Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Seems like Russell Westbrook is having another midseason meltdown. needz moar hipster glasses
  2. QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 08:26 AM) This in meant as a joke but in actuality it is not necessarily a bad idea to trade a prospect the world is high on 2-3 years before he would be expected to do anything. Hawkins is actually the type of prospect other teams will want IMO. Less than a year after he is drafted, when your minor league system is considered 28th best? Yes, that is a terrible idea. Of course other teams are going to want him, he is a highly regarded prospect
  3. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 08:20 AM) SoxTalk is known for its unbridled optimism in all things Chicago sports LOL. Please refer to Pale Hose Talk for further examples
  4. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2013 -> 06:32 AM) Harper and Trout have f***ed up reality for baseball fans. If Courtney Hawkins doesnt show something this season in the majors, we should probably look into trading him
  5. I went to the Super Bowl in 2002 and saw Brady take down the Mighty Rams. Still have all of my stuff I was not sober very often
  6. QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 04:22 PM) You're totally right, if the Bears were in the SB, these people would be showing their passion for their fav team.. They would be discussing the game. Not repeating "THE 49ERS WILL WIN THE SUPERBOWL. COLIN KAEPERNICK WILL BE MVP." We had a superbowl thread on this forum within the last 10 years. I remember what it was like.
  7. QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 05:06 PM) Ramirez wasn't a failure because he was a distraction, he was a failure because he couldn't hit. If ARod can't play I don't want them to sign him. Why should we expect anything different from ARod. And ManRam was a distraction from the moment he stepped into the dugout. I prefer no press as opposed to that circus.
  8. QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 03:53 PM) Plus, they have a cool English lizard for a mascot. But, Flo.
  9. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 02:08 PM) 2nd DUI in 'Zona And, second DUI driving a car that wasnt equipped with the breathalyzer ignition starter. Whoops
  10. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:25 PM) I wish someone said that was an article by Skip Bayless so i wouldnt have wasted the 1 second clicking on the link. Why have anything in any sport? I think the worst article in relation to the game goes out to Reilly. He wrote an article basically insisting that Colin Kaepernick meet his biological parents, because Reilly's own daughter did it and enjoyed it. Talk about pushing a personal decision on someone else.
  11. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 01:12 PM) When the bears are in the super bowl I doubt Ill be on a SF Giants message board arguing with 49ers fans. But if I was going to, I think my argument would be mainly relating to the Super Bowl Shuffle and why I wasnt there to start no trouble. LMAO. This is the best post of SoxBadgers long and detailed history
  12. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:50 PM) Come on guys, give SOXOBAMA a break. So he's all giddy about his team's chances at winning the SuperBowl, is that so bad? If the Bears were in the SuperBowl right now, we all would be posting stuff like he is. Don't take it so seriously, sheeeeeeesh Please refer to post 8011
  13. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:47 PM) Just a hunch, but I think his trip to the Super Bowl, just like his trip to Atlanta is kind of like a LB from Notre Dame's girlfriend. He's gone from shelling out $12k for 3 tickets a couple of weeks ago to waiting for his dad, arguing on a White Sox message board. bomb dropped
  14. QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:30 PM) I give two s***s if he likes the Niners or not. I told anyone on this site back in feb, that the 49ers would win the SB. Yes, thats why when anyone says anything the least bit disparaging about the 49ers your instant response is "THE 49ERS WILL DESTROY YOUR TEAM AND EAT THEIR CHILDREN"(verbatim) chill out, we know you like the 49ers and GOOD LORD WE KNOW YOU THINK THEY ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL. The least thing you could do is try and understand that you are a little bit in the minority on this website with your fandom, and there are plenty of people that dont like the 49ers. And that was a good previous question, WTF are you doing on Soxtalk arguing when you are in New Orleans.
  15. QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:23 PM) Agreed...although KW always seems to like to get "his guys", no matter how washed up they may be at the time. (See Griffey Jr, Manny, either Alomar, Fukudome, etc.). Hopefully, he won't (can't) influence Rick Hahn. Wait, so now you dont want them to take a flyer on ARod?
  16. QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:20 PM) Your team looked bad against the Niners twice this season. Ok, enough trolling because someone dared to say they dont like your team. Move along
  17. QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 11:54 AM) Aaron Rodgers doesn't play RB.. Packers have no running game Neither did they when they won the superbowl. Or, since Aaron Rodgers has been QB. Jennings and Driver were relative non factors this season. It was all about James Jones, Jeordie Nelson and Randall Cobb
  18. Colin Kaepernick will win NFC defensive player of the year
  19. QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 11:44 AM) Distraction? This team is in need of any attention. Yeah, that was fun having Manny on the team shortly after his PED suspension. Fun times
  20. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 10:05 AM) I personally think his career is over, but if he gets healthy and is feeling good, he can be productive for a club. Although I don't know if I were him whether I'd want to play or just kind of fade out of the spotlight and enjoy the few hundred million I made in my career. He can jump on with sammy sosa and promote Injex23
  21. QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 09:36 AM) You're an idiot. I NEVER said I'd do it; I just asked if you thought the Sox should consider it. Here's the point (once again)...IF he becomes available and IF at that time he's the best option for the Sox (ALL things considered), I think the Sox might (should) consider signing him. Reading is a skill, people. eye cn red, eym naht stewpit But honestly, I dont even think it should be considered for distraction alone, much less declining skills. But you are sure the Sox suck and their FO sucks, so im not surprised.
  22. when did Sickels start dropping acid
  23. Media lead up to the superbowl is so extremely boring
  24. QUOTE (Lillian @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 07:34 AM) Look, we can assume that Viciedo will soon learn to hit RH pitching, and that may be. However, Ethier is a case in point. He still hasn't learned to hit LH pitching, and he's a 31 year old veteran. I just think that this is a viable solution to a glaring offensive deficiency on the Sox roster. You platoon two corner outfielders, maximizing their strengths, you get the left handed presence you need, you fill the hole in the middle of the lineup, and you do so without having to give up anyone whose absence would create another hole. Again, the key would be to move some salary, and Thornton is the best candidate for that. I think that Veal would be a great LOOGY, and the Sox certainly have plenty of LH arms. Didn't the Dodgers express interest in acqiring a LH reliever? You are contrastng a 31 year old veteran and 24 year old 2nd year player as if they have the same skillset on opposite sides of the plate. And as SS2K5 mentioned, Viciedo has shown the ability to adapt and adjust at every level he has been at. Why would you just throw him into a platoon role with a highly paid player that really has no business platooning? If Viciedo has the same year in 2013 that he had in 2012, I will agree that either he has to be moved or platooned, but I am not ready to start kicking dirt over his career based on one season.
  25. QUOTE (Lillian @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 07:20 AM) Well, maybe he ought to rethink that. Here are Viciedo's stats versus RHP last year: AVG .225 OBP .271 SLG .380 Yea, his first full year. So strange that he would struggle, nobody ever does that.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.