toting Jesus or not" question about them. Rumsfeld it appears more Yes, Cheney it just appears hates the world.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 12:37 PM) So is Vick going to be a Bill? He makes sense for them.
-
The Democrat Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 12:25 PM) How it's been distorted and allowed to perpetuate like that is mind-numbing to me. It really shouldn't be.
-
2009 Cubs thread
They forgot the arrows for "Nearby Cub fans who thought it was hilarious"
-
Healthcare reform
QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 11:38 AM) Eh did health insurance even exist in the 1790s?