Everything posted by Balta1701
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
Well, Javy Jelped out the bullpen a lot with that inning.
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
Could use a bailout here Q.
-
Uribe Starts at Short
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 06:24 PM) I missed all the pre-game stuff today. I saw that Uribe is started at short this evening. Safe to assume he's being showcased? Either that or it's been an awful long time since Cabrera had a day off, and if Uribe is on the shopping block, then we may as well rest the OC for a day or two while we still have a solid defensive SS behind him.
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
I think the A's are approaching the "Swing early because if you don't you're screwed" mode.
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
7 k's in his first 9 batters. What's Javy's career single game high?
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
Some fantasy baseball people are just going to love Javy tonight.
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
QUOTE (JFields27 @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 04:26 PM) that would be accurate I believe .. I havent been paying much attention but I believe he just threw one to Crede to pop him up Anyone know if that's what he usually throws? For a guy to come in as a starting pitcher and put up a 2.13 ERA with that kind of velocity he must have some ridiculous movement on everything and on his offspeed stuff.
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
Is Gameday right and Duchshererererer's fastball is only coming in at 85-86?
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
OK Jim, let's make them feel like they've got a mile to go to catch up.
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 05:18 PM) TAKE THAT BALTA!!!!! I'm calling him Matt from now on.
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
I think Javy's a bit pissed at something.
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
Vazquez seems to just come out and destroy Ellis.
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
Matt Wise is leading off? Ugh.
-
juan uribe
QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 04:47 PM) Although, I'd prefer him over Contreras. Looking at his 4.74 ERA and 1.48 WHIP this season, I wouldn't. At least with Jose I get the feeling I'm going to see a 50/50 mix of really good games and then moderate to poor games.
-
juan uribe
QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 04:36 PM) Toronto would want Ramirez probably. Frankly I don't care what they'd want, I don't have any desire to replace any of our starters with AJ Burnett.
-
juan uribe
QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 01:51 PM) Burnett's contract is a f***ing albatross. No thanks. Burnett's contract has an opt-out clause this offseason, so it's a 2 month albatross rental. Although, I don't know if the 6 man starting rotation would go over that well.
-
For GOP only
Folks, just as a reminder...this is still called the "GOP only" thread.
-
The environment thread
The BLM has responded to the combination of public anger and ridicule by lifting their 2 year ban on new solar project construction. This is not the end of the problem however, as there's still a large backlog of projects waiting for BLM approval that simply need more time and people to approve them.
-
Woman dies in hospital waiting room
QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 02:41 PM) It is ridiculous how long Britain and Canada make you wait for treatment. Yet, all the politicians don't have to go through the same system as everyone else. It's equally ridiculous that people continue to make this argument when 15% of this country is fully uninsured and has to wait essentially infinite time to get treatment, another 10-15% is underinsured and often has enormous wait times while they try to afford things, and the treatments for which we're so good at getting people fast service are often the ones provided by Medicare, because service providers know they'll get paid for the treatment.
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 03:33 PM) I"m convinced that this phrase is bad luck. There were a few games in June where I think I missed it. I was right on early in the year getting it up for his first few starts.
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 03:10 PM) Well, technically, we really didn't beat either Lee or Sabathia. At worst our pitchers and offense held them to a draw and our bullpen beat theirs or had a draw with it.
-
2008 Flying Under the Radar
You can now add a plague of locusts to the list of things that have plagued the Beijing olympics.
-
Athletics @ White Sox 7/3/2008
Give em Jell, Havy.
-
Thigpen's record in jeopardy
QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 01:19 PM) It shocks me how great most Sox fans think of Thigpen because of that record. When putting together the "All-Time Sox bullpens," I always see his name mentioned over Keith Foulke. In another year or two, neither Thigpen nor Foulke nor Howry nor Hernandez will be mentioned in the closer role in that discussion.
-
So here's something I don't really understand
QUOTE (Linnwood @ Jul 3, 2008 -> 07:37 AM) What is the backstory on the whole Anderson/Communist thing? It was basically the only logical way we could explain how Ozzie kept losing games in 06 by sticking Mack in CF. Anderson had to be a Red.